Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• BEWARE OF THIS SITE AND KENMORE PRODUCTS

• Kenmore Elite Oven 4 years old, no warranty, oven racks are falling. I found this site by googling the problem. I added my complaint on this site. A case was opened. Case #1960354 and a case manager, Sandra was assigned. The first call produced a visit from a Kenmore repair man, at no cost, who gave us a $600.00 estimate to fix the problem. The problem is caused by the inside of the oven bows out causing the oven racks to fall down when placing any weight on them. Called Sandra and advised her of the estimate and also the fact that I think this is a defect and I should not be responsible for the cost of repairing it. After much negotiating she said they would cover 50% of the labor and parts, which I clearly stated would then be $300.00 and she agreed. However, I still wanted to pursue this as a defect. Sandra advised me that Fridgidaire is the manufacturer and is responsible for defects and provided the phone number for Fridgidaire.
    Of course, when I called Fridgidaire they advised that once the product has the Kenmore name they accept all responsibility and gave me Sears phone number.
    Called Sandra again left voicemail that I need to speak to someone who has accurate information regarding this product and who is responsible. No return call.
    Made several more calls also using the emergency number. Last week, I called the emergency number again and explained that Sandra has not returned my phone calls. I offered to stay on hold, which I was told was not allowed. The person I spoke to said Sandra could not come to the phone but would fix the oven for 25%off repair or 20%off a new oven. Of course, this is half of what was first offered. I asked for a supervisor, none available. This person said a supervisor would call me back by the end of the day. I asked for the supervisor name and was told not allowed to give it out. No call was ever received My husband called and left his cell phone number, no call returned until today, more than a week later.

Today Sandra called and stated the offer was now 20% off repair or purchase of a new appliance.
    She said there is no documentation of 50% offer. Funny, I thought they recorded all phone calls?
    Would not be too hard to find that recording. Regardless of how much we are offered off, we are not paying to repair this. It is obviously a defect and we will continue to purse that thru the government site. I would encourage all others having the problem to also do so.

We now know that KENMORE does not stand behind their products and will not be purchasing anymore.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on the issues you are having with your Kenmore Elite oven.

Your concerns are important to us and have been escalated to our Sears Cares team for contact on helping to resolve this issue.

One of our Sears Cares members will be responding and requesting that you directly contact them at a provided email that they will provide. Once a response is posted, I will notify you via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Thank you!

tbruestle,

We’re sorry that we were not able to come to an understanding regarding our offer of assistance. We will make sure to forward your post to your case manager for you. If you change your mind and would like to accept our assistance, please contact your case manager directly.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

The 2 responses to my post do not make sense. WendyFD2 states that I would be contacted directly and provided an email. Is David W the contact?? His email basically says if I want to accept the offer please contact my case manager directly? Hopefully, this is not the escalation that Wendy was referencing. I am totally confused as to what this site is really for. From the posts I have read it does not appear that customers are getting much satisfaction here. For instance, there are multiple posts regarding the same issue as mine and results are the same. No call backs and Sears not accepting responsibility for their products.

Tbruestle,
    We thank you for posting about your concerns. Per our records, your case manager has provided you with a couple of options available to assist you. We will forward your post over to your case manager for review. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

Liz R.
    Thank you for the response. Yes, Sandra, did leave a voicemail last week. Yet again, the offer has changed. Now from what I heard it is back to the original 50% off the parts and repair. However, since according to Sandra there is no documentation of offers, who knows. In the voicemail Sandra also left comments on the voicemail that were the furthest thing from custom support. Obviously, I have had phone calls, but they have not been timely and the information changes on each call. I have requested this to be escalated, above Sandra and it has not. Therefore, I will continue to pursue this by filing a report with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and hope others will do the same. The website to do so is http://www.saferproducts.gov.
    I do feel this is a safety hazard and would like to help other avoid purchasing this product and getting harmed.
    As per several conversations with Sandra if I spend even $300, which is 50% of the original estimate Sears cannot guarantee that this will not happen again.

