Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Horrible experience with Sears Home Delivery

• Hi,

On October 7th I visited one of the Sears appliance showrooms in my neighborhood.
    The sales associate was very friendly and helped us make an order for 3 appliances – washer, dryer and a refrigerator. The delivery arrived as scheduled on October 26th, but unfortunately the dryer was malfunctioning and didn’t even power on, so they had to take it back.
    I was then contacted by customer service who notified me the next availability date for that dryer would be on November 18th. I’ve asked the customer service rep to check if anything can be done to deliver it sooner, as we need to do our laundry and the 18th was more than 3 weeks away. She said that I would be getting a call within 24 hours. Unfortunately nobody called. I then called back again to ask about an earlier delivery date, only to get the same answer. After making multiple phone calls to the delivery customer service team, I finally got fed up and asked to speak with a supervisor. All of a sudden, the rep said he found an earlier date and that they would be able to deliver on November 1st. The evening before that scheduled delivery I got the phone call giving me my 2 hour delivery window. I woke up the next morning to an automated phone call letting me know that my product cannot be delivered “due to weather conditions or product availability”. Definitely not the weather, it is 82 degrees and sunny today.
    I was extremely disappointed as I took a few hours off work to be home for the delivery. It seems that the delivery customer service just tried to get me off his back by scheduling a date which he knew the product wouldn’t be available. Today I called back to reschedule (again), but I was told I cannot reschedule and I have to wait for a phone call from the warehouse. I am being told they are doing “research”. Now I am waiting for a phone call which I already know I won’t be receiving, and I don’t even have a delivery date.
    It seems like the situation with this order is only getting worse every time. How long will this go on? I am so frustrated and disappointed with Sears.
    If anyone from Sears is reading this and can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Danny

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, dliberty! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time receiving your dryer. I am going to send this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. You will be assigned a case manager who can get your delivery scheduled, and follow up to ensure all went smoothly.

A team member will reply here shortly requesting that you directly contact them through a provided email address. Once that is posted, I will let you know via email with a link re-directing you to this thread.

Thanks!

Danny,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such an upsetting experience with the delivery of your dryer. We can truly understand how discouraging this situation has been for you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and discuss available options to help resolve this matter. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (dliberty), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

Hi Liz,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I have emailed you all of the requested information, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Hi Liz,

No one has contacted me yet. Has anyone been assigned to this case?

Thanks,

Danny

Dear Dliberty,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize for the delay in being contacted. After checking our records, we don’t show that we ever received an email from you with contact information. Can you please resend the following information – contact #, screen name (Dliberty), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

Sears Delivery
    I purchased a GE gas oven on 10/11/2013…. delivery date was supposed to be 11/21/2013, which I thought was ridiculous in the first place, but my husband didn’t want to have to install it. I am SO sorry that I didn’t listen to my own instincts.
    The delivery was postponed to the 22nd and now until the 23rd….and they are charging almost $300.00 to bring it in and install !!
    I will NEVER EVER but another thing from Sears….should never have even walked in the store.
    I think at this point, Sears should deliver and install the stove for free!!

Sears Delivery
    I purchased a GE gas oven on 10/11/2013…. delivery date was supposed to be 11/21/2013, which I thought was ridiculous in the first place, but my husband didn’t want to have to install it. I am SO sorry that I didn’t listen to my own instincts.
    The delivery was postponed to the 22nd and now until the 23rd….and they are charging almost $300.00 to bring it in and install !!
    I will NEVER EVER but another thing from Sears….should never have even walked in the store.
    I think at this point, Sears should deliver and install the stove for free!!

Hi there, Sandijb! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry your oven delivery has been rescheduled. I am going to send this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, who can follow up with your appointment and make sure there is no delay.

A team member will be by shortly requesting more information so they can directly connect with you to help. Once that is posted, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

Dear Sandijb,

Thank you for making us aware of your delivery experience. We certainly understand the frustrations with the multiple delays. The delay is most likely caused by the supply from the actual vendor. Nevertheless, we want to speak with you and look further into your order to see how we can be of assistance. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Sandijb), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we will be in touch to address further. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

I finally had my range delivered on Saturday the 23rd….no phone call just showed up at 11:30. Two delivery men drop off the range telling me that the “installer” will be there shortly as he is at another job. They will then return to remove the old range, which I paid to have them do… Two hours later the installer shows up proceeds to move the old stove out and install the new one. My husband asked if the installer would call to be sure the delivery men would return to remove the old range…..Of course when he calls they have no intention of returning from the neighboring state to pick up the old range. The installer tells my husband that he will need help taking the range down the stairs and out to his truck. My husband has a bad back and had hernia surgery three weeks ago….so of course I insist that he not help. I call the installation number on the receipt only to speak to someone from I presume India or someplace else by the speech pattern. She of course cannot find my receipt from there she tells me………….no kidding!! really, of course you can’t, you’re not in America….
    My husband, then has to help the installer bring the old range down the stairs or it would probably still be sitting in my kitchen…..range is in and as I walk up the stairs the light from the open doorway reveals about 10-12 scratches on my hardwood floors….so what would you expect………
    I did receive a call from Zach, who was very pleasant and apologetic. He had me call the insurance company….can’t remove the floors, and promised to open a case concerning my unhappiness. Thanks Zach….what would make me happy is to have the $279.00 that Sears charged me for delivery installation and removal….removed from my charge card. I will also put in a dispute of charges to my credit card holder for the stated amount….
    I hope that anyone who is considering purchasing anything from Sears comes to this community board first…..I wish I had…I would not have bought my range from them.

Hello I just had a similar experience: fridge delivery scheduled, at 2 weeks, canceled twice now rescheduled for Dec 16 a full a full FIVE WEEKS after we bought it. I don’t know how Sears stays in business with service like this.

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Horrible experience ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in