• 4 answers
    • 0 posts
    • 0 comments
    • 0 reviews
  1. Outdoors There is a dangerous design flaw in the DieHard Portable Power 1150. I have called six different numbers at Sears, including Customer Service, without finding anyone who could discuss the danger or tell me who I should call to discuss it. When the user energizes the USB charging port, they also energize the battery clamps. If I am charging a cell phone and someone touches the clamps, they could be severely injured. The USB port and the clamps should be controlled by separate switches. I should also have been able to discuss my concern with a knowledgeable person long before this.

Battery voltage is a nominal 12VDC, measuring about (2.2v)/(cell)x(6 Pb cells)=13.2VDC theorectically [Mr. Chemist / Physics Teacher should tell you the same about Pb/PbO2-H2SO4 batteries]. In realit…
  2. Outdoors There is a dangerous design flaw in the DieHard Portable Power 1150. I have called six different numbers at Sears, including Customer Service, without finding anyone who could discuss the danger or tell me who I should call to discuss it. When the user energizes the USB charging port, they also energize the battery clamps. If I am charging a cell phone and someone touches the clamps, they could be severely injured. The USB port and the clamps should be controlled by separate switches. I should also have been able to discuss my concern with a knowledgeable person long before this.

As an electrical engineer with over 40 yrs of experience, I will tell you that your specific concern with someone touching the battery clamps accidentally or deliberately will NOT hurt him. The 12VDC…