you are not the only one. There is no chance this letter ever reaches anyone of importance’s desk but I feel like I must share my story…

Mr. Edward Lampert
    CEO
    Sears Holdings
    3333 Beverly Road
    Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
    Dear Mr. Lampert:
    I have never even attempted to write such a letter to the head of a major corporation such as yourself but I felt it was necessary in this case regarding the service I received when returning my Kenmore Elite washer and dryer that I purchased from Sears in Lakeland, FL. I have my doubts this will ever reach your desk but this is necessary to share.
    I would like to start off by saying my in-store purchasing experience was very positive. Pete, the sales associate, was very professional and answered all my questions. The problem is not that I was unsatisfied with the products, it happens, but trying to return the products became a frustrating experience I would not wish upon anyone.
    On December 19, 2013 I contacted the customer service hotline and expressed why I wanted to return the washer and dryer. They scheduled the pick up and arrived on time the morning of December 21, 2013. Unfortunately the pick up company only had paper work for the washer and would not take the dryer as well. I immediately contacted the customer service department again while the driver was still at my home and explained the problem. The lady insisted that I only said to pick up the washer and proceeded to tell me that I was wrong. I asked to speak to the manager on duty but she returned to the phone line multiple times saying they were unavailable, and on my forth attempt asking for a manager she hung up on me all together. After calling back and speaking to two different people, one saying they were the manager, I was scheduled to have both items picked up the following day even though the driver that morning told me he would be able to comeback that afternoon if I straightened it out with Sears. I doubt anyone from customer service contacted the delivery team to see what they could do. At that point I was frustrated and did not want to make any more calls.
    I received a phone call that night scheduling the pickup and no less than 10 minutes later received another phone call (all automated) saying the pickup was cancelled. I immediately called the hotline again and the person I spoke with said there was a mistake and they were still scheduled to pick up both the washer and dryer on Sunday, December 22, 2013. I called Sears Customer service again on Sunday morning and the person said everything was scheduled and confirmed it was for both the washer and dryer. I made sure on every call I made to clarify that it was for both the washer and dryer.
    The drivers arrived 1 hour late, but I even understand that things happen with deliveries and pick up’s. The driver informs me at that time that he only has paperwork to pick up the washer. Fortunately, the driver was very professional and understood the issue and agreed to take both as long as I called his company and explained the situation. On that phone call they informed me there was a pick up for the dryer schedule on December 24th. I cannot understand that. At no point during any of my calls did we discuss a Christmas Eve pick up.
    Then on December 28th I received a partial refund of $802.49. This is not even half of the total cost. Again, I have to call customer service and they tell me I have to call the store. I call the store and the store employee tells me that they only show a dryer being returned and only the delivery company can issue a refund anyways. How is it possible they showed only a dryer was returned after all the paperwork apparently only showed only a washer was to be returned? After several more attempts to reach someone in customer service that can help or provide the number to the delivery service so I can work on my refund I finally received help for the store manager in Lakeland.
    Chuck, at store #01955, asked me about the situation and the details of what I have received and what was still needed. Chuck then called the delivery service himself and had everything straightened out within 10 minutes and called me back with the good news. I am sure that I would still be calling customer service about my refund if it were not for Chuck.
    As a sales professional that relies on customer service myself to help customers with any problems or orders, I am amazed by the lack of professionalism and pure ability to do a simple job by the entire Sears Customer Service hotline. Their number one goal was to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. They would say anything to have me hang up including promising a $100 gift card for use towards purchasing a new washer and dryer set. I urge you to put a little more emphasis on customer service outside of the store. Obviously it is more important to make sure the purchasing experience is ideal and that is why the in-store staff is very good. But the follow up on orders and service should be top notch as well.

