Shop Your Way Into Spring Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: “Shop Your Way Into Spring Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia at the time of entry; (ii) at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry; and (iii) a SYW Email Member (members who have provided Sponsor with a valid email address and are currently opted in to receive promotional emails from SYW at the time of entry). To become a Shop Your Way (“SYW”) member at no cost, visit http://www.shopyourway.com. Employees of Sears Holdings Management Corporation, and its direct and indirect subsidiaries who hold a position of Divisional Vice President (e.g., Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, etc.) or higher as well as its immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor’s employees must be in good standing as determined by Sponsor’s human resources department at the time of entry and prize award.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Sears Holdings Management Corporation, 3333 Beverly Rd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 21, 2017 at 12:00:01 am Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 25, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm CT (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Submit an Entry: There are two (2) ways to enter. (A) Online Purchase: During the Promotion Period, (i) make any purchase of fifty dollars ($50.00) or more, excluding sales tax, in only Sears.com online Marketplace items in a single transaction; and (ii) provide your Shop Your Way member number at the time of purchase, to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Complete these foregoing steps (collectively, i and ii) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Qualifying Purchase Entry Method”). If the Qualifying Purchase or a portion thereof is returned for a refund such that the total purchase price of the Qualifying Purchase falls below fifty dollars ($50.00) prior to March 25 2017, entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; or (B) TO EARN AN ENTRY WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE: During the Promotion Period, hand print your complete name, mailing address including zip code, a valid email address and your Shop Your Way account number on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with sufficient postage to: SYW Into Spring Sweepstakes, c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road, Suite 417, Westbury, NY 11590 (“Free Sweepstakes Entry Method”). All Free Sweepstakes Entries must be postmarked by March 25, 2017 and received by April 3, 2017. Limit one (1) FREE Entry per envelope. Enter as often as you wish via the Qualifying Purchase Entry Method or the Free Sweepstakes Entry Method.
NO PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR WIN A PRIZE.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person per day during the Promotion Period regardless of whether through the Qualifying Purchase Entry Method or by the Free Sweepstakes Entry Method. Limit up to five (5) Sweepstakes Entries per person during the Promotion Period.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Shop Your Way account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Shop Your Way account. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof of being the Shop Your Way account holder.
One (1) Shop Your Way account per person. You shall only enter this Sweepstakes via your SYW account and cannot enter this, or any other SYW sweepstakes, game, or contest on behalf of any other person/account holder and no other person can enter for you. If it is discovered that you have entered this, or any other, SYW sweepstakes, game, or contest via another member’s SYW account or another SYW member has entered this, or any other, SYW sweepstakes, game, or contest using your SWY account, such individuals shall be disqualified and any and all points and prizes shall be forfeited by both parties (all as determined by Sponsor in it sole discretion). You are entitled to only one SYW Member Number and one SYW Points account. If you have more than one (1) SYW account, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, combine your accounts into one (1) SYW Points account. Sponsor also reserves the right to close accounts at any time in its sole discretion.
5. Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select five (5) potential Grand Prize Winners from all eligible entries received on or around April 7, 2017. The potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by a newsfeed story, on http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/sweeps-on-shop-your-way/1863996, and/or by email. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Each potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification. Each potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to fully complete, sign and timely return an unaltered Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release provided by Sponsor, and, where lawful, an unaltered Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If a potential Grand Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then that prize may be forfeited. In the event a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right (in its sole and absolute discretion) to award that Grand Prize to an alternate winner. Alternate winner(s) will be notified via email and/or telephone. Alternate winner(s) must respond to winner notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the time notification is sent. If a potential alternate winner responds that she/he is prepared to accept the prize, she/he will be required to fully complete, sign and timely return an unaltered Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release provided by Sponsor, and, where lawful, an unaltered Publicity Release within three (3) days of the date Sponsor sends such Affidavit and Release. Failure by an alternate winner to respond within the forty-eight (48) hour time period and/or failure to sign and return an unaltered Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release within three (3) days may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any prize. Sponsor will provide each Grand Prize Winner with a W-9 which winner must complete and return to Sponsor for tax reporting purposes or prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form. Any prize won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents, if any.
Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The Grand Prizes will be awarded on a temporary basis until such time that winners have been verified by Sponsor. In the event that a Grand Prize Winner is not verified, Sponsor reserves the right to reverse point award posted to the member’s account. Shop Your Way points will be credited to a Winner’s Shop Your Way account within approximately ten (10) weeks after the verification of the winner.
6. Five (5) Grand Prizes: Five (5) Winners will each receive one million (1,000,000) Shop Your Way points. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $1,000. Total ARV of all prizes: $5,000. Receipt, use and redemption of Shop Your Way points are subject to the terms and conditions at www.shopyourway.com/sywr-terms-of-service. Grand Prizes must be redeemed within twelve (12) months from issuance or prize will expire. Prizes are non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The ARV of the Prize is determined as of the date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of the prize as stated herein and value at the time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per person/SYW Member.
Prizes are taxable income to the Grand Prize Winners and Winners will be responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if any. If a Grand Prize Winner is an associate of Sears Holding Management Corporation or its direct and indirect subsidiaries the prize will be added to the winner’s W-2 reportable earnings and be subject to payroll taxes and income tax withholding. For these associates only, Sears Holdings Management Corporation (or the appropriate corporate affiliate) will include a tax gross-up equal to 35% of the value of the prize, which is intended to offset most, but not necessarily all, taxes due on the prize.
7. Release: By receipt of a Grand Prize, each Grand Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and prize suppliers (if any) and each of their respective parent companies and affiliates and each of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, successors, assigns and agents; and their parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, partners, agents, distributors, attorneys, dealers, representatives, shareholders, members, managers, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes a Grand Prize Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown, and state submitted (if any) for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Winners’ names and likenesses may be published on Shop Your Way website, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
13. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: The Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 12 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Illinois, in the City of Chicago.
15. Winners List: For a Winners List, click See Winners. All requests must be received within thirty (30) days of end date of the Sweepstakes. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation and verification are complete.