Chit Chat : Sears Holdings Corporation

• Friends and Family Online Discount broken

• Hello, Today (11/17/13), I tried to purchase items online to take advantage of the friends and family discount. Specifically, I tried to purchase a Panasonic plasma TV and a TV stand. Well, there were a few issues. For one, there is not F&F discount applied in the cart to my TV or any other TV that I tried. Additionally, and here’s the big problem, no matter what items are added to the cart, no F&F discount is actually applied (the pre-tax sales price never reflects the discount). Now, the cart does show what the discounts would take off of the price, but the website NEVER actually takes discount out of the pre-tax sales price. Let me reiterate, the website is broken and is NOT ACTUALLY APPLYING THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY DISCOUNT TO THE FINAL SALES PRICE, it’s just showing/displaying what the discount would be. The worst part is the customer service I received from the online chat support. I was given the runaround twice, either the people on the other end don’t care or they don’t have the power to do a darn thing about it (i’m assuming the latter). This is why Sears will never be Amazon, the website is terrible and the customer service is worse.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know of this issue. I understand completely how frustrating this can be when taking the time to shop for great deals online and not having the system work as you intended.

Your feedback is most helpful and has been forwarded to the correct contact.

Thank you!

Hi ecoliandy!

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know of this issue. I understand completely how frustrating this can be when taking the time to shop for great deals online and not having the system work as you intended.

Thank you!

I’ve asked several friends to try at their homes and it’s not working for them either. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or sears will have a lot of damage control on their hands.

Hi ecoliandy!

Thank you!

I’ve asked several friends to try at their homes and it’s not working for them either. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or sears will have a lot of damage control on their hands.
    [/quote]
    Hi ecoliandy, which tv were you buying? The fine print excluded some brands from the discount.
    Worked fine for me last night, scored a 60″ Sharp smart Aquos for $1091 delivered. No problem with the F&F or associate discount but they wouldn’t accept the Sears MasterCard that was in my profile. Neither Citi or Sears customer service could help, but I figured it out, changed my profile to the new card and the sale went thru. The Sears rep was obviously overseas and impossible to understand and you would think Citi could tell the CRV number was from the new card which was the same account. GIGO.

Forums Chit Chat Sears Holdings Corpo... Friends and Family O...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in