A Beginner's Guide to Buying Lawn Decor
By decorating your lawn or garden, you can transform the space into a beautiful oasis for unwinding and enjoying the outdoors. There is a vast array of gorgeous outdoor decor that accentuates the beauty of your home. From planters and fountains to statues and lights, there are many amazing ways to transform a property into a magical place that you get to call your own. Here are some useful tips and features to consider when buying lawn decor for your home.
A fountain serves as a stunning point of attraction in an outdoor space. It takes your garden, lawn or patio to a whole new level with a captivating appeal.
- Designs - You can pick a simple stone cascading design that blends into your garden or opt for a large stone structure that becomes the focal point of your outdoor decor.
- Creative focal point - Once you put up your fountain, you can then proceed to design your lawn around it. The whimsical styles infuse a mystical sense of beauty into your garden and create a lovely ambience.
Statues are a simple way to make your lawn more homely. Incorporate an organic look with architectural rocks that can be used to form a border or opt for vibrant models that alleviate your space.
- Various styles - A vivacious vibe calls for colorful and cute designs like pink flamingoes or wobble statues of your favorite characters. You can also create a majestic aura with large lion fixtures or a sense of calm with peaceful angels or cherubs made of faux stone.
- Birdhouses - Birdhouses are functional accessories that come in a wide range of styles and colors to suit your tastes.
Add a pop of color to your patio furniture with comfortable pillows and cushions.
- Colorful patterns - Choose from amongst a wide variety of designs, including prints, solid colors and embroidered patterns, according to what fits into your existing decor.
- Floral - Floral designs are great for summer while darker hues look regal against the backdrop of a snowy landscape.
- Comfortable - The plush padding provides ample support for your back while the durable fabric ensures that these products last for a long period of time.
Lights can lift your mood in the best way possible. Outdoor lamps throw enough light to allow for any activity post sunset. The lovely glow of a vintage lantern adds to the warmth of a happy gathering.
- String lights - Hang a string of lights around different points of your yard for a nice pop, or wrap them around trees, railings or ledges to illuminate various spots.
- Lanterns - You can place a lantern on your table to act a centerpiece or choose one that's mounted on a light pole.
- Track lighting - These are a great way to accent your home's layout, especially for walkways or winding driveways.
Planters are a superb technique to fill up the gaps in your landscape and add some life to the look of your backyard. You can fix tastefully crafted boxes of flowering plants onto your kitchen window sills so your view will always be a colorful.
- Versatile locations - Place plant stands at the entrance of your home or on your patio for a greener, fresher look. You can also use these decorative items to border your flower beds or line the edges of your porch.
- All seasons - Keep changing the flora in the containers to suit the season, so you plants and flowers stay in solid shape throughout the year.
What to Consider When Buying Lawn Decor
There are some factors to keep in mind when you're about to invest in lawn decor for your home.
- Cost - Think about your budget and don't overspend on designs or sizes you need. Having a limit will also allow you to be more focused when you're planning your layout.
- Energy efficiency - Invest in fluorescent and LED lights to save energy. Make sure you use outdoor-rated bulbs that will withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Know your space - Consider the look and feel of your garden and whether you have a specific theme to follow. Choose accessories that match the theme and go well together.
- Power cords - Use power chords that are outdoor-rated and that will not be affected by water, especially for fountains, lighting or illuminated statues.
- Don't overdo it - Don't add too much decor to the space. Too many items will only make your lawn look cluttered and messy. Keep your design simple and elegant.
- Research rules - Always keep rules and regulations of your town or homeowners' association in mind. Make sure to follow necessary building and zoning codes.