Ask an Expert : Appliance Repair

• Bad Kenmore Refrigerator

• I purchased a Kenmore based on talk of reliability and quality. This is definitely not a quality product.

The inconvenience of setting up two refrigerators so far, combined with the poor performance of both units is completely unacceptable. The 20 year old refrigerator I replaced was far more reliable than this.

Timeline of this fiasco:

• August 16, 2013

o Ordered (#546311962), received in a timely fashion although delivery personnel were significantly late, and even unable to hook up the water line for the icemaker.

o Discovered freezer to be riddled with frost, called for service. Service personnel indicated we needed approximately four parts. We decided this was unacceptable for a new unit, contacted Sears Customer service and stated we wanted it out and a new unit delivered.

o The woman who answered this call indicated she would email a gift certificate for our trouble. She must have said this just to get me off the phone because a month later I had to call back and inquire as to its whereabouts. It had never been sent to me. Nice.

• September 5, 2013

o New unit delivered and set up.

o Within a matter of weeks it was apparent that the same problem with frost in the freezer was occurring. We called yet again for service. Service personnel found something on rear of unit that was punctured during delivery and could be causing the frost build up. He repaired it onsite.

• Now

o We have monitored this unit since that service visit, and no matter what changes we make, this piece of equipment is quite simply incapable of remaining frost free. And to top things off we hear unbelievable loud creaking noises when the ice maker operates. We assume the cause is the coating of ice on everything inside.

At this time I want to know if you are willing to resolve this issue, and how; either via a free upgrade to a better and consumer-approved model; or if we must have this removed from our home for a full refund. Either way I would feel like Sears was a decent business if I could even GET a response! I cannot deal with the inadequacy of this for the upcoming 20 years. I’ve emailed you via Sears.com twice in the past two week and have received not even a confirmation of receipt. What terrible customer care!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

We appreciate you joining the MySears Forum and sharing your feedback with us in regards to the issues with your refrigerator.

These issues are important to us and we thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they may contact you to discuss this issue with you further.

Please know that once one of our team members responds I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back to your thread for further contact.

Thank you!

Hello Mskacy,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We thank you for posting about this issue in regards to your refrigerator. We can truly understand how discouraging this situation has been for you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and discuss available options to help resolve this matter. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (mskacy), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

Are there really case managers? All we get with our fridge is the run around and are told over and over that no managers are available (in Orlando, Chicago, Texas and Phil.). When we are promised a manager will call back no one does (I am talking to you Texas!).

Forums Ask an Expert Appliance Repair Bad Kenmore Refriger...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in