Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Horrible HVAC installation

• Just moved into a house in the Northeast with no heating system. After researching local vendors as well as Sears, we selected Sears. Sears was the most expensive quote but we selected them for this $28,000+ job because we trusted that they would stand behind their reputation in the event of problems. Well, the problems started right at the beginning. The sales person promised that our job would be moved to the top of the list since we had no heat and winter was fast approaching. Top of the list turned out to be two weeks. Other vendors offered that turnaround but it was too late to change course.
    The sales person convinced us that a single HVAC unit would suit our needs. Once the sub contractor came in it turned out that a split unit would be better. Again, other vendors offered a split system at a much lower cost but it was too late to change course.
    The sales person promised that the house would be left spotless. Well the installer left the house and it was anything but clean. Messy work around the vents, cracked tiles, gouged walls, dirty carpets. Heck, I would have expected that from a local contractor.
    The installer signed off on the job and did not bother to balance the system. I now have a bloody hot bathroom and a freezing main floor.
    I gave Sears the job at a premium cost because we expected premium service. We got no such service. I have called many Sears service departments and they are all very nice and say that they will send someone out to look at the problem. No one seems to care that Sears reputation in my book is rock bottom. I have many friends moving in to the community asking for recommendations. How can I recommend Sears if Sears staff doesn’t care about their reputation?
    Is there anyone at Sears who cares about their reputation? If there is, I would like to speak with them.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, dashapiro39! Thanks for sharing your experience on The MySears Community today. I am so sorry to hear you had such an unsatisfactory installation of your HVAC system. We can get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will do what they can to make sure you are happy with the final product and your concerns are addressed.

A team member will be by shortly requesting you send along a bit more information to them. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can view it and this can be taken care of quickly.

Thanks!

dashapiro39,
    Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent purchase and installation of your heating system. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the problems that you have experienced and, in particular, for the level of customer service that you received. As you said in your post, you believed that you were paying for premium service. That premium service should include the follow up customer service to ensure that your concerns are addressed. I would also like to assure you that we do care, very much, about our reputation at Sears. In light of this, we would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail and then work with our Home improvement department and the local contractor to make sure that each one of your concerns is addressed in a timely manner and resolved to your satisfaction. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (dashapiro39), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Thank you,

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

So, for those of you who are wondering what happened with this complaint, I am sad to say NOWHERE. A very nice customer service representative called and said that Sears understands, wants to get the job completed and then compensate for the grief that we felt during this ordeal. We tried calling Nadia back several time with no return call. I finally got through to someone else in customer service and got through to Nadia who called back. We explained that the installation was still not complete and the system not working consistently.
    When we pressed as to ho much compensation we could anticipate from Sears she replied that she could approve a couple hundred dollars. We said that the amount was not satisfactory being that this has been a shameful installation from the start.
    Nadia suggested that we go to the installer and request compensation. We contracted with Sears not the installer. We have no financial connection with the installer.
    Then Nadia said that we can go to Home Improvement and ask them for compensation. That’s where we started. We thought that going to the executive offices would give us someone in authority who could cut through all this garbage and make good on their reputation.
    I said above that if there is anyone at Sears who cares about their reputation I would like to hear from them.

So, for those of you who are wondering what happened with this complaint, I am sad to say NOWHERE. A very nice customer service representative called and said that Sears understands, wants to get the job completed and then compensate for the grief that we felt during this ordeal. We tried calling Nadia back several time with no return call. I finally got through to someone else in customer service and got through to Nadia who called back. We explained that the installation was still not complete and the system not working consistently.
    When we pressed as to ho much compensation we could anticipate from Sears she replied that she could approve a couple hundred dollars. We said that the amount was not satisfactory being that this has been a shameful installation from the start.
    Nadia suggested that we go to the installer and request compensation. We contracted with Sears not the installer. We have no financial connection with the installer.
    Then Nadia said that we can go to Home Improvement and ask them for compensation. That’s where we started. We thought that going to the executive offices would give us someone in authority who could cut through all this garbage and make good on their reputation.
    I said above that if there is anyone at Sears who cares about their reputation I would like to hear from them.

Hi dashapiro39! Thanks for posting your updating. I am sorry to hear the resolution did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass this along to the team. Thanks!

Hi dashapiro39,

We’d like to thank you for posting about your experience with our Social Media Team and your Case Manager, Nadia. My name is Susan with the Sears Cares team and I’ll forward your post on to our Leadership Team and Nadia. We strive to provide top notch products and services to all of our members and it seems that we’ve fallen short in this instance. I’ll ask that Nadia contact you as soon as possible regarding your installation issues.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

Thank you Susan,
    Nadia says that she has no power. If you want to help me you will forward this to a higher authority.

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Horrible HVAC instal...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in