Sears Return Policy
Holiday Return Policy for Select Sales 11-1 through 12-24
To accommodate holiday returns, select items purchased 11/1 - 12/24 will have extended return periods:
- Items which typically have 30-day return periods can be returned through 1/31/17
Note: Items sold by third party sellers, floor care equipment, vacuums, major home appliances, sewing machines, water treatment, plumbing, heating equipment, mattresses and items with return policy period less than 30 days are not covered by the extended Holiday Return Policy. Terms of standard policy (including, but not limited to, non-returnable items, restocking fee, original packaging, etc.) apply.
Regular Return Policy - Effective June 14, 2015
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item sold by Sears, you can return your purchase in its original packaging with all accessories, manuals & parts, with your original receipt, for a refund or exchange per the terms & conditions outlined below. For most items, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to make a return with some exceptions. Please see our return policy exceptions & special terms below.
Where appropriate, refunds will be issued in the same form as the original method of payment. Returns with a gift receipt will either be exchanged or refunded in the form of a gift card. It may be necessary to ask for identification in connection with a refund or exchange. We reserve the right to limit or decline a refund or exchange.
Looking for how to return or cancel an order instead? you can find it here
Sears Return Policy Non-Refundable Fees
For items mailed to your home:
- Applicable shipping charges will be deducted from your refund unless the return is a result of our error
For items delivered to your home:
- Delivery, labor &/or installation fees cannot be refunded
- Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up returned mattresses, foundations, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas & grills.
- A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters & built-in home appliances.
- Pick up fees & restocking fees do not apply when item is returned as defective or because incorrect product was delivered.
Delivered items mandatory damage reporting requirement: Any visible damage on delivered items must be reported within 72 hours of its delivery to be eligible for a refund or exchange. To report damages & obtain the required claim number, call 1-800-732-7747 between the hours of 6:00 am & midnight CST seven days a week (except Christmas Day). For mattresses, foundations, bed frames, headboards & footboards call 1-800-479-5899 between 7:30 am & 8:00 pm CST Monday – Saturday, & 9:00 am to 6:00 pm CST on Sunday.
Sears Return Policy Exceptions & Special Terms
- Automotive products that are installed are covered under specific product warranties provided in connection with auto services & are listed on the invoice.
- Postpaid cell phones must be returned within 14 days of purchase & may be subject to early termination fees depending on the carrier contract. After 14 days, issues should be addressed with the carrier directly.
- Christmas seasonal items cannot be returned after December 25. Christmas items purchased after December 25 are final sales & cannot be returned.
- DieHard boots may be covered by product-specific warranties in addition to the Sears Return & Exchange Policy.
- Craftsman tools may be covered by product-specific warranties in addition to the Sears Return & Exchange Policy. Customers exchanging ten or more qualifying Craftsman hand tools may be shipped their replacement tools. Find the complete list of Craftsman product warranty statements at: www.craftsman.com/warranty.
- Custom & personalized items (including custom jewelry), special orders & gift cards cannot be returned.
- Items that are damaged, altered or abused after customer receives the item cannot be returned. This includes items purchased online & in our stores.
- Furniture such as indoor upholstered furniture, recliners & sofas, & wood furniture that is delivered must be returned within 7 days of the delivery date. Ready-to-assemble & baby furniture must be returned within 30 days of purchase. A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for assembled/upholstered indoor furniture. Restocking fees do not apply when item is returned as defective or because incorrect product was delivered.
- Replacement merchandise received in an exchange is only eligible for another exchange & not for a refund.
- Opened music, movies, software, video games and collectibles cannot be refunded, but if defective, they can be exchanged for an identical item.
- Some items with open packaging or labels & tags that have been removed are not eligible for return. These include folding guest beds, air/inflatable beds, continuous air bouncers, water slides, pools, gas powered lawn equipment, breast pumps, power tools, scooters over $149.99, specialty occasion clothing, video cameras/camcorders, handbags, jewelry & watches. They are not eligible for return, but may be eligible for exchange of an identical item or a substantially similar item of equal value.
- Mattresses & foundations, headboard/footboard returns
Please see Mattresses, Foundations, Bedframes & Head/Footboard Returns below
- Points earned by a Shop Your Way Member & returns
Any points earned on an item that is returned will be removed from your Shop Your Way account. If there are insufficient points in the account to be removed, the refund or exchange amount may be reduced by the value of the points shortfall. For more information, please visit www.shopyourway.com.
- Promotional offers & returns
When returning items purchased in connection with a gift or award card promotion, all or a portion of the card amount may be deducted from your refund or exchange. Some award cards may have an expiration date indicated on the face of the card. When returning items that included a free or bonus item promotion, the value of the free or bonus item may be deducted from any refund or exchange, unless the free or bonus item is also returned unused. When making a purchase as part of multiple-buy discount (for example, “buy one, get one free”) the value of the discount will be pro-rated among all items that are part of the multiple buy. If some but not all of the items that are part of the multiple buy are returned, the refund or exchange amount will be the amount paid for the items returned less the pro-rated discount. Refund and exchange may also be reduced if a discount was given at the time of purchase conditioned upon a bundled purchase, and some but not all of the items that were part of the offer are returned.
