3 Great Super Bowl Dip Recipes
Almost as important as the game is the Super Bowl party food. Football fans will inhale these three super Super Bowl dips.
Super Bowl Bacon-Cheese Dip
Add this crowd pleaser to your Super Bowl recipes file.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dry or prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 round of bread such as rye, top and center removed
- Cook bacon over high heat until crisp. Crumble and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, stir flour into pan drippings, add the milk and garlic, and stir until smooth. Cook on high three to four minutes until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently. Discard the garlic.
- Stir cheeses into the milk mixture and cook over medium heat four to six minutes until smooth.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and reserved bacon crumbles. Mixture will continue to thicken as it stands. (To reheat or thin slightly, warm mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently.)
- To serve, pour into the center of the round of bread. Cut up the leftover bread into bite-sized pieces to serve along with cut-up vegetables and chips.
Hot Artichoke Touchdown Dip
This one is another keeper for your Super Bowl dip recipes file.
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Stir all ingredients together until well mixed. Bake in oven-proof dish at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Shrimp Quarterback Dip
Even arm-chair quarterbacks deserve a special Super Bowl dip of their own.
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, finely chopped
Stir all ingredients until well mixed. Cover and chill 1-2 hours in the refrigerator and serve with crackers.