About markexpert

I first started at Sears as a Lawn and Garden technician when I was in high school. I have been with the company for 18 years. The first 15 years I was an in-home service technician. I am trained to repair everything we sell except for home electronics. The last three years I have been in the product knowledge group helping in-home technicians and customers diagnose and repair products. I enjoy helping others repair their products because I know how good it feels to repair something yourself. Professional degrees & certifications: I have multiple certificates of completion in appliance repair, small engines, mechanical repair, and electrical circuit diagnostics. In 2002 I became certified in refrigeration handling. I also attend all factory update training Sears offers.

Types of Badges

Community Manager Comm Mgr

Comm Mgr

Community managers take care of the entire community so we can enjoy it.
Moderator Moderator

Moderators are the good people who help get questions answered and make sure everyone follows the rules.
Expert Expert

Expert

Experts are the smart cookies who know a ton about products and answer questions.
Sears Cares Sears Cares

Sears Cares

People with this badge are trained customer care representatives who make sure you get help when you need it.
Associate Associate

Associate

Associates are actual employees of Sears Holding Corporation, but not part of the Community Team.
Vendor Vendor

Vendor

These are business partners of or suppliers to Sears Holdings Corporation.
Editor Editor

Editor

Editors are grammar gurus who create blogs and guides that you will enjoy.
Sr. Blogger Sr. Blogger

Sr. Blogger

Count on these topical wordsmiths to deliver blogs and guides that matter to you.
  1. Outdoors i have a craftsman garage door with a wireless keypad and a couple remotes. right now it is not currently working. i will reprogram it with a new code and it will work once then it goes back to not working with the keypd or the remote opener either.

geoffsoof, I am sorry you are having this problem. Based on the details you submitted I recommend clearing all of the stored codes in the logic board. First locate and hold the learn button down unti…
  2. Home & Family How to change code on a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener model # 41A3493-1?

tddt, I am sorry you are having this problem. The number you submitted is a part number on the opener. The model number should be located on the side of the power head or on one of the ends. You may …
  3. Home & Family How do you remove the pedestal drawer from a Kenmore elite washer?

Thank you for your question. The drawers on some of the pedestals can be tricky to remove. If the drawer will not completely out it has some kind of lock. Most of them have a lock on each side. To rem…
  4. Home & Family I have a Craftsman 1/2 model 41A5021-38 how do i change the password.

I would expect the model number to start with a 139. To change the code start by locating the Learn button on the side or back of the opener. Press and release the Learn button and the LED should illu…
  5. Home & Family My stackable kenmore washer needs to be replaced. My kenmore dryer is in perfect running condition but I'm being told I need to purchase a brand new set to make it stack once again. Does anyone know a washer model that will be compatible with my kenmore elite dryer? So I can avoid having to purchase a brand new set

I am sorry to hear it is time to replace the washer. Depending on the age and make of the pair, the dryer may not match a new washer. If you could please post the model number of the washer and dryer,…
  6. Outdoors How to repair Craftsman Lawn mover pull cord?

I am sorry you are having a problem with the mower. To replace the starter rope on this engine you will need to remove the blower housing from the top of the engine. Once it is removed, you can remove…
  7. Outdoors I couldn't start my craftsman 24

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are having a problem with the mower. If the engine does not start, you need to determine what is causing the problem. The engine need three things to s…
  8. Home & Family My craftsman garage remotes and number pad have stopped working. I changed batteries in all three. Now they only work occasionally. Any suggestions?

Coke13, I am sorry you are having a problem with the opener. If the remotes only work sometimes, I suspect there is an interference problem. I recommend trying a remote right under the opener. If i…
  9. Outdoors How much is a craftsman lawn tractor model 917.28722 worth

I looked up the model number you submitted. This is a 2007 model that sold for $1499.00 on sale. I looked on Craig's list for similar tractors. Most of them are priced right around $600.00. I recommen…
  10. Outdoors I bought a mulcher kit for a 46 inch cutting deck on my craftsman lawn mower and the blades and plug do not fit.

HAWK1946, I am sorry you are having a problem with the mulch kit. We offer two different mulch kits. Each one fits a different model tractor. If the mandrel shaft on yours has a 6 pointed star you …
  11. Home & Family I just bought a sears socket set the one where the socket allows the bolt to pass throught it the problemis I put a socket on the 3 inch extension and cannot detach it after use. There is no button to puch they just slide together how do I seperate the socket from the extension ?

Thank you for posting the stock numbers. These sockets are secured with a ring that fits in a groove. Because the sockets are new, the edges of the grooves hold really good. If you did not have any lu…
  12. Health & Fitness My Proform XP 115 elliptical is rattling.

AntiqueButFit, I am sorry you are having this problem. If the unit is making noise on the down stroke, I recommend checking the crank arms on each side. It looks like this model has covers in the c…
  13. Home & Family I just bought a sears socket set the one where the socket allows the bolt to pass throught it the problemis I put a socket on the 3 inch extension and cannot detach it after use. There is no button to puch they just slide together how do I seperate the socket from the extension ?

Scampanella, I am sorry you having a problem with the socket and extension. If the extension does not have a release button on it, it should just pull off. I know some of them can be a bear to remo…
  14. Outdoors In the spring of this year I purchased a battery powered weed trimmer as a promotion with my new lawn mower, order #478333421. First problem, the lawn mower had to be returned cause the motor wouldn't start. Now I have this problem, the trimmer won't start even with a fresh battery.

ed_joy, I am sorry you are having a problem with the trimmer. If the trimmer will not turn on, I recommend checking the battery first. Make sure it fully charged and it is properly installed. You p…
  15. Outdoors how do i change code on outdoor remote control for a craftsman garage door opener 139.536156sr

I will be happy to assist you with programing the keyless entry on the opener. On the unit control board, you should see a button next to a small light. This button it the learn button. To program the…
  16. Outdoors My lawn tractor model 917.28852 deck is too low. How can I raise the whole deck?

Hefted, I am sorry you are having a problem with the mower deck. If the mower deck is not at least 4 inches high in the number 6 position there is something out of wack. We will start with the basics…
  17. Home & Family My Kenmore washer frequently says "uneven load" and I cannot finish a load of laundry. Who doI call?

Byrdy, I am sorry you are having a problem with the washer. If the washer will not complete a load of about 8 towels loaded per the instructions in the manual there is a problem with the washer. I r…
  18. Outdoors I have a 917.370441 lawn mower. When it gets hot it will not start. Is this a manufacture's defect? Should I get my money back?

poegm, I am sorry you are having a problem with the new mower. The engine on this mower has an automatic choke. Once you start the engine, the muffler heats up a thermostat. The thermostat has a le…
More >