Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• I believe Sears sold me a stolen product.

• I sent the following message to Sears Support:

Imran,

I purchased a Keurig coffee maker from the Sears website. Sears sold this thru a third party vendor. The vendor’s name is BeavertonINC out of Beaverton OR. I purchased the coffee maker for $109 on order# 597682621. The coffee maker arrived with an invoice showing that it was purchased on the day after my order, under the name of Joseph Gonzales, address: - and listed a land line number from Jackson MS. The invoice is from Starbucks for a total of $240.64. The invoice lists my address as the Ship To address.

To me, this appears to be a coffee maker purchased illegally using another person’s credit card and shipped to me. Which brings me to question how third party vendors are vetted by Sears?

I called Sears to return this coffee maker as it does not actually perform the task I had believed it would (make espresso). I was given the address for BeavertonINC to return it to. Using Google Maps, I looked up that address and it appears to be an apartment within an apartment complex. I asked the Sears representative how Sears will know when I return the product and they said that BeavertonINC will inform them. However, from what I am seeing, I have doubts that that will actually take place.

I found a phone number for Joseph Gonzales of Gilberts IL in the white pages and called to ask if his credit card had been used for a non-authorized transaction. There was no answer on his land line. I didn’t wish to leave a message, so I will call again later today.

I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Of course I thought I was actually sending an email to someone other than then next customer support representative. I received a response from Sears to contact BeavertonINC via the link in the order confirmation email. Well, that is a dead link. And, if BeavertonINC is using stolen credit cards, why would they assist me if I emailed them? Why, exactly, would BeavertonINC use another person’s billing info to buy something for $240, the day after my order, and sell it to me for $109??????? Anyone, anyone at all. Please, anyone . . . They wouldn’t, unless that is, they used a stolen credit card of the person billed to.

Now, the sad thing is that Sears doesn’t really seem to care about this at this point. They received their small percent on the sale. How about Mr Gonzales’ credit? I emailed back asking for a manager, and have not received a response.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, bowers.dennis! Thanks for posting your experience on the MySears Community today. I will pass your feedback on to the Marketplace team to let them know your thoughts on this particular vendor for you.

You can also check out the details of the Sears Marketplace on the public link for the Sellers. From there you can learn more about the vendor selection process and how our Marketplace works.

Thanks for taking the time!

I received another response back from customer service simply telling me the same thing, return the item to BeavertonINC. Well, if BeavertonINC sold me a product paid for with a stolen credit card, what are my odds that I will ever see my $109 refunded? I believe it is 0%. Why cannot I not return this to Sears for a refund from Sears and Sears can communicate with BeavertonINC? After all, I bought this from the Sears website.

Well, it appears that Sears doesn’t really care about selling stolen merchandise, its customers, or following-up on action it claims it will take. Phone support keeps telling me the same thing, “mail the item back to BeavertonINC.” Really??? Beaverton used a stolen credit card to purchase the item from Starbucks at over twice the price I paid them for it, and I am to believe Beaverton will inform Sears that I returned the item. If I return it, I am screwed out of $109. I am being advised by a local professional to contact the Attorney General’s Office and issue complaint with them.

Thanks Sears for making this so much harder than it needs to be. Looks like I am the next person to never shop Sears again. And a Merry Christmas to all.

Dennis

bowers.dennis,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your marketplace order experience. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. At this point in time the return would have to take place through the third party vendor. We would be more than happy to assist you in getting in contact with the third party vendor to address any concerns that you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the coffee maker was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (bowers.dennis), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Kurt M..
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Community Report Bugs & T... I believe Sears sold...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in