Community : How to Use Forums/FAQs

• DONT BUY FROM SEARS!!!!!

• I bought a Kenmore dryer in February 2012 because my other Kenmore lasted 25 years. After waiting a week and taking a day off from work to wait I was told that the electronic panel was bad (can you say defective???) and the part will be $147 and the labor $151 but the good news is they can come back in three weeks to fix it if I can take another day off to wait for them :) :) Waited for customer service on the phone and they said I could file a written dispute after the work is completed and paid for. So helpful!!! Sent him away and he wanted $80 for the service call. Sears does not stand buy their products (they said it was a Samsung dryer) even though they sold it and it has Kenmore all over it. This dryer was defective!!!The “warranty” was not the issue.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, labatson1! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you are having such troubles with your dryer and it’s repair. I am going to escalate your complaint to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss this with your further.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they respond, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Dear labatson1,

We appreciate you for taking the time to reach out to us, and we’re sorry to hear about the problems with your dryer. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to look into this repair issue, and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you and assist you in this matter. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (labatson1), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

A

Amen! I am feeling the same way myself. I purchased from Kmart’s website what I thought to be a great sale on Black Friday, buy a pair of shoes at regular price and get a second of equal or lesser value for free. Is that great or what? Well, it turned out to be what. Kmart charged me for the first pair and then sent me an email cancelling the second pair. I called customer service and they gave me the run around, they would not even put me with a supervisor. The fact that Kmart is willing to have a possible fine from the Better Business Bureau for false advertisement for a pair of shoes is senseless. Please let me know if this is common practice for Kmart/Sears or am I a fluke? If My case was an honest mistake, please let me know how is Kmart going to fix such a blatant act of false advertisement.

A

Amen! I am feeling the same way myself. I purchased from Kmart’s website what I thought to be a great sale on Black Friday, buy a pair of shoes at regular price and get a second of equal or lesser value for free. Is that great or what? Well, it turned out to be what. Kmart charged me for the first pair and then sent me an email cancelling the second pair. I called customer service and they gave me the run around, they would not even put me with a supervisor. The fact that Kmart is willing to have a possible fine from the Better Business Bureau for false advertisement for a pair of shoes is senseless. Please let me know if this is common practice for Kmart/Sears or am I a fluke? If My case was an honest mistake, please let me know how is Kmart going to fix such a blatant act of false advertisement.

Welcome, prav8tor! Thanks for sharing your experience on the MySears Community today. I am sorry that you did not receive that great deal on those shoes. I can imagine that must have been quite disappointing for you. I am going to pass your inquiry along to the SearsCares team. They will be happy to look into this for you and will do what they can to make sure you are satisfied.

A team member will be by shortly with a response. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

A

prav8tor,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced troubles with an order placed on Kmart.com. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager look into this with you and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (prav8tor) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

Dear Sears,

I will never buy from you again. I feel like you are giving me a heart attack from all the stress/pain/anger this problem is causing me.
    My told my husband that I wanted a certain jacket off your website for Christmas. I hinted at it by sending him a link through email. Well he went and bought it for me. It just came in that mail. He gave it to me early because its been cold and I will be visiting family for Christmas and will be gone. Well I opened it and realized that its the wrong jacket. We bought this one http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_017VA67905312P and instead we got sent this one http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_017VA66640312P?mv=rr . Well the jacket he bought cost us 59.74 after tax and shipping. The jacket we were sent costs 16.99. That’s up setting enough but the customer service we got on trying to fix this issue you caused was beyond belief. My husband called and spoke with a women who told him that the jacket we wanted is out of stock so we should keep that other jacket and she will refund us the full price. He thought that was fair… but he went online and saw that you can still order that first jacket.. its not sold out. So he called back to talk to a manager. The manager called him a lair.. saying there was no record of him calling and talking to anyone and if he had talked to someone that they would have told him that he cant keep that jacket and they cant refund what we had paid. The manager also said that he has no proof that the jacket he was sent is the wrong one or that it costs less then the one he ordered. What an insult! We didn’t send ourselves the wrong jacket just to call you and lie to you about things. So this is how she can “fix” it for us… she will send out a shipping label so we can send the jacket we didn’t order back. Which we will have to pay shipping charges on. Then she recharged our card for another 59.74 to send out another jacket and we will get that money back when the first jacket gets returned. So now I have paid a total of 119.48 for a jacket I still don’t have. This whole thing is a huge pain and has ruined my Christmas. I’m leaving in 3 days to visit family and I still don’t have my jacket (I live in California and don’t need a warm jacket like this… I bought this SO I would be warm WHEN I visit my family.. now I’m have to buy a second jacket just to be warm while I’m there making this first jacket pointless when I get it). I feel like I have been charged a arm and a leg along with my sanity just for a jacket that wont be here in time. The thing that really gets me is how rude she was.. I can understand that sending us the wrong jacket was a mistake.. but why blame us and call us lairs? Why charge us twice…? I was willing to pay the 16.99 over the phone to just buy the one I was sent so they could send out the one I already paid for.. NOPE not do able… I was willing to take this one back to a store so they would have to charge my card twice… NOPE not do able… I was willing to work with you and I got nothing back but shitty customer service. Even once my pointless jacket gets here and after I get my first jacket charge refunded… I will still be left with a bad take in my mouth and I still had to pay shipping charges twice. Learn how to keep your customers happy.

~Katie Joyner

Hi there, kt-joy! Thanks for sharing your experience with us on the MySears Community. I am sorry to hear of this mix up with your jacket order. I am sure the SearsCares team can help get this straightened our for you.

A team member will be by in just a bit looking to help. Once they post, I will notify you via email which will include a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

Dear, kt-joy

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience and concern surrounding your online purchase and the delay of your refund. We never intend to make our customers shopping experience difficult in any way. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the experience you and you husband encountered with the level of customer service received with regarding the delivery of your jacket and multiple charges. We would like to look into the delivery online purchase issue further to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (kt-joy), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact your directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,

Mina H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Dear, kt-joy

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience and concern surrounding your online purchase and the delay of your refund. We never intend to make our customers shopping experience difficult in any way. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the experience you and you husband encountered with the level of customer service received with regarding the delivery of your jacket and multiple charges. We would like to look into the delivery online purchase issue further to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (kt-joy), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact your directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,

Mina H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

I sent the info. Thank you for responding so quickly.

Thank you for doing so kt-joy!

Please let us know if you have any further issues or concerns.

We appreciate you reaching out so that we can help you further!

Forums Community How to Use Forums/FA... DONT BUY FROM SEARS!...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in