How to Bake the Perfect Pumpkin Pie

pumpkin pieby Diane Quinn

A traditional holiday meal almost always includes a pumpkin pie. Don’t let the word “pie” intimidate your culinary skills. It isn’t as difficult as you might think to learn how to make the perfect pumpkin pie. You’ll have no trouble finding lots of Thanksgiving pie recipes in cooking magazines, but you won’t find this one. It lowers the spicy punch of other traditional pumpkin pie recipes while adding delicious creamy flavor.

Pumpkin pie recipe ingredients

• 9-inch frozen pie shell, defrosted
  • 1 15-oz. can of pumpkin
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1-1/2 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1-12-oz. can evaporated milk

Directions

Going down the list, combine all the ingredients together, mixing thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a pie pan covered with your defrosted pumpkin pie crust. Sprinkle the top with a little extra cinnamon for color. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 45 minutes. To be sure the pie filling is done, a thin knife inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool on a wire rack for two hours before serving or refrigerate to serve later. For an added touch of deliciousness, serve it with whipped cream.

Do you have a favorite holiday pie recipe you’d like to share with the community? Add it in the comments section below.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. Pumpkin Pie is my favorite! I'm going to try this recipe! I like to make Chex Mix over the Holidays!

About

The Community Blog is a place where you can discover countless posts about the things that interest you. So go ahead.

Explore. Comment. Repeat.