Types of Badges

Community Manager Comm Mgr

Comm Mgr

Community managers take care of the entire community so we can enjoy it.
Moderator Moderator

Moderators are the good people who help get questions answered and make sure everyone follows the rules.
Expert Expert

Expert

Experts are the smart cookies who know a ton about products and answer questions.
Sears Cares Sears Cares

Sears Cares

People with this badge are trained customer care representatives who make sure you get help when you need it.
Associate Associate

Associate

Associates are actual employees of Sears Holding Corporation, but not part of the Community Team.
Vendor Vendor

Vendor

These are business partners of or suppliers to Sears Holdings Corporation.
Editor Editor

Editor

Editors are grammar gurus who create blogs and guides that you will enjoy.
Sr. Blogger Sr. Blogger

Sr. Blogger

Count on these topical wordsmiths to deliver blogs and guides that matter to you.
  1. Outdoors I am writing in hopes that you will help me resolve a situation that is a very negative reflection of your company’s business practices. I have gotten nowhere with customer care and nowhere with your customer complaint department, so I am hoping to finally get to a resolution with you. I purchased my 2nd gas grill from Sear at an individual Sears Hardware Store in April 3 years ago. I had come to know and trust the store manager at that store because of prior purchases, including a prior gas grill I purchased. I was so disappointed when after 1 season the grill totally rusted out. I took the burners of the grill into the store with me to show the store manager. He told me that my problem would be solved if I purchased a new grill and bought a warranty to go with it. I did what he suggested and bought a nice new grill and a 1-year warranty. The manager and his top salesman proceeded to tell me how wonderful the warranty was. They said that in the spring when I uncovered the grill, all I needed to do was to call the serviceman and he would come out and replace ANYTHING that was not working or was rusted. They told me how they had done it themselves and had everything replaced with the warranty so that the grill would seem new again. They made such a big deal out of it that they told me I really should sign up for 3 years instead of 1 year. I needed to check with my husband before spending more. The manager gave me a short period of time in which I could return to the store to add the extra 2 years. I did return and paid more for 2 additional years on the warranty. After the winter was over, I took off my cover and called Sears. The repairman or center asked me what the problem was. When I told them there was rust everywhere, they said they didn’t cover rust! I was very upset and tried to call the store, but the store had closed! I called the manager of the Chesterfield Sears- the largest Sears around and asked the store manager if he knew where they had gone or what I should do. He gave me the Customer Care number where I had a terrible call with a woman who told me the warranty absolutely didn’t cover rust. She was so intent on being right that she didn’t even listen to my complaint. We have not been able to use our grill for most of the last 2 years. The photos above were taken today, but I also took some 2 years ago when I was refused a service call. I can locate them if I need to. I may have written to someone then- I just can’t remember. Yesterday, someone from Sears called me to renew my warranty. That woman got to hear an earful. She told me that you DID used to cover rust, but that your warranty had been changed. She gave me a place to call. I did that today and I have been told I should write to this email. I have no problem sending my email to the Sears Corporate Office, but I am trying to follow what I have been told first. This issue can be satisfied by giving me the parts needed for the interior of my gas grill. The entire inside has rusted as you will see in the enclosed photos. The outside looks good except for rusting on the rails (photo not included because of file size of this email.) I would expect a large company with the reputation Sears has to make good on what I was sold- even if the men involved had not kept up with changes in the warranty. If I looked online, how many others might I find who experienced the same thing? My husband and I own a real estate company and I am an officer of the 3rd largest real estate association in the country. I would think that you would care about the experience we would relate to everyone who brings up the name Sears. I can be reached at ***-***-****, my cell. My warranty expires on April 17th and I would like to get this resolved while I am still covered. I would really appreciate your help. Than you.

