Buying Outdoor Lighting
Spending time under the stars creates a romantic and peaceful scene. The right outdoor lighting can create the atmosphere you desire, whether or not the moon and stars are cooperating. From hanging lanterns to solar lighting, you'll find a variety of styles and designs to form a stunning and elegant outdoor landscape.
Types of Outdoor Lighting
This type of lighting illuminates your entire yard. Landscape lighting includes spotlights, solar lights and other in-ground light fixtures.
- Garden decor - Light up your garden to create an evening glimmer of floral beauty. Take a quick stroll through your garden and get a glimpse of nighttime activity, from nocturnal insects to animals, near your plants and flowers.
- Entryways - When guests walk up to your front door, lead the way with stylish solar lighting to guide them.
- Driveways - You won't have to worry about guests missing your driveway when you light up a path along the sides of the lawn. These lights are particularly beneficial for long winding driveways.
These intense lights offer a large and powerful light source for large spaces or security lighting.
- Large backyards - A flood light often illuminates large areas with a brightly shining glow. If you want visibility throughout your sprawling yard, install a flood light or two.
- Safety and protection - For people who come home late, regardless of how often, the bright illumination of security lights can give you the assurance you need to walk from your car to your front door without fear. These lights can also discourage potential burglars.
You can find a variety of decorative lighting for your porch, patio and backyard including lanterns, table lamps, floor lamps, lamp posts and more. These lights are ideal for lighting the way and adding a decorative touch to any exterior space.
- Porches & covered patios - Lamps and lanterns will look stylish when paired with casual seating sets in an outdoor living space.
- Apartment patios & balconies - With a variety of small light fixtures and decorative options, this type of lighting will brighten up a small space with simplicity and style.
- Gardens - Consider lighting with colorful glass casing, decorative lanterns that you can place throughout your garden and other unique options that will add a stunning look to a lush space.
Features of Outdoor Lighting
- Solar energy - Solar lights are an energy efficient way to light paths, by using sun light to charge the battery.
- Motion sensors - A motion detector will keep the lights on only when people are out and shut off after a time of not detecting movement. These are also helpful in security lighting.
- Low voltage - You can find low-voltage options to save energy when using pathway & other landscape lighting.
- Timers - Set times for your outdoor lighting to come on as the sun goes down and then turn off at an appointed time. This will keep you from using energy when it isn't needed.
- Mounts - Some outdoor lighting fixtures mount to external walls or hang from the ceiling of your gazebo. Create the right atmosphere for your space with the right lights in the right places.