Types of Badges

Community Manager Comm Mgr

Comm Mgr

Community managers take care of the entire community so we can enjoy it.
Moderator Moderator

Moderators are the good people who help get questions answered and make sure everyone follows the rules.
Expert Expert

Expert

Experts are the smart cookies who know a ton about products and answer questions.
Sears Cares Sears Cares

Sears Cares

People with this badge are trained customer care representatives who make sure you get help when you need it.
Associate Associate

Associate

Associates are actual employees of Sears Holding Corporation, but not part of the Community Team.
Vendor Vendor

Vendor

These are business partners of or suppliers to Sears Holdings Corporation.
Editor Editor

Editor

Editors are grammar gurus who create blogs and guides that you will enjoy.
Sr. Blogger Sr. Blogger

Sr. Blogger

Count on these topical wordsmiths to deliver blogs and guides that matter to you.
  1. Home & Family I have a kenmore he4 dryer and the control panel will not light up?

Hi CoachA, you may want to test the door switch because the interior light is not coming on and a bad door switch will stop operation as well. With the dryer in standby mode (no lights in display plug…
  2. Home & Family How to reset the keypad code on a Craftsman 41s3066 garage door

Hi Sifuhall, the SRT button will be on the GDO back side near where the wires connect. If you cannot find the control area please reply with the model number off the GDO itself, the number you provide…
  3. Home & Family I have a 1/2 hp craftsman garage door. I need help troubleshooting...My door opens fine but when you go to close it it will go down a couple inches and go back up. It doesn't go down smoothly, it jerks. I checked sensors one glows yellow and the receiving glows green. Does this sound right. What could be the problem?

Hello handygirl55, based on the description I think there may be sunlight interference, try reversing the sensors, the sensors may be faulty or the logic board may need replacing.( Yes, both lights sh…
  4. Home & Family How to change code on a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener model # 41A3493-1?

Hello roscoeguys, unfortunately I will need the model number off the Garage Door opener you want to program the remotes to. IF I understand correctly the remotes you presently have is # 139.53879 a th…
  5. Home & Family I have a kenmore washer, model number 417.44042400. How do you set the load size? I just ran it and it doesn't seem like there was near enough water.

Hello Kral, this model washer does not have any load size adjustment as the washer will determine the load size and automatically regulate water supply accordingly. Visit your owner's manual section a…
  6. Home & Family Kenmore 800 washer - no cold water on rinse cycle

Hello jobber, based on your description of not getting any cold water in any cycle I would suspect the inlet valve to be the issue. On next attempt listen for a buzzing sound when the washer should be…
  7. Home & Family I have a Kenmore electric stove the element light stays on?

Hi jdk6166, The pilot light is controlled by the infinite switch. Replacing the infinite switch will resolve the issue unless there are wiring issues such as a grounded wire in the console area.You ca…
  8. Home & Family Kenmore electric range, model 790, control panel burned out in less than 5 years

Hello tweetyzmo, sorry you have experienced a problem with your range. The technician will be able to determine why your oven malfunctioned and help you resolve the issue. Your range/oven is designed …
  9. Home & Family The light of my 1.5 year old Kenmore refrigerator is not going on when we open the door. If I hold the latch by the door, then the light goes on. The model number is 795.78093.901 can you give me a ballparkfigure of how much will this cost to fix?

Hi briley27, sorry you are having this issue with the light switch, based on your description it sounds like a bad door/light switch. If you feel this is a defective part I would suggest contacting Se…
  10. Home & Family The light of my 1.5 year old Kenmore refrigerator is not going on when we open the door. If I hold the latch by the door, then the light goes on. The model number is 795.78093.901 can you give me a ballparkfigure of how much will this cost to fix?

Hello briley27, sorry you are having a problem with the light switch in your Kenmore refrigerator. Keep in mind that the light switch is activated every time the door is opened and will be one of the …
  11. Home & Family The light of my 1.5 year old Kenmore refrigerator is not going on when we open the door. If I hold the latch by the door, then the light goes on. The model number is 795.78093.901 can you give me a ballparkfigure of how much will this cost to fix?

Hello Incachief, sorry you are having a problem with the light switch in your Kenmore refrigerator. Keep in mind that the light switch is activated every time the door is opened and will be one of the…
  12. Home & Family My craftsman garage door opener will not close with remote, only if I hold wall button down. Light blinks ten times whats wrong?

Hi remotenot, based on your descriptions it does sound like the logic board could be the issue. You can find the part and order it from our Sears Parts Direct site; you will need the complete model nu…
  13. Outdoors My name is Bob from NJ, and i have a Game Fisher 9.9 outboard motor which I am having a hard time finding sparks plugs. The plug I have is Auto Lite 86. Can u help

Hi Bob here is what I am able to find, without the complete model number or horsepower of the engine. A common spark plug for the marine engines is Champion L82YC Take a look at this one or have it…
  14. Home & Family I have a craftman garage door opener model 139.53930d. I need to change the code, it opens my neighbors garage. I have cleared and reprogrammed the remote as instructed 3 times. It still opens my neighbors garage

Hi DJ99 , yes you can try a foil barrier while programming. The only other option would be to have the neighbors unit disconnected while you reprogram yours. Thanks Ron H.
  15. Outdoors I have a craftsman 21 h.p. platinum engine,not a v-twin,with an oil filter. The owners manual says the oil capacity should be 56 oz.,but after doing an oil change with new filter 33oz. of oil shows a full mark on the dipstick,don't want to over fill .Any suggestions?

Hello Dannyboy, it would be quite helpful for you could provide the actual model number of the tractor. With the model number we may be able to view the manual and determine if there has been a revisi…
  16. Food & Cooking I have a Kenmore electric range model 790.9537 and the left front element is not turning on, how can I fix it?

Hello and sorry your range burner is not working. The cause of this could be the burner control, wiring or the burner itself. You can unplug power from the range and inspect wires in the console and …
  17. Home & Family I just replaced my water filter 9690 on my Kenmore Elite but water won't come out. I hit the filter reset button. Help please!

Hi Sara KK, after replacing the filter you will need to purge the air from the system, hold the water button or cradel arm down 15 seconds at a time (on 15 sec. off15 sec. ) Untill water starts to flo…
  18. Home & Family I have Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator ( model # 795.78764.800) 2008. Without any warning the ice maker stopped making ice cubes nor is it dispensing water when requested. The water supply valve is open. What is the problem?

Thanks for your reply, to test the valve first access the valve, with door closed check for 115 v ac to the blue and red wires on the solenoid. If you have proper voltage and no water flow the dispens…
  19. Home & Family I have Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator ( model # 795.78764.800) 2008. Without any warning the ice maker stopped making ice cubes nor is it dispensing water when requested. The water supply valve is open. What is the problem?

Thanks for the question about your refrigerator model 795.78764…, I will be glad to assist you. Based on your description of the ice maker not producing and no water through the door here are a co…
More >