Types of Badges

Community Manager Comm Mgr

Comm Mgr

Community managers take care of the entire community so we can enjoy it.
Moderator Moderator

Moderators are the good people who help get questions answered and make sure everyone follows the rules.
Expert Expert

Expert

Experts are the smart cookies who know a ton about products and answer questions.
Sears Cares Sears Cares

Sears Cares

People with this badge are trained customer care representatives who make sure you get help when you need it.
Associate Associate

Associate

Associates are actual employees of Sears Holding Corporation, but not part of the Community Team.
Vendor Vendor

Vendor

These are business partners of or suppliers to Sears Holdings Corporation.
Editor Editor

Editor

Editors are grammar gurus who create blogs and guides that you will enjoy.
Sr. Blogger Sr. Blogger

Sr. Blogger

Count on these topical wordsmiths to deliver blogs and guides that matter to you.
  1. Food & Cooking Clean light keeps flashing on my Kenmore Elite dishwasher. Is there a filter that I can clean?

Hello snowldy16, the "Clean" light flashing usually indicates a failure with heating circuit or heating element. If the clean LED blinks 7 times and the dishwasher ceases to operate. A heater fault de…
  2. Home & Family Kenmore Elite He5T ongoing error code issues, when will it end?

Hello orsurfer, the F21 will display if the drain time exceeds eight minutes. If you hear the drain pump running, the drain pump filter could be restricted.The front lower access panel below the door …
  3. Home & Family Model #95014102 keeps showing E 1 F 5 when I try to self clean.

Hello 13Harry, that's great news. Sometimes it helps to push in on the top of the oven door with minimum force when the door lock motor is running. This will insure the latch does not bind on the door…
  4. Home & Family Model #95014102 keeps showing E 1 F 5 when I try to self clean.

Hello 13Harry, the E1/F5 fault code will display if the oven door is not latching. It could have a faulty door lock motor, oven door light switch or a faulty electronic oven control/clock assembly. …
  5. Home & Family I have a craftsman garage door opener. Recently all remotes stopped working. Replaced batteries and could not get them to program. Also tried programming home lim kit would not take this either. Went to second home and home link programmed first try. What would cause it to not accept any programming ? Help

Hello Lkostelaz, without knowing the model number of your your garage door opener I can only provide general information. First, make sure the wall control is not in a lock out mode preventing the rem…
  6. Home & Family How do I change the direction of the doors on the kenmore he2 washer and dryer?

Hello djrr, the door swing on the HE2 washer can't be reversed however the door swing on your matching dryer can be reversed. The instructions for reversing the door swing on the dryer will in your Us…
  7. Home & Family How to change code on a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener model # 41A3493-1?

Hello Tx_paesan, the light will not turn off. You do not need to attempt to push and hold the yellow button to clear the code. I you need to do is reprogram your remote(s). Press the yellow button and…
  8. Home & Family How to change code on a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener model # 41A3493-1?

Hello henod072, ask your neighnor to try clearing and reprogramming his garage door opener. If the problem can not be resolved, I suggest calling a service technician.
  9. Home & Family How to change code on a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener model # 41A3493-1?

Hello nailbender, I am sorry you are having this problem. The number you submitted is a part number of the logic board inside the power unit mounted to the ceiling. The model number should be located …
  10. Food & Cooking I just purchased a Kenmore Elite model 790.4107 and purchased the Gourmet Pack offer ..no instructions came..how does the electric griddle *** (p/n 316432200) work?

Hello Rbug5, You said it's an "electic griddel" but it does not require and voltage/electricity,the griddle simply just sits across a couple of the radiant burners on top of the range. Pre heat the gr…
  11. Food & Cooking I have a Kenmore 790 stove and the oven quit working this weekend.

Stiener49er, here is tech sheet for you dishwasher in PDF form. ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Kinston/154496701.pdf This will be helpful to you. And don't forget to to check the volta…
  12. Food & Cooking I have a Kenmore 790 stove and the oven quit working this weekend.

Thank you Steiner49er for adding the model number of your range. Ok, it's an electric range and the most likely failure is the electronic oven control. You can disconnect the power and then remove the…
  13. Food & Cooking I have a Kenmore 790 stove and the oven quit working this weekend.

Hello Steiner49er, I'm sorry to hear about your Kenmore range and dishwasher. If the range is gas, one of two possible failures has likely occurred. The bake glow bar igniter could be too weak to pull…
  14. Home & Family I have a two Craftsman Garage Door Openers with battery back-up. For some reason the light sensors on either will not work. They have worked in the past. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hello ThorouglyConfused, the IR wall control is temperature heat heat sensor. • If the light on the wall control is flashing all the time, check to see if the lock is activated. • Also check to …
  15. Home & Family I have a two Craftsman Garage Door Openers with battery back-up. For some reason the light sensors on either will not work. They have worked in the past. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hello ThoroughlyConfused, I will be happy to assist you but in order to provide model specific inforamtion and troubleshooting assistance,I will need to have the model number of the garage door opener…
  16. Home & Family I have a two Craftsman Garage Door Openers with battery back-up. For some reason the light sensors on either will not work. They have worked in the past. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hello ThoroughlyConfused, If I understand correctly, you have two (2) garage door openers and the door safety sensors have failed on both? That would be very unusual for both to fail at the same time …
More >