Ask an Expert : Appliance Repair

• Dishwasher Help?

• Ok, there is still an opportunity to keep me as a loyal customer. However, my patience is being tested on a simple and straight forward customer service issue.
    I bought a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.127 two months ago. The dishwasher arrived with install instructions and minus an owners manual. The electronic controls are not working properly and we cannot get the dishwasher to run.
    I went looking on the web for the owners manual. Not available. Tell me another major consumer product manufacturer that doesn’t make their general product documentation available online in a PDF format? I wasted a fair amount of time here.
    Step 2, called the store and entered the question and answer queue. It took about 5 minutes to get through to a live agent. Time on the phone with the agent was very scripted, so it took 15 minutes, half of which, she had me on hold. She agreed to send me the manual via email. The email would be delayed an hour. Customer service reps can’t send you the information directly. They send a request to a technical group that checks the CSR’s work and then emails the customer.
    I had gone home from work. Back to work and solve problem later after getting the email with the manual.
    Step 3, 8 hours later, no email has arrived. I check the spam box, not there. I call again and once again endure the question and answer queue. Finally a live agent, who runs me through an interrogation again. The agent has my record up on her screen and has all the details. “Sir, can you give me the model number please?” WHAT? So, I go back to the dishwasher and find the miniscule printed information. You sold me this thing and you have this information? At this point, I realize I am losing time and Sears is losing money. The CSR put me on a lengthy hold. When they came back, they said they could find no record of my previous call or a request sent to the tech group, to send me a manual in a PDF. No worries, a new request was going out to the tech group and I would receive my email in about two hours.
    I guess I’m not solving this problem tonight! After another rather lengthy phone call, the CSR tries to upsell me on other Sears services. Not good timing, but I understand she is reading from a script, but really…you can’t resolve a simple problem and you want me to trust you and buy more stuff?
    Step 4, early AM about 10 hours later. Again, no email.

I have loved and trusted Sears my whole life. This is ridiculous. I am asking the most common type of customer service question. Most consumer product companies leverage the web by posting this kind of information. And Sears is willing to pay a live agent to speak with me and is not giving them the tools to solve my problem. If I ran my business like this, I would be going out of business. Someone please pay attention, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE MODEL IS BROKEN. My patience is wearing thin…help me solve my dishwasher problem (painlessly). Make me a happy camper and you can salvage my loyalty.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi basilstetson! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today! I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time getting that manual. I have sent you an email requesting a bit more information so I can look into this for you.

Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for your question though I am sorry about the problem that caused the question to be asked. At this point the problem seems to be no owner’s manual. I assume you have called and scheduled service already and hopefully you are now washing dishes though without an owner’s manual. You indicate that all keypads react when pressed but nothing will run. If you can select all cycles and options but nothing will run then the problem iw likely with the control board or the door switch. The clean LED light should blink to indicate an error code. It might blink 5 times, pause then blink 1 time. The 5-1 error indicates a door switch problem. There is an owner’s manual available at the following link: http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-24inch-built-in-dishwasher-white/p-02212762000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1# . Scroll down the page and you will see a link to the owner’s manual just below the Energy Guide block. I am sorry for the problem with obtainning the maunal. Let me know if you have problems downloading the manual.

Thank you for your question though I am sorry about the problem that caused the question to be asked. At this point the problem seems to be no owner’s manual. I assume you have called and scheduled service already and hopefully you are now washing dishes though without an owner’s manual. You indicate that all keypads react when pressed but nothing will run. If you can select all cycles and options but nothing will run then the problem iw likely with the control board or the door switch. The clean LED light should blink to indicate an error code. It might blink 5 times, pause then blink 1 time. The 5-1 error indicates a door switch problem. There is an owner’s manual available at the following link: http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-24inch-built-in-dishwasher-white/p-02212762000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1# . Scroll down the page and you will see a link to the owner’s manual just below the Energy Guide block. I am sorry for the problem with obtainning the maunal. Let me know if you have problems downloading the manual.

Thanks Fred – I will give it a look tonight when I get home.

Forums Ask an Expert Appliance Repair Dishwasher Help?

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in