Types of Badges

Community Manager Comm Mgr

Comm Mgr

Community managers take care of the entire community so we can enjoy it.
Moderator Moderator

Moderators are the good people who help get questions answered and make sure everyone follows the rules.
Expert Expert

Expert

Experts are the smart cookies who know a ton about products and answer questions.
Sears Cares Sears Cares

Sears Cares

People with this badge are trained customer care representatives who make sure you get help when you need it.
Associate Associate

Associate

Associates are actual employees of Sears Holding Corporation, but not part of the Community Team.
Vendor Vendor

Vendor

These are business partners of or suppliers to Sears Holdings Corporation.
Editor Editor

Editor

Editors are grammar gurus who create blogs and guides that you will enjoy.
Sr. Blogger Sr. Blogger

Sr. Blogger

Count on these topical wordsmiths to deliver blogs and guides that matter to you.
  1. Food & Cooking In Nov 2013, I purchased a Kenmore oven 790-48832901. After visits from two Sears repairmen, replaceing the Control Board and hours of trying, the oven does not bake correctly.

Hello how75, My apologies for misspelling your screen name. Again, thank you for the positive feedback. I have forwarded your post to your case manager Alicia and our management team. Thank you,…
  2. Food & Cooking In Nov 2013, I purchased a Kenmore oven 790-48832901. After visits from two Sears repairmen, replaceing the Control Board and hours of trying, the oven does not bake correctly.

Hello hoe75, Thank you for the positive feedback. I have forwarded your post to your case manager Alicia and our management team. Thank you, Dianne D. MySears Community Moderator
  3. Home & Family What Happened to the Craftsman Sockets on Sears.com??????

Hello GardenTractorMan, Thank for bringing this matter to our attention. This is something that concerns us and we would certainly like to contact our business partners and look into why you have n…
  4. Food & Cooking In Nov 2013, I purchased a Kenmore oven 790-48832901. After visits from two Sears repairmen, replaceing the Control Board and hours of trying, the oven does not bake correctly.

Dear how75, Your case manager has been trying to reach you by phone and the calls are being drop. Please check your email containing case manager response. Thank you, Dianne D. MySears Communi…
  5. Outdoors Let me make sure I understand. I take my mower for repairs and specifically list "oil leak" and loss of power. Your repair facility wipes the oil off, changes the spark plug and air filter and sends the mower back without even attempting to find the oil leak. I mow for 25 minutes and oil is again leaking down the sides and rear of my mower. I make a video showing the oil residue and oil standing on the mower deck in at least 2 different places and return the mower with a repair ticket that says only "oil leaks not addressed on previous work ticket #1917036". You repair facility has the mower for 7 more days and I get an email from you stating they could find no oil leak and were returning the mower AFTER DOING NOTHING! I request they clean the oil from the mower deck and air filter and run the mower for 30 minutes before it is returned. Then the "senior tech" claims he found an oil leak in the air filter gasket, replaced it and again sent the mower back WITHOUT EVEN TRYING to find the other oil leaks. After taking my mower home again and just a visual inspection, it is obvious your repair facility has again made no attempt to find the oil leak, since they haven't even cleaned the old oil and residue off, and again, after running the mower for 20 minutes, oil is running down the sides and rear of the engine. At this point it is very apparent your repair center is either absolutely incompetent OR they have no intention of honoring my protection agreement. I take the mower apart, find the VERY OBVIOUS oil leak, make another video to show your "highly trained" technicians where the oil is pouring out the top of the engine and send it in AGAIN for the same repairs that were supposed to have been done back in February. NOW after 2 opportunities and 10 days to do repairs, ON WHICH THEY REFUSED TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO FIND THE OIL LEAK, I'm going to be without my mower for another 2 weeks and NOW instead of replacing a mower with a MAJOR engine problem, your service advisor feels it's imperative to fix the problem that they NEVER would have looked for or found if I had not done my videos instead of replacing the faulty product. I do not feel this is the right decision nor do I have any faith that your repair center is capable of fixing something they could NOT EVEN FIND after 2 trips to their facility. At this point, after the hassle and frustration since February, and the incompetent and dishonest treatment from your repair center, who do I speak to about a FULL refund of the money spent on the “protection agreement “. It is NOT worth the paper it’s written on!!

Hello rogero51, We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your mower. I can see that this has been frustrating for you. We have received your email address and will have one of our …
  6. Food & Cooking In Nov 2013, I purchased a Kenmore oven 790-48832901. After visits from two Sears repairmen, replaceing the Control Board and hours of trying, the oven does not bake correctly.

Dear how75, We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. I will forward your post onto your case manager and request a follow up call rega…
  7. Food & Cooking I had a sears tech come out to repair a older Kenmore oven. The readout on the control board was going out. The tech came out and said , yes the control module needs to be replaced and that he would need order one( not sure they didn't bring one).. I told the tech that I have a new oven coming from Sears and this old one will be moved to another house. I told I would install the new module myself since it will be in a remote location( i'm an engineer) tech agreed .. New part came in and didn't work at all , I've been on the phone with sears for 3 days trying to get a replacement module with no luck. just going in circles

Hello gea, We apologize for the troubles you've experienced with getting a control module replacement part for your oven. I can see that this has been frustrating for you and would like to offer yo…
  8. Home & Family Got my delivery date wrong - and now there is absolutely no one to call except a call center in India that transferred me to another call center in India that cannot do a thing about it. No one to call to make this right. Stinks.

