Get answers and information about:
- How long is a Sears layaway contract?
- Are there any fees?
- Can I cancel a layaway contract?
- Are all items online available for layaway?
- What are my payments?
- What if I miss a layaway payment?
- Where can I make my payments?
Layaway contracts are 8 weeks. For purchases of $400 or more, a 12-week option is available in-store.
Except where prohibited by law, an 8-week contract requires a $5 Service Fee and a 12-week layaway contract requires a $10 Service Fee.*
Yes, you can cancel any layaway contract. You will receive a refund of your payments made to date minus the Service and Cancellation Fees.*
Items that are eligible for online layaway will be identified as "Available for Layaway" on the individual product page.
4 easy payments of balance due are required after down payment for an 8-week contract and 6 easy payments of balance due are required for a 12-week contract.
You have a 7 day grace period after your payment due date before your contract is cancelled and items are returned to stock. A nonrefundable Cancellation Fee will apply.*
You can make a payment at the store that holds your contract or online at Sears Layaway
Download Layaway Facts here.
* Except where prohibited by law, in which case the down payment would be less than that amount. See stores for state specific fee limitations. Down payment includes $5 Service Fee for an 8-week contract and a $10 Service Fee for a 12-week contract. No partial cancellations are permitted. Cancellations can be made only at the store where you opened your contract.