• 1 answer
    • 1 post
    • 0 comments
    • 0 reviews
  1. Home & Family My refrigerator died the other day and the service technician came out and checked it. He said that these newer units are not built well and don't last long. He had to order a dye dryer which will take a week to get. Then he will weld in on to check for leaks. This will take another week and then if he can't find the leak it could take another week or two to get the parts to replace the whole system or then maybe we can get a replacement unit. Meanwhile I can either rent a refrigerator for which I have no place to put (Sears will reimburse the rental fee) or I can buy a $100.00 unit (Sears will reimburse for this as well). The problem is we have 5 people (adults and children) living here and the small unit will not suffice. I can understand a week for parts but 2 to 4 weeks is a bit much. This unit is not that old and we think it should just be replaced. The customer service people say that the service department would have to make that call. We are very frustrated with this situation. Is there anything that can be done to rectify this situation sooner?