Dear StLRealtor, Please accept my apologies. I just realized that you included your phone number with your post. I have forwarded your contact information over to our Case Management Team for assig…
  2. Outdoors I am writing in hopes that you will help me resolve a situation that is a very negative reflection of your company’s business practices. I have gotten nowhere with customer care and nowhere with your customer complaint department, so I am hoping to finally get to a resolution with you. I purchased my 2nd gas grill from Sear at an individual Sears Hardware Store in April 3 years ago. I had come to know and trust the store manager at that store because of prior purchases, including a prior gas grill I purchased. I was so disappointed when after 1 season the grill totally rusted out. I took the burners of the grill into the store with me to show the store manager. He told me that my problem would be solved if I purchased a new grill and bought a warranty to go with it. I did what he suggested and bought a nice new grill and a 1-year warranty. The manager and his top salesman proceeded to tell me how wonderful the warranty was. They said that in the spring when I uncovered the grill, all I needed to do was to call the serviceman and he would come out and replace ANYTHING that was not working or was rusted. They told me how they had done it themselves and had everything replaced with the warranty so that the grill would seem new again. They made such a big deal out of it that they told me I really should sign up for 3 years instead of 1 year. I needed to check with my husband before spending more. The manager gave me a short period of time in which I could return to the store to add the extra 2 years. I did return and paid more for 2 additional years on the warranty. After the winter was over, I took off my cover and called Sears. The repairman or center asked me what the problem was. When I told them there was rust everywhere, they said they didn’t cover rust! I was very upset and tried to call the store, but the store had closed! I called the manager of the Chesterfield Sears- the largest Sears around and asked the store manager if he knew where they had gone or what I should do. He gave me the Customer Care number where I had a terrible call with a woman who told me the warranty absolutely didn’t cover rust. She was so intent on being right that she didn’t even listen to my complaint. We have not been able to use our grill for most of the last 2 years. The photos above were taken today, but I also took some 2 years ago when I was refused a service call. I can locate them if I need to. I may have written to someone then- I just can’t remember. Yesterday, someone from Sears called me to renew my warranty. That woman got to hear an earful. She told me that you DID used to cover rust, but that your warranty had been changed. She gave me a place to call. I did that today and I have been told I should write to this email. I have no problem sending my email to the Sears Corporate Office, but I am trying to follow what I have been told first. This issue can be satisfied by giving me the parts needed for the interior of my gas grill. The entire inside has rusted as you will see in the enclosed photos. The outside looks good except for rusting on the rails (photo not included because of file size of this email.) I would expect a large company with the reputation Sears has to make good on what I was sold- even if the men involved had not kept up with changes in the warranty. If I looked online, how many others might I find who experienced the same thing? My husband and I own a real estate company and I am an officer of the 3rd largest real estate association in the country. I would think that you would care about the experience we would relate to everyone who brings up the name Sears. I can be reached at ***-***-****, my cell. My warranty expires on April 17th and I would like to get this resolved while I am still covered. I would really appreciate your help. Than you.

Dear StLRealtor, My name is Susan with the Sears Cares escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle your issue with one dedicated case manager …
  3. Outdoors How do I go about getting in contact with the CEO regarding the replacement of a Lawn Mower that won't run and has already been repaired once yet still won't even start?

Hi Lawn14, Thank you for bringing the issue with your lawn mower to our attention. We're sorry that you've had so much difficulty receiving repairs for this mower. My name is Susan with the Sears C…
  4. Home & Family I want to know how I can get ahold of a competent person who can finally give me some answers and results to a major problem. I ordered a split queen box spring on March 22nd and received only one half of my box spring on March 27th. I then went to the store I called and ordered from to have to get someone paged 3 time and waiting 15 minutes for help. Once a person finally came they told me that they couldn't help me because Sears has a call center that takes calls if no one is on the floor. The lady at the call center only ordered me one half of my bed. Now who would ever order half of a box spring? I called back the call center to only get charged double the price and delivery charge. The salesperson at the store then took over and after a half hour of arguing and research got my price to the normal price but I still got charged for shipping. I was told there would be a credit on my visa as an apology. Now on my credit card there is a charge of 207.79 and no credit for a delivery charge. I was told I would get a confirmation and a survey to take and I have still yet to receive them. I called only to be told they couldn't credit my account so they will send a check. It took me calling to find out that information. I have been sleeping on the couch for the past week and will have to continue to sleep there until my other half arrives. I am extremely disappointed in my sears experience. I haven't used sears since I bought a lawn mower there and had to get repairs multiple times in the first few months. How is this going to be fixed?

Dear Michigan411, Thank you for bringing your mattress situation to our attention. My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues whic…
  5. Home & Family I would like to be contacted ASAP by the Sears Cares escalation team. I have been without a washer for a month despite having a Sears Maintenance agreement. Weeks of misinformation, rude representatives and non-answers have left me very angry. I can't get anybody at Sears to take charge or even give a consistent answer. HELP!

Hi NmInChicago, We are sincerely sorry for the difficulties you are having receiving repair for your washer. This is not the type of service that we expect our member's to receive or the type of s…
  6. Home & Family THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED !!!

