*Always check with a doctor prior to beginning a new workout or health regimen
This exercise works your glutes, thighs, hamstrings and quadriceps. It also improves your flexibility and balance.
- Stand with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Take a long stride forward with one foot, pointing your knee and foot in the same direction.
- Keep your torso upright and your center of gravity directly above your hips.
- Bend your rear leg until your knee almost touches the ground.
- Push up and transfer your weight to your forward leg while straightening your rear leg.
- Don't let your forward knee move past your toes.
- Allow half your weight to shift to your rear leg as your rear knee bends almost to the ground.