Dumbbell Bench Press Twist
*Always check with a doctor prior to beginning a new workout or health regimen
This exercise strengthens your chest and triceps similar to a normal overhead press. However, the slight twist at the end does increase the range of motion for your chest slightly.
- Position bench so that it's at a 45-degree incline.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on bench with knees bent, feet flat on floor.
- Bend elbows out to sides at shoulder level, forming a goalpost with your forearms (weights lifted toward ceiling), palms facing forward.
- Press dumbbells overhead, rotating arms toward center so that palms are facing each other at the top.
- Reverse rotation as you lower weights back to shoulder level.