Sears Return Policy
Standard Return Policy - Effective June 14, 2015
If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase in its original packaging with all accessories, manuals, and parts, with your original receipt, for a refund or exchange (subject to the terms and conditions below). For most items, you have 30 days from the date of your original purchase to make a return with the following exceptions.
RETURN POLICY EXCEPTIONS
- Indoor upholstered furniture, including recliners and sofas, and delivered wood furniture must be returned within 7 days of the delivery date. Ready to Assemble furniture and baby furniture must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- Postpaid cell phones must be returned within 14 days of purchase and may be subject to early termination fees depending on the carrier contract. After 14 days, issues should be addressed with the carrier directly.
- Mattresses and foundations have 60 or 120 day trial periods with different terms and conditions. Mattresses and foundations are eligible for a one-time return or exchange. Mattresses or foundations that are damaged, soiled, infested, stained or missing law tags cannot be returned. Adjustable base beds/foundations cannot be returned. Bed frames and head and footboards must be returned within 60 days of the delivery date.
- Christmas season items cannot be returned after December 25. Christmas items purchased after December 25 are final sales and cannot be returned.
- Custom and personalized items, including custom jewelry cannot be returned. Special orders and gift cards cannot be returned.
- Opened music, movies, software, video games, and collectibles cannot be refunded, but if defective, they can be exchanged for an identical item.
- Some items with open packaging or labels and tags that have been removed, including folding guest beds, air/inflatable beds, continuous air bouncers, water slides, pools, gas powered lawn equipment, breast pumps, power tools, scooters over $149.99, specialty occasion clothing, video cameras/camcorders, handbags, jewelry and watches are not eligible for return and will only be exchanged for an identical item or a substantially similar item of equal value.
- Installed Automotive products are covered under specific product warranties provided in connection with Auto services and are listed on the invoice.
- Items damaged, altered, or abused after delivery to the customer cannot be returned.
- Delivery, labor and/or installation fees cannot be refunded.
- If you return an item for exchange, the replacement merchandise that you receive cannot be refunded, it is only eligible for exchange.
- Damage Reporting Requirement For Delivered Items: You must report any visible damage to delivered items within 72 hours of delivery to be eligible for a refund or exchange. If delivered items with visible damage are not reported within this time frame, the refund or exchange will not be accepted. To report damages and obtain the required claim number, call 1-800-732-7747 between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and midnight Central Time seven days a week (except Christmas Day). For mattresses, foundations, bed frames, head/footboards call 1-800-479-5899 between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. CST Monday – Saturday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST on Sunday.
Restocking Fees, Special Order Cancellation Fee (Not applicable in Hawaii or where prohibited by law)
- To avoid a 15% restocking fee on consumer electronics, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, space heaters and grills, these items must be returned unused and with the original box, product packaging, accessories, and parts.
- A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for returned mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters, and built-in home appliances.
- Generators: a $500 restocking fee is charged for the return of Generac whole house standby generators.
- Restocking fees do not apply when item is returned as defective or because incorrect product was delivered.
- Special orders cancelled later than 24 hours after purchase are subject to a 15% order cancellation fee, including special orders on certain automotive merchandise, including special tires and cargo handler tops.
Pick Up Fee: Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up returned mattresses, foundations, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas and grills. This fee will not apply when the item is returned as defective or because an incorrect product was delivered.
In the event of a return of items purchased in connection with a gift or award card promotion, all or a portion of the card amount may be deducted from any refund or exchange (please note that certain Award Cards may have a date on which they expire, which will be indicated on the face of the card). When returning items in which a free or bonus item was also provided as part of the purchase, the value of the free or bonus item may be deducted from any refund or exchange, unless the free or bonus item is also returned unused. When making a purchase as part of a multiple-buy discount (for example, “buy one get one free”) the value of the discount will be pro-rated among all items that are part of the multiple buy. If some but not all of the items that are part of the multiple buy are returned, the refund or exchange amount will be the amount paid for the items returned less the pro-rated discount. Refunds and exchanges may also be reduced if a discount was given at the time of purchase conditioned upon a bundled purchase, and some but not all of the items that were part of the offer are returned. Points earned by a Shop Your Way Member on an item that is returned will be removed from his/her Shop Your Way account. If there are insufficient points in the account to be removed, the refund or exchange amount may be reduced by the value of the points shortfall. See www.shopyourway.com for more details.
Where appropriate, refunds will be issued in the same form as the original method of payment. Returns with a gift receipt will either be exchanged or refunded in the form of a gift card. It may be necessary to ask for identification in connection with a refund or exchange. We reserve the right to limit or decline a refund or exchange.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES WILL NOT BE GIVEN WITHOUT RECEIPT
Lands' End Guaranteed. Period.