Sincerely,
    Michael

you are not the only one. There is no chance this letter ever reaches anyone of importance’s desk but I feel like I must share my story…

Mr. Edward Lampert
    CEO
    Sears Holdings
    3333 Beverly Road
    Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
    Dear Mr. Lampert:
    I have never even attempted to write such a letter to the head of a major corporation such as yourself but I felt it was necessary in this case regarding the service I received when returning my Kenmore Elite washer and dryer that I purchased from Sears in Lakeland, FL. I have my doubts this will ever reach your desk but this is necessary to share.
    I would like to start off by saying my in-store purchasing experience was very positive. Pete, the sales associate, was very professional and answered all my questions. The problem is not that I was unsatisfied with the products, it happens, but trying to return the products became a frustrating experience I would not wish upon anyone.
    On December 19, 2013 I contacted the customer service hotline and expressed why I wanted to return the washer and dryer. They scheduled the pick up and arrived on time the morning of December 21, 2013. Unfortunately the pick up company only had paper work for the washer and would not take the dryer as well. I immediately contacted the customer service department again while the driver was still at my home and explained the problem. The lady insisted that I only said to pick up the washer and proceeded to tell me that I was wrong. I asked to speak to the manager on duty but she returned to the phone line multiple times saying they were unavailable, and on my forth attempt asking for a manager she hung up on me all together. After calling back and speaking to two different people, one saying they were the manager, I was scheduled to have both items picked up the following day even though the driver that morning told me he would be able to comeback that afternoon if I straightened it out with Sears. I doubt anyone from customer service contacted the delivery team to see what they could do. At that point I was frustrated and did not want to make any more calls.
    I received a phone call that night scheduling the pickup and no less than 10 minutes later received another phone call (all automated) saying the pickup was cancelled. I immediately called the hotline again and the person I spoke with said there was a mistake and they were still scheduled to pick up both the washer and dryer on Sunday, December 22, 2013. I called Sears Customer service again on Sunday morning and the person said everything was scheduled and confirmed it was for both the washer and dryer. I made sure on every call I made to clarify that it was for both the washer and dryer.
    The drivers arrived 1 hour late, but I even understand that things happen with deliveries and pick up’s. The driver informs me at that time that he only has paperwork to pick up the washer. Fortunately, the driver was very professional and understood the issue and agreed to take both as long as I called his company and explained the situation. On that phone call they informed me there was a pick up for the dryer schedule on December 24th. I cannot understand that. At no point during any of my calls did we discuss a Christmas Eve pick up.
    Then on December 28th I received a partial refund of $802.49. This is not even half of the total cost. Again, I have to call customer service and they tell me I have to call the store. I call the store and the store employee tells me that they only show a dryer being returned and only the delivery company can issue a refund anyways. How is it possible they showed only a dryer was returned after all the paperwork apparently only showed only a washer was to be returned? After several more attempts to reach someone in customer service that can help or provide the number to the delivery service so I can work on my refund I finally received help for the store manager in Lakeland.
    Chuck, at store #01955, asked me about the situation and the details of what I have received and what was still needed. Chuck then called the delivery service himself and had everything straightened out within 10 minutes and called me back with the good news. I am sure that I would still be calling customer service about my refund if it were not for Chuck.
    As a sales professional that relies on customer service myself to help customers with any problems or orders, I am amazed by the lack of professionalism and pure ability to do a simple job by the entire Sears Customer Service hotline. Their number one goal was to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. They would say anything to have me hang up including promising a $100 gift card for use towards purchasing a new washer and dryer set. I urge you to put a little more emphasis on customer service outside of the store. Obviously it is more important to make sure the purchasing experience is ideal and that is why the in-store staff is very good. But the follow up on orders and service should be top notch as well.

Sincerely,
    Michael

Hi Michael! Thanks again for your post. I replied to your feedback on our Q&A board.

We appreciate the constructive feedback!

Forums Community Report Bugs & T... BEWARE OF THIS SITE ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in