Dear Deerboy72, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. This is not the type of service that we want our members to receive and not the type of service that Sears has long been known fo…
  7. Home & Family Really frustrated with kenmore dryer now on fourth repair and not three years old

Dear Gmmatthews, We have received your contact information and have forwarded it to our Case Management Team for assignment. You'll receive a call from a case manager within 24 hours. We value you…
  8. Home & Family I have some very serious concerns with my recent experience with Sears. First I was tricked into purchasing an extended protection plan for a washer that did not qualify. After being left in tears and made to feel stupid by the repair person, I gave up and when to Sears to pick out a new Washer and Dryer. There I was assured that the machine I was getting would work in my house. When the machines were delivered I was again made to feel stupid and told that they could not rearrange the machines like was promised, but that I would have to have a repair person from sears do that. After they left I realized the machines were not working well and they did not even bother to level them. I’ve since made several calls to sears only to given bad information, hung up on, or told an appointment was made that never was (this has happened twice). When a repair person final came to my house He only gave me 5 min warning, so I couldn’t make it… but I had someone close go over to let him in. He told that person that he couldn’t add a longer drain hose to the washer because it would void the warranty. I was told the next day by Sears Chat that adding the longer hose would not void the warranty. The machines are still not working well, so I gave up and tried to return them today, but was told by chat with Daniel Fisher that I would have to take them back to the store…..I’m so frustrated. I’ve called and spoke to two additional people at Sears and think I have an appointment to have the machines replaced, but I’m not sure that is actually going to happen, as I have tried this twice now, and the appointments I made mysteriously disappear. How can I make sure things are really going to be done right this time, and that I do not keep getting treated so badly by Sears?

Dear Ms. Vicki, Thank you for making us aware of your recent washer and dryer purchase. We'd like to speak with you regarding the sales tactics that were used that made you feel upset. In addition,…
  9. Home & Family Filing a Sears Complaint!!!

Dear Mllozier76, My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We're sorry that your washer stopped working on 2/24/14 and would be more than happy to speak with you regarding possible op…
  10. Home & Family Where can I find the contact information for Edward Lampert (CEO) of Sears to send him information about a bad delivery experience?

Dear RobbedBYSEARS!, We'd like to thank you for making us aware of the multiple issues surrounding your washer repair and also would like to apologize for the confusion and mistakes made during thi…
  11. Home & Family purchased new refrigerator 02/20/14 has not worked since..am getting run around by service dept..schedule 6 days before can come out.....WHY SINCE THIS IS BRANDE NEW..SHOULDNT THIS BE A PRIORITY???? AND DOING WITHOUT A REFRIGERATOR SINCE FEB 20TH AND NOW 6 MORE DAYS?

Hi 52945, Thank you for providing feedback on your refrigerator issue and the progress of your case with us. In researching your case, I see that your case manager attempted to reach you and did l…
  12. Food & Cooking The oven racks in Kenmore Elite (Model 790.31043302) Fall Down and have caused burns?

Todd1235, Thank you for taking time to post about your range issue again. In reviewing your case I see that your case manager has sent our business partners in Canada an email regarding your range…
  13. Home & Family where can i complain about the repair services offered by sears?

johnmuzzy10, Thank you for posting about your garage door repair issue. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and services and it seems we've let you down in this instance. We'd like to of…
  14. Home & Family Does Sears consumers know that Sears will not take responsibility for floor damages while installing your dishwasher?

jsimms1983, I can certainly see from your posts that this has been an upsetting situation for you and your family. I've forwarded our posts to your case manager and asked that they contact you as …
  15. Home & Family where can i complain about the repair services offered by sears?

Hi melissamck, Thank you for bringing your washer repair issue to our attention. We understand your frustration with our technician not coming to your door directly to make sure you were home and f…
  16. Home & Family Who can help resolve a delivery issue when the customer care center staff are ineffective (to be kind)?

Hi slate61, Thank you for bringing your refrigerator delivery issue to our attention. My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We're truly sorry to hear that you've had so many resch…
  17. Home & Family I am looking for information about receiving a refund for a Sears Portrait Studio Gift Certificate. Can you tell me who to contact?

Dear nnugen1, Sorry to hear that you haven't received your refund for your portrait studio purchase. My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We'd be more than happy to look into you…
  18. Home & Family where can i complain about the repair services offered by sears?

Dear Lasalle91, Thank you for bringing your service issue to our attention. This is not the type of service that Sears has long been known for or the type of service we want our member's to receive…
More >