A Beginner's Guide to Buying a Shed
When you start maintaining a new garden or yard, having the right shed is a must. This structure can be used to store all your tools and equipment, and can even act as a small workshop. There are many different kinds of sheds so let's take a look to find the perfect one for you.
- Made of steel or galvanized aluminum
- Sturdy and economical
- May be suceptible to corrosion & dents
shop all metal sheds
- Highly customizable
- Can be painted and designed to blend into your outdoor decor
- Open to moisture, harsh weather and insect damage
shop all wooden sheds
- Constructed of high-quality plastic materials
- UV-protected and stain-proof
- Not as many style options to choose from
shop all resin sheds
Wood Composite Sheds
- Mix the durability of resin with the styling ability of wood
- Require little to no maintenance
- May cost more than other models
shop all wood composite sheds
There are different ways to keep a shed neat and tidy. You can pick from a vast selection of storage solutions according to your specific demands and requirements.
- Shelving - The right kind of shelving will help you to maintain an organized shed without any sort of mess. From roof storage to floor stands, shelving is one of the easiest ways to clean up the clutter.
- Workbenches - Multipurpose workbenches can be used to carry out your tasks while also holding all your important tools.
- Wall mounts and hooks - Wall mounts are a great way to store your equipment and also occupy less floor space.
- Racks - Tool racks are ideal for short and long handled tools. These can be moved around to suit your convenience.
- Cabinets - If your garden shed has enough room, you can install cabinets as a storage option.
- Ramps - A ramp is always useful to wheel bigger equipment in and out of your shed.
shop all shed accessories
Garden Shed Sizes
When choosing a shed, it's important to consider the size you need. This can be determined by answering a few important questions. For instance, "what do you want to use the shed for?", "what do you plan on storing in it?" and "will it fit in the designated space?"
- Small - Small sheds are typically around 6' x 6' and are just right for a small garden and serve as great storage spaces in addition to holding all your garden tools and equipment.
- Medium - Medium sheds are about 8' x 8' and are ideal for a small, medium or large gardens or backyards. Besides holding all your garden equipment, you can also use this space to store all the things that have no place in your home.
- Large - Large sheds are approximately 10' x 10' or more and can hold anything including your mower, tools, bikes or even excess furniture. These units are sturdy and provide great storage space as well as a comfortable area for you to relax and carry out any activities.