Ask an Expert : Appliance Repair

• Deplorable Service

• In August, we cracked our induction cooktop. Even though three of the four hobs were still functional, I immediately sought a repair from Sears service. I’m still waiting (and waiting includes 16 hours of time lost from work plus several hours spent on hold). First repair person came out and said it was cracked all right & told me he didn’t have the part with him. Second repair person didn’t come out (even though the 800 number said he would be there late, that he asked for overtime. He didn’t have the part anyway, because none was ordered. Part arrived, and then third repair person came out, took the cooktop off, realized it was the wrong part, and reordered. (With this “service” the cooktop became completely unusable.) Part arrived, and then fourth repair person came out, took the cooktop off, realized it was the wrong part, and entered into a conversation with the service center. As he left (leaving a totally cracked top) behind, he said I would hear from the service center within 24-48 hours. Didn’t hear in the appropriate timeframe, so I called the 800 number again — and was given a choice of waiting for weeks to hear from part search, canceling appointment and receiving credit for only the cost of the part back (not the trip charge), or getting only 10% off a new, replacement top.
    As other members of this forum will attest, talking to anyone at the 800 number is an exercise in frustration and that they only clear result of my Sears interactions is the conviction that Sears has no regard for consumers’ time, money and feelings about their “service.”. (I must have heard “sorry for your inconvenience 20 times over the course of my telephone marathons — by the time anyone calls the 800 number, it’s not “inconvenience” — it’s total disruption. We have been without a cooktop for three months, and I’ve missed work for four half days.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, edendysloan! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry that you have been without your cook top for such a long time. I can imagine how frustrating this has to be. I am going to send this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. From the beginning of your initial correspondence with them, you will be assigned a case manager as your one point of contact to walk you through a resolution and make sure your cook top is fixed properly.

A team member will respond right here shortly. Once they do, I will reach out to you via email with a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted on the progress!

Thanks!

Edendysloan,

We thank you for taking the time to let us know about this situation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly understand your frustrations with waiting to have your cook top repaired. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (edendysloan), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com to ensure this matter is met to your satisfaction. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

I am still having difficulty. Jessica has helped me somewhat, but the matter is not resolved. Her return phone number was mistranscribed in my xfinity voice mail message and redialing the number that comes through on caller id is of no avail. My case number is case number is 1877845. Thank you for your help.

I am still having difficulty. Jessica has helped me somewhat, but the matter is not resolved. Her return phone number was mistranscribed in my xfinity voice mail message and redialing the number that comes through on caller id is of no avail. My case number is case number is 1877845. Thank you for your help.

Thanks fro letting us know, edendysloan. I passed along your message to Jessica. Look to hear from her shortly.

Thanks again!

Hello edendysloan,

We thank you for informing us about this matter. I have forwarded your post over to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,

Dianne D.

Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Forums Ask an Expert Appliance Repair Deplorable Service

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in