• 0 answers
    • 1 post
    • 0 comments
    • 0 reviews
  1. Health & Fitness On 11/7/2013 I had 2 Sears men deliver my new NordicTrack treadmill. I explained to the one delivery man that it would be best if he went through the garage door & take the treadmill out of the box & that he might want to remove the door to the house. I told him that routinely when guys come to deliver larger items to my lower side of my home they go through the garage instead of the front door. He told me that he was not "Paid by the hour but by the delivery & he didn't have time to do all that & he was going to do it his way." So, he proceeded to bring the treadmill in his way & managed to get it wedged in the entry way of the laundry room & hallway, as they kept pushing the box they scraped the woodwork in the laundry room & the wall in the hall, then find pushed it hard enough to get the box unstuck and then the box when sliding down the stairs into my den. I called Sears delivery immediately & reported the incidence. I did take pictures of the areas that were damaged. The one delivery guys came upstairs & let me know they he knew I reported the incidence & that he too needed to take pictures. He then started taking pictures all over my home stated that he wanted to show that other walls in my home had scraped & that the scrapes & he wanted to show his boss that my others walls had damage too. I told him that didn't have anything to do with what he had done & he claimed that he was just proving with the other scrapes that I was making false claims to damage that has already been done. I explained to him that the 2 areas that I was talking about were done by them because you could see the fresh paint & drywall chips that were on the floors next to those 2 areas. He started going around my home taking pictures in other rooms of my home I ask him to stick to taking pictures of those two areas & told him he was photographing my home without my permission & I was going to start to video him because he was getting angry & inside I have to say he was scaring me. I told all this to the person on the phone & they just said someone will contact me within 72 hours & to call back & get a claim number later. After the treadmill was assembled it didn't work so I called the guys asked to use my phone so he could call a tech to get help to fix the treadmill & then handed me the phone to talk to the tech. The tech then gave me a phone number to call another tech & then that tech was then called who was from NordicTrack & then asked to speak with the guy who assembled the treadmill I told him that he had already left & he said he shouldn't have left until they trouble shoot the treadmill. Then the guy from NordicTrack proceeded to tell me that I needed to get tools & remove the hood of the treadmill I told him that I was in no way mechanically incline & really wasn't able to do this & he said this had to be done so he could figure out what was wrong so he could tell the tech what to fix. I explained to him that I had paid for delivery, assembly & warranty so now why am I disassembling this treadmill when that what the tech is supposed to do. He said the tech can't come out until they know what is wrong. I try to disassemble the hood that he was asking me to do but I finally had to that I was able to complete the task he was asking me to do so he ordered a part & will be sending a tech out to install it. This is one of the worst experiences of my life. Please have an English speaking American contact me I am sure I left many points out of this complaint.