If you're not satisfied with any Lands' End item purchased at a Sears store (other than an Outlet store), return it at any time for an exchange or a refund of its purchase price.
Sears Outlet stores have a different return policy. Items purchased at Sears Outlet stores can only be returned to the Outlet stores. Seewww.searsoutlet.com.
In addition to the Sears Return and Exchange Policy, DieHard Boots and Craftsman Tools may be covered by product-specific warranties. Customers exchanging ten or more qualifying Craftsman hand tools may be shipped their replacement tools. Find the complete list of Craftsman product warranty statements at: www.craftsman.com/warranty.
Get answers and information about:
Mattresses, Foundations, Bedframes & Head/Footboard Returns
SEARS MATTRESS, FOUNDATION, BED FRAME & HEAD/FOOTBOARD RETURN POLICY
Sears is committed to delivering the right mattress to our Members. We believe your sleep and dreams matter. Our return policy for mattresses and foundations gives you the chance to adjust to your new bed. You must use the mattress set for 30 nights before requesting a return or exchange. If after the 30 night adjustment period you are not satisfied, you have between the 31st day and the 60th day after the delivery date to request a one-time comfort return or exchange for a different mattress and foundation of equal or greater value. Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up the mattress or foundation from its location and a 15% usage and processing fee* will apply.
Adjustable base foundations/beds are not returnable.
Please refer to your manufacturer’s warranty. Returns or exchanges are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Mattress and foundation must be undamaged, unsoiled and free of stains or infestations.
- You are responsible for paying any increase in price for the new mattress and foundation.
- Delivery fees for the original purchase will not be refunded.All law tags must be attached.
- Manufacturers of Tempur-Pedic, Serta iComfort, Serta iSeries, Sealy Optimum, Sealy Hybrid and Beauty Rest hybrid mattresses offer longer 120 day comfort guarantees on their products. See an associate for details.
Call 1-800-479-5899 to process the return or exchange request.
Display mattresses are purchased AS IS with all faults. The entire risk as to their quality and performance is with the buyer. Display mattresses are not covered by any warranty and they are not eligible for refund, price adjustment, exchange or comfort guarantee. All sales of display mattresses are final. Should the mattress prove defective following purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
Bed Frames and Head/Footboards
- Bedframes and head/footboards may be returned for a refund or exchange within 60 days of the delivery date with an original receipt if the product is undamaged and you return all original accessories.
- Delivery fees for the original purchase will not be refunded.;
- A pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up the bed frame or head/footboard from its location
Damage Reporting Requirement
- Carefully examine your purchases upon delivery. Customers must report any visible damage (including stains, tears, smudges, snags, handprints, marks or other damage) to any mattress, foundation, bedframe or head/foot board within 72 hours of home delivery to be eligible for a refund or exchange based upon such visible damage.
- If delivered items with visible damage are not reported within this timeframe, you cannot obtain a refund or exchange because of the visible damage. To report damages and obtain the required claim number, call 1-800-479-5899 between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. CST Monday – Saturday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST on Sunday.
- Sears Outlet Stores
- Sears Outlet stores have a different return policy. Items purchased at Sears Outlet stores can only be returned to the Sears Outlet stores. See www.searsoutlet.com
*Usage/restocking fees are not applicable in Hawaii or where prohibited by law.
Sears.com and Kmart.com both partner with marketplace merchants who sell items on our website. If your order contains an item that is NOT sold by Sears or Kmart, this item cannot be returned or exchanged at your local Sears or Kmart store. Your merchant’s profile, which contains their specific return policy, is available via the product page.
Return policies may vary for products sold and fulfilled by third-party merchants other than Sears and Kmart. See individual merchant profile, accessible from product detail pages, for applicable merchant return policies. All returns of products sold and fulfilled by a third-party merchant, including damaged and incorrect products, must be returned directly to such third-party merchant. Please note that both Sears and Kmart do not support returns for international orders sold or fulfilled by a third-party merchant at this time. All international sales of products sold or fulfilled by these third-party merchants are final.
Hassle-free Returns & Exchanges
Sears Online merchandise can be returned in several ways:
Scheduled-delivery items (Appliances, treadmills, big-screen TVs, etc.)
- By scheduled pick up
- To any full-line Sears store*
Shipped items (UPS, US Postal Service, etc.)
- By mail
- To any full-line Sears store*
*See store for details.
To ensure timeliness, products may be shipped to you from other Sears Holdings companies or from other retailers. Please be sure to follow the return processes and procedures enclosed on the packing slips with these items.
Product shipped from Kmart.com may be returned to any Kmart store.