- Restocking fees and Specia Order Cancellation fees (not applicable in Hawaii or where prohibited by law).
- To avoid a 15% restocking fee on consumer electronics, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, space heaters & grills, these items must be returned unused & with the original box, product packaging, accessories & parts.
- A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for returned mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters, & built-in home appliances.
- A $500 restocking fee is charged for the return of Generac whole house standby generators.
- Restocking fees do not apply when item is returned as defective or because incorrect product was delivered.
- Special orders canceled later than 24 hours after purchase are subject to a 15% order cancellation fee, including special orders on certain automotive merchandise, including special tires & cargo handler tops.
Sears is committed to delivering you the right mattress. We believe your sleep & dreams matter. Our return policy for mattresses & foundations gives you the chance to adjust to your new bed. You must use the mattress set for 30 nights before requesting a return or exchange. If after the 30 night adjustment period you are not satisfied, you have between the 31st day & the 60th day after the delivery date to request a one-time comfort return or exchange for a different mattress & foundation of equal or greater value. Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up the mattress or foundation from its location & a 15% usage & processing fee* will apply.
Adjustable base foundations/beds are not returnable. Please refer to your manufacturer’s warranty.
Returns or exchanges are subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Mattress & foundation must be undamaged, unsoiled & free of stains or infestations.
- You are responsible for paying any increase in price for the new mattress & foundation.
- Delivery fees for the original purchase will not be refunded.All law tags must be attached.
- Manufacturers of Tempur-Pedic, Serta iComfort, Serta iSeries, Sealy Optimum, Sealy Hybrid & Beauty Rest hybrid mattresses offer longer 120 day comfort guarantees on their products.
Call 1-800-479-5899 to process the return or exchange request.
Display mattresses are purchased AS IS with all faults.
The entire risk as to their quality & performance is with the buyer. Display mattresses are not covered by any warranty & they are not eligible for refund, price adjustment, exchange or comfort guarantee. All sales of display mattresses are final. Should the mattress prove defective following purchase, the buyer & not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
Bed Frames & Headboard/Footboards
- Bedframes & head/footboards may be returned for a refund or exchange within 60 days of the delivery date with an original receipt if the product is undamaged & you return all original accessories.
- Delivery fees for the original purchase will not be refunded.
- A pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up the bed frame or head/footboard from its location
- Adjustable base foundations/beds are final sale & cannot be returned.
Damage Reporting Requirement
Carefully examine your purchases upon delivery. Customers must report any visible damage (including stains, tears, smudges, snags, handprints, marks or other damage) to any mattress, foundation, bedframe or head/foot board within 72 hours of home delivery to be eligible for a refund or exchange based upon such visible damage.
If delivered items with visible damage are not reported within 72 hours, you cannot obtain a refund or exchange because of the visible damage. To report damages & obtain the required claim number, call 1-800-479-5899 between 7:30 a.m. & 8:00 p.m. CST Monday – Saturday, & 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST on Sunday.
*Usage/restocking fees are not applicable in Hawaii or where prohibited by law.
Returning Items Sold by a Marketplace Seller
Sears.com partners with Marketplace sellers – third party businesses who sell items on our website. These items cannot be returned or exchanged at a Sears store and must be returned directly to the Marketplace seller.
Each seller has individual return policies & requirements for returns. You can find these on the Marketplace seller page, which can be found by clicking on the name of the seller from the product page. Sears Marketplace sellers are backed by our Marketplace Guarantee.
Please note that Sears does not support returns for international orders sold or fulfilled by a third-party seller at this time. All international sales of products sold or fulfilled by these third-party sellers are final.
Return Policies for Other Merchandise
Lands' End Purchases
Lands' End Guaranteed. Period. If you're not satisfied with any Lands' End item purchased Online, in the Lands' End Catalog, or at at a Sears Lands' End Shop, return it at any time with your receipt for an exchange or a refund of its purchase price. If your purchase has been made at a Lands' End Inlet - you must return your purchase to any Lands' End Inlet location. If your in-store return is without a receipt, you will be issued a Lands' End gift card. Online returns withoput a receipt cannot be returned at a Sears store.
Returning Sears Parts Direct Items
Sears Parts Direct has a different return policy. For their complete return policy, please visit Sears Parts Direct.
You can process a Parts Direct return at many Sears stores. A Return Authorization is required. You can request this online or go to a store and ask a sales associate for assistance.
With a return authorization, you can print a return shipping label or return to a Sears location near you.