Community : How to Use Forums/FAQs

• DONT BUY FROM SEARS!!!!!

• I bought a Kenmore dryer in February 2012 because my other Kenmore lasted 25 years. After waiting a week and taking a day off from work to wait I was told that the electronic panel was bad (can you say defective???) and the part will be $147 and the labor $151 but the good news is they can come back in three weeks to fix it if I can take another day off to wait for them :) :) Waited for customer service on the phone and they said I could file a written dispute after the work is completed and paid for. So helpful!!! Sent him away and he wanted $80 for the service call. Sears does not stand buy their products (they said it was a Samsung dryer) even though they sold it and it has Kenmore all over it. This dryer was defective!!!The “warranty” was not the issue.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Mina, someone from the executive office called me. I was driving and asked if she could wait 2 minutes for me to pull over. She said she would call me back in 45 mins before the office closed by 5 (her time). She never called back! Why tell me to wait by the phone and then leave me waiting! Your customer service doesn’t seem to get any better in your executive office. I was already upset.. This isn’t helping. I waited 45 minutes for her.. She couldn’t wait 2 minutes for me! Very rude!

Kt-joy,
    We thank you for letting us know about this situation. We truly understand how disappointed you may be with the delayed call back from your case manager. We forward your post over to your case manager for attention. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

My story is long and complicated. An email I received, cancelling my order was the last straw!!! I did not authorize the cancellation. To add insult to injury, the credit the email says they gave is not even the amount you originally billed me. What nerve they have! Not only did it take almost 6 hours to actually purchase the stove, it has taken me more than another 6 hours to reorder after the cancellation. I have been disconnected more than 6 times, once while actually re-placing the order and about to give my credit card! I was promised a call back should we get disconnected by most everyone I spoke to (and all had at least 2 numbers to reach me at) and not 1 of them ever called me back. Turned out I was LIED TO and they are unable to make outgoing calls. I know this because I asked their Customer Solutions people.
    Sears’ customer service people are the most inept and stupid people I have dealt with not to mention that you “offshore” personnel have no idea what an American is saying.
    I am cancelling my newly approved credit card and I am NEVER, EVER going to shop in Sears or buy any of their brands.
    By the way, I still have not received the credit card I was approved for. Furthermore, there are items on it that I did not purchase. So now what?
    I have NO HOPE that any of this will ever be corrected, I HAVE NO HOPE that any of them are able to correct it.
    Imbeciles…all of them. No customer should ever be brought to tears over a simple purchase. No customer should have to put up a post like this. And I still will not have a stove for the holidays. Chances are the president of Sears will not ever know how inept his people are.

My story is long and complicated. An email I received, cancelling my order was the last straw!!! I did not authorize the cancellation. To add insult to injury, the credit the email says they gave is not even the amount you originally billed me. What nerve they have! Not only did it take almost 6 hours to actually purchase the stove, it has taken me more than another 6 hours to reorder after the cancellation. I have been disconnected more than 6 times, once while actually re-placing the order and about to give my credit card! I was promised a call back should we get disconnected by most everyone I spoke to (and all had at least 2 numbers to reach me at) and not 1 of them ever called me back. Turned out I was LIED TO and they are unable to make outgoing calls. I know this because I asked their Customer Solutions people.
    Sears’ customer service people are the most inept and stupid people I have dealt with not to mention that you “offshore” personnel have no idea what an American is saying.
    I am cancelling my newly approved credit card and I am NEVER, EVER going to shop in Sears or buy any of their brands.
    By the way, I still have not received the credit card I was approved for. Furthermore, there are items on it that I did not purchase. So now what?
    I have NO HOPE that any of this will ever be corrected, I HAVE NO HOPE that any of them are able to correct it.
    Imbeciles…all of them. No customer should ever be brought to tears over a simple purchase. No customer should have to put up a post like this. And I still will not have a stove for the holidays. Chances are the president of Sears will not ever know how inept his people are.

Welcome, pdplish! Thanks for posting on MySears today. I would like to apologize for the many problems you encountered when placing your order for a range from us. We absolutely do not want our customers to have these kinds of issues, and would like to make this right for you. I have escalated your concerns to the SearsCares team, who will do what they can to help.

A team member will be by in just a bit looking to assist. Once they respond, I will notify you via email which will include a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

pdplish,
    We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with regards to your recent purchase experience. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (pdplish) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

Here’s how bad Sears…I followed to the letter the instructions above and in the email. It’s been 1 hour since I sent the email requested. I don’t know what “will call directly ” means to you people @ Sears but to me it means you will call within minutes of receiving the email. It’s been over an hour and still no word. I have taken it upon myself (again)to call Customer Solutions who, come to find out are also known as the Sears Cares Escalation team. Another b.s. rabbit hole for me to go down. They DID NOT HELP AT ALLLLLL! The wasted more time doing EVERYTHING that I’ve already had done with the numerous phone calls I had to endure.

All of your people have done nothing but waste my time and energy. The emotional distress you’ve caused me cannot be measured. I am seething with so much anger and frustration. This call today was my last chance to try to salvage the order…to no success at all. I want nothing to do with Sears anymore. I am trying to get my credit card credit the proper amount. To that end I have been on hold with on-line sales for 10 minutes already. Please cancel everything…my order, my credit card…EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Forums Community How to Use Forums/FA... DONT BUY FROM SEARS!...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in