Except Tires, all shipped items (UPS, US Postal Service etc.), including Parts and Auction merchandise, can be returned by mail using the pack slip provided. Shipping cost will be refunded only if the product was damaged during delivery or if the wrong item was shipped.
Return Tires to a Sears Auto Center. Use our Store Locator to find a Sears Auto Center near you.
UPS/USPS Shipped Items
Because our automated system processes your order almost immediately after you click the “Process Order” button in Checkout, it is not possible to cancel your order before it is fulfilled. However, when you receive the shipment, it will contain specific instructions on how to return it for a refund on your packing slip. In addition, home delivery of larger items can be refused, if necessary.
If you make an order that you wish to cancel, you may mail the order back after you have received it or return the merchandise to your local Sears store. If you choose this option, please be sure to follow the correct steps on returning Sears.com merchandise as shown on your packing list.
Orders with a status of “Processing” cannot be canceled (Check Your Order Status). When the status changes from “Processing” to “Shipped”, it means that your order has left Sears distribution facility and is on its way to you. Tracking numbers and other information may not be available until your shipment arrives at the carrier regional center. To contact Customer Service, please send an email to our Customer Order Department or call 1-800-349-4358.
Store Pickup Items
Store pickup orders can be canceled at any time prior to actual pickup. Call the store you selected for store pickup or customer service at 1-800-349-4358. For store information, use our Store Locator.
Sears Parts Direct Returns - How to return an item to Sears Parts Direct
- Contact us within 365 days of your original order date to request a Return Authorization.
- Upon receiving this number, your customer service representative will also provide you with a UPS return label to mail in your item
- You may have the return label emailed to you or mailed to your home. The emailed UPS label link expires after 10 days. If the link expires before you print the label, you must contact us to request another label.
- Follow the instructions provided for repackaging your return and take the package to the nearest UPS store or drop-off location.
- Sears Parts Direct requires a Return Authorization to ensure your return credit is processed in an accurate and timely manner. Sears Parts Direct assumes no responsibility for items returned without the appropriate authorization.
Remember, you must include the return receipt in your shipping package. This will ensure the fastest returns processing time. You will receive your return receipt during the returns process.
How the Drop-Off Returns program works
After printing the shipping label, you can either tape the label to the box (not the preferred method) or utilize an address pouch that can be found at all shipping locations or with the UPS driver you hand your package to. The address pouch is a see-through protective pouch that adheres to a package and allows you to put the folded shipping label into the pouch. It is your responsibility to get the package to UPS for shipping.
The cost of this service will be the shipping charges only. There are no additional fees associated with this service.
UPS Drop-off Locations
UPS offers numerous options for dropping off a package. All UPS drivers, UPS store employees and UPS customer counter agents can accept properly sealed and labeled packages. You may also take your package to any UPS-designated Drop Box location. Packages must fit inside the container and will not be picked up if they are left elsewhere. If you would like more information about Drop Box locations in your area, please visit www.ups.com and select Find Locations.
With this option, a UPS driver carries a preprinted return shipping label when attempting to pick up the return package. UPS will attempt to pick up your package on three separate business days. If you requested this service before 9 p.m. (Central Time), the first attempt will be made the next business day.
After three failed pickup attempts by UPS, you will need to process another request through the Sears Returns Process system.
UPS charges us an additional $7 for this service. Therefore, the fee for this service will be $7 plus the shipping cost.
If you are using a box to ship your return items, make every effort to use a new one. A box loses its original protective qualities over time and may not adequately protect your shipment if it has been previously used. If you must reuse a box, make sure it is rigid enough to withstand shipping and free of punctures, tears, rips and corner damage. Box flaps should be intact. Any old labels or other markings should be removed or covered.
To close a box securely, do not use masking tape, cellophane tape, duct tape, string or paper over wrap. Use strong, thick tape that is two or more inches in width. Apply three strips to both the top and bottom box flaps so that the middle and two edge seams are properly sealed.
Place the shipping label on the top of your package. To prevent confusion, place only one address label on your package and include your return receipt inside. Do not put any labels over edge seams, closures or on top of sealing tape. Remove or cross out old labels or markings on a used box.
For more details, please visit www.ups.com. For packaging assistance, please visit a UPS store.
Sears stores and Sears technicians cannot process a Sears Parts Direct return, but you can use an in-store kiosk to chat with a customer service representative and request a Return Authorization. Simply select the Sears Parts Direct icon at the store kiosk, click on the Chat icon, provide your order number, and request a Return Authorization number.
Sears Outlet Stores
Sears Outlet stores have a different return policy. Items purchased at Sears Outlet stores can only be returned to the Sears Outlet stores. See www.searsoutlet.com
As disclosed at the time of purchase, some items are non-returnable and non-refundable. If you have any questions about this policy, please call us at 800-366-PART.