Chit Chat : Shop Your Way

• Coupons appearing twice in website cart

• What causes some reward coupons to appear twice in the Kmart/Sears website shopping cart? They are both the same code except that one will say ‘Items sold by Kmart’ and the other ‘Items sold by Sears’. This results in an error that baffles even your own customer service agents. I’ve heard others complain about the same thing over the past year, so I’m surprised your company has not made it a priority to fix this.

Here is the error:

“We didn’t apply this Shop Your Way coupon because it doesn’t apply to your order or a better coupon has already been applied.”

Well, if the same coupon appears twice, then they’re canceling each other out.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, Mtem. Welcome! Sorry to hear about this. We will share your feedback with our engineering team. Can you please let us know what web browser you are using?

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

Hi, Mtem. Welcome! Sorry to hear about this. We will share your feedback with our engineering team. Can you please let us know what web browser you are using?

I bounce between IE9 and Google Chrome when something doesn’t work correctly, and I have a friend that says she only uses Firefox. For all the others, I didn’t ask about what browser they were using when they were faced with this doubling-coupon error.

Hi, Mtem. Welcome! Sorry to hear about this. We will share your feedback with our engineering team. Can you please let us know what web browser you are using?

I bounce between IE9 and Google Chrome when something doesn’t work correctly, and I have a friend that says she only uses Firefox. For all the others, I didn’t ask about what browser they were using when they were faced with this doubling-coupon error.
    [/quote]

Thanks for providing that info, Mtem!  I will pass this on to the appropriate team to take a look.

Happy New Year!

Hi Mtem,

We have received an update from our engineering team on this issue and they are pushing to fix this error to prevent other users from seeing this promotion message twice.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thank you!

Any updates on this? Just saw the error again with a new coupon.

Hi Mtem,

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with a new coupon.

Can you please share the coupon code which you were having issues with?

Thank you!

Hi Mtem,

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with a new coupon.

Can you please share the coupon code which you were having issues with?

Thank you!

Do you want every coupon code that has given the same error over the past year? Plus, whenever I’ve heard friends complain about the same error, they were usually using different coupons that I didn’t receive from Shop Your Way. Even if I can gather up all that info, then that’s A LOT of different codes. I’d say your programmers need to be investigated, and not any particular coupon code.

Thank you for your feedback for it has been forwarded to the appropriate party for further testing of these issues.

We appreciate you keeping us posted!

Thank you for your feedback for it has been forwarded to the appropriate party for further testing of these issues.

Oh wow, now I got a coupon that triples! Never seen this before.

There’s an entry for ‘Items sold by Kmart’, an entry for ‘Items sold by Sears’, and an extra entry for ‘Items sold by Sears’. Same error message mentioned in my opening post. I guess someone did tamper with the doubling issue, but made things worse.

Oh wow, now I got a coupon that triples! Never seen this before.

There’s an entry for ‘Items sold by Kmart’, an entry for ‘Items sold by Sears’, and an extra entry for ‘Items sold by Sears’. Same error message mentioned in my opening post. I guess someone did tamper with the doubling issue, but made things worse.
    [/quote]

Thanks again, for providing this update. I have sent this issue along to the team.

Forums Chit Chat Shop Your Way Coupons appearing tw...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in