Hello Disappointed-in-CA, We apologize for the troubles you've experienced with your delivery date. I can see that this has been frustrating for you and would like to offer you our assistance. We w…
  9. Home & Family Posted my issue with a double charge on my credit card for a dryer, the double charge was because sears website cannot figure out which states should charge for installation. Called multiple times. A Sarah called to say that she called my local store who delivered my dryer as they are supposed to credit me and she would follow up. Big surprise still no credit or follow up. When I called again today , twice, one person just disconnect while on hold for 20 minutes, the next one first had the nerve to tell me to.call the store. I BOUGHT IT ONLINE WHY DO I HAVE TO CALL A STORE

Dear mdl96789, My apologies for my error. We have received your email address and will have a case manager contact you regarding this issue where your credit card was doubled charged when you order…
  10. Home & Family Posted my issue with a double charge on my credit card for a dryer, the double charge was because sears website cannot figure out which states should charge for installation. Called multiple times. A Sarah called to say that she called my local store who delivered my dryer as they are supposed to credit me and she would follow up. Big surprise still no credit or follow up. When I called again today , twice, one person just disconnect while on hold for 20 minutes, the next one first had the nerve to tell me to.call the store. I BOUGHT IT ONLINE WHY DO I HAVE TO CALL A STORE

Hello mdl96789, Thank for bringing this matter to our attention. This is something that concerns us and we would certainly like to contact our business partners to look into why you were doubled ch…
  11. Home & Family I purchased a front loader dryer from you and a warranty. I had service out yesterday to fix the problem that the tech blamed a clogged vent on me which I had cleaned a month ago. While he was here he bent the dryer lint catcher and I cannot get the lint catcher in now which led to an error code that I have never seen before. After looking online I see it's an air flow issue that's caused because the catcher doesn't go all the way in. I called service and after seeming concerned that they will have someone today she said "our first appointment is April 2nd" . I am furious with sears. I purchased all my appliances there and I won't be returning. I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back which I am doubtful will happen. My next step is the BBB. I will warn all I know to not use sears and post on all social media because this is a scam.

Hello Deb29, Thanks for taking time to post about how your dryer repair was handled. We take pride in providing excellent member services and it appears we missed the mark concerning your dryer rep…
  12. Home & Family Kenmore electric range, model 790, control panel burned out in less than 5 years

Hello trifled, Thank for bringing this matter to our attention. This is something that concerns us and we would certainly like to look speak to you about your stove. We would be happy to connect yo…
  13. Home & Family Kenmore electric range, model 790, control panel burned out in less than 5 years

Hello blumrmaid7, We are truly sorry to hear about all of the troubles that you are experiencing with your oven. I can certainly understand your frustration. As a valued Sears member, we would grea…
  14. Home & Family Dear Sears, This email is in regards to a number of Sears Home Service repairs to fix our Side-by-Side Refrigerator that has a problem with maintaining a cold temperature. We have been trying to get our large side-by-side built-in refrigerator fixed SINCE JANUARY. Since then, we have spent over $1000, purchased numerous parts that were told were needed (around 16 parts), scheduled countless number of appointments, experienced 2 no-shows by technicians, and at the end of the day, still have not gotten our fridge repaired. We have had about 4 service repairs, where each time the assigned Sears technician told us a different reason for our fridge not working. And each time, we ordered the part that the technician told us to, and after installation with the new part, the fridge still did not work. In January, at our first service appointment, we were told that there was a leak and that we must order 14 parts to replace/repair everything inside. Once we received all the parts (took a month longer than Sears told us it would, which meant we had to wait 1.5 months with a broken fridge) and the technician installed them, the fridge broke again after a few days. At the next appointment, the technician said the problem was the condenser. We ordered a new one. Another technician came in to replace with the new condenser, and the fridge broke again after a few days. At the next appointment, another technician said it was the coil. We ordered the coil, and have it now. Because of what we have experienced so far with Sears, we are wary to schedule another service. To make matters worse, we have had immense issues with the scheduling of appointments, specifically the length of time we have had to wait between appointments. There have been TWO appointments where the technicians were NO-SHOWS. There was no prior notice of cancellation, and we had confirmed the day before that the service was still scheduled. In fact, both times, I had called the customer service dept during the scheduled time and the representatives had told me that

Hello donnayoon, Thank you for taking time to inform us about your refrigerator. We take pride in providing excellent member services and it appears we missed the mark concerning your refrigerator r…
  15. Home & Family Charleston WV Sears Automotive Center

Hello ElLobo, We are sorry to hear about the difficulties with our auto center in regards to the service on your automobile. My name is Dianne with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happ…
More >