Food Processor Buying Guide
A food processor can be one of the most powerful tools in your kitchen, and it's versatile enough to tackle a myriad of recipes. This small appliance can chop nuts, mix dough and puree foods with just the push of a button. Before selecting on for the kitchen, here are different types of food processors and features to consider.
A mini food processor gives you the ability to chop and mix enough ingredients for one or two people.
- Replacing a blender - If you like fruit juices, veggie juices or even almond milk, you can make them with a mini food processor. You can keep a small kitchen clutter-free by doing more with just one appliance.
- Single servings - If you're only cooking for one, you can prepare the right amounts of ingredients without waste using a smaller processor.
For chopping, dicing and mincing that you'll have to do in prepping meals every evening, this model will make those tasks a snap.
- Repetitive food prep tasks - A food chopper will handle simple and everyday food preparation tasks with the push of a button and helping you save time.
- Fruits, veggies and spices - When you only need to chop ingredients for a meal and don't need all the functions of your full-size food processor, this appliance will perform this task quickly.
A full-size model has versatile additional features and can handle large quantities of food for dinner parties or big family meals.
- Perfect for baking and pasta dishes - When making pizza, pasta or bread dough, a large food processor will have the capacity, power and necessary attachments to mix large amounts of dough.
- Ideal when entertaining - If you make large quantities of food for big family dinners or entertain frequently, you'll want something that can prepare plenty of ingredients quickly.
Features of Food Processors
- Capacity - Food processors can have capacities up to 14 cups.
- Settings - Different settings and attachments let you chop, grind and mix foods with precision.
- Lids - Lid slots allow you to pour ingredients into your processor at the right time for more complex recipes.
- Bowls - Different sizes of bowls let you measure the right amount of ingredients.
- Attachments - Dough blades and juicers give you even more functions in one appliance.
- Easy Cleanup - Many of the parts are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.