Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have always purchased Kenmore with good results. Not so this time. After shopping many sales and brands to find a good priced microwave with decent functions, we thought this would be a great buy. Well, after barely 2 years of use (mind you, this product is not even used on a daily basis) with no problems, it started acting weird. Would keep running after door was opened-yikes! Then you could program it, hit start and nothing. Told it could be a fuse-nope. Read on line a bit more to find out it can be a costly fix. Not worth fixing even though this micro cost a good bit of money. Lost my faith in the Kenmore name. Sad we live in such a disposable world now where nothing seems to be built of quality. Cheap, throwaway products which still have a hefty price tag.
I was very disappointed with the microwave. It is a piece of junk. After using for only 2 months (lightly), it would not heat anything. It was still under warranty, so I took it in to be repaired. They fixed it, but it still didn't heat very well. It is very inconsistent. Sometimes it will take 1 minute to heat a corndog, and other times it will take 3 mins, to heat the exact same food. Very frustrating. Then, after 1 year and 1 month use, the microwave will not run past 5 mins. It just completely shuts down, like it has lost power. After it sits for about 30 mins, it will regain power, but I have never had such a horrible microwave. Save the trouble and AVOID this microwave like the plague!!!
Forest Hills, NY
I purchased my unit on March 21, 2013. After 8 months' light usage, the door starts to stick or un-open when I push the Open button. I tried to claim a warranty but don't know if the Sears takes respond or Kenmore.
What a disappointment! Seemed to work fine and then right at about 6 months started smelling like something was burning. The odor was awful. And we are having a lot of difficulty getting this addressed. Microwaves should not last only 6 months. What's worse is we bought a Kenmore thinking it would be a good product. Thought wrong. And thank you sears for making this a pain in the rear to resolve.
Fort Bragg, NC
It fits perfectly for us counter-top underneath our cupboards. Its ease of operation far and away over our previous Panasonic Microwave that went belly up after only 18 mos. of operation. Should have bought from Sears in the first place. I also purchased the warranty on it as I have researched that Microwaves manufactured lately are NOT built to last. I comfortable with the warranty and Sears has always honored their warranty on their products whenever I have had to call it into play.
Newbury Park, CA
Boiling Springs, SC
Top-rated at Consumer Reports, and on sale when I bought it, the bargain was amazing. Works flawlessly except for these **very minor points**: - Popcorn button works perfectly on a full-size (two serving) bag of microwave popcorn, but a few seconds over done on the one-serving bag - Vegetable auto cook overdoes the veggies considerably - In general (popcorn is an exception), the auto-cook modes are difficult to set up. For example: you need to refer to the manual to initiate the auto cook veggie mode correctly. Overall: an amazing microwave for the price.
I have had this microwave for 3 months and will be returning it to the store. It randomly stops working during a cook cycle and also turns on randomly without being touched. If you happen to bang the top of the microwave it turns on by itself. In addition, it started heating things up way too much and then smoke was coming out of the vent. Quite frankly I fear it could be a fire hazard. I have never had such a poorly made product!
Spring Grove, IL
Corpus Christi, TX
Based on Consumer Reports recommendation, we bought this microwave at our local Sears, took it home and the bottom was screwed on crookedly, so one corner sat up 1/4" higher than the rest. Exchanged it for the same exact model, brought it home and used it 3 times, then it quit working. The timer would start counting down and it said "Power 100", but nothing was happening with the exception of the light being on inside. We had not used it all day up to this point. This happened several times even after unplugging and plugging it back in. Then we went to try again 5 minutes later and it worked. I think we're taking it back and going with the runner up in customer reviews on other sites - a Panasonic.
Bought this microwave a year ago to replace a 10 year old microwave my in-laws had given us about 5 years ago. This microwave was inexpensive and had great ratings. Unfortunately, we're just out of warranty and we have to replace it. A smell of burning wires/plastic comes out the vents on the side when we use it. The inside looks/smells fine. No metal was ever put into it, and it's been lightly used. (Less than three times/week). With kids home for the summer, we need it. Don't know what I'm going to choose now. Great reviews have not worked out for me this time.