Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Incompetent & Horrible Service Nightmare

• It is Sunday February 2, 2014 as I write down our nightmare which is still unresolved. In January of 2014 we decided to update all our Kitchen appliances and add remodel our basement and add a Refrigerator and Microwave. We went to Sear as this is where we bought initially. We purchased 2 Refrigerators, 2 over the oven Microwaves, 1 Stove and 1 upright Freezer from Mike P a Million Dollar salesman in the Lansing, MI Sears store. With exception to the Upright freezer we went the new GE Slates color. Buying has been the only smooth part of this purchased…let the nightmare begin.

We had all our current appliances removed the night before the delivery date. On 1/23/14, the first delivery, we were to receive all the items for our upstairs kitchen (Refrigerator, Microwave and Stove) along with the upright Freezer. Delivery, who we found out Sears contracts out, shows up with all items but the refrigerator is wrong; it is Stainless Steel and looked like some else had rejected it as it was not packaged. I informed the delivery people, who were very nice guys from Florida, it was wrong so they made a call to inform the Refrigerator is wrong. After a fairly long conversation the phone is handed to me and on the other end is a lady from some other country who could speak OK english but clearly did not comprehend english well. I struggled to get her to understand things so she kept putting me on hold to consult with someone and I grew tired of listing to her apologies over and over and repeat everything over and over. Around 15 frustrating minutes later I am told the correct refrigerator be delivered Saturday, 2/25/14 another 2 day wait. On 2/25/14, two new guys show up for the second delivery attempt attempt and they have exact same open refrigerator I rejected on 2/23/14. So they make a call and we go through the same long process with the over seas call center. What seemed like 20 minutes later, I was told the soonest they can get us the “correct Refrigerator” is 5 days later on Thursday 2/30/14, the same day our basement appliances are scheduled to be delivered. I finally called my Million Dollar salesman Mike P and informed him what we have gone through and asked him to stepped in to help. He called me back to tell me the contract company for Sears would be double checking the Refrigerator to insure it was correct and it would come on1/30. I also went online to Sears cutover service and shared my experience but not even a reply. I got a email asking to rate the service and basically told it like it is…that they are incompetent and I did not like dealing with people who cannot speak and comprehend english. Then, on 1/29 I got a call from Mike P asking if I canceled the order…I said absolutely not. Kind of coincidental that after I share how unhappy I am with the oversea service center my order cancels out of the blue. Mike P called back and informed me we would not be getting the the refrigerator as they could not get the cancellation we did not make corrected in time. Now, I have had it at this point with the incompetence at Sears so I told Mike you have a store Manager and he needed to get them involved. I get a call from the store Manager Lisa who apologies for what I have dealt with and am told the Refrigerator is being deliver to the Lansing, MI Sears store so they can ensure it is correct and it would be delivered on Saturday, 2/1/14. On Friday, 1/31/14 I got a call to confirm delivery Saturday between 10;45 and 12:45. Around 10:00 a.m. I get a call from some guy telling me they are not delivering our Refrigerator as there was a mix up and the guys did not load it from the Sears store. I get on the phone with my Million Dollar club salesman Mike P and let him know and he tells me he’ll get on it and call me back. After a few hours I call Mike P back and he is tied up with a customer and he’ll need to call me back. I wait and call him again. Bottom line is no refrigerator is coming and we have no idea when it will be deceived. We had to cancel a birthday party for my mother-in-law Saturday to be here for a deliver that got messed up. We have been without a refrigerator for well over a week and all our perishable food has spoiled or froze and had to be tossed out.

It is interesting how once you get into the Sears nightmare and try to get people to help you get out of it, you are made to feel as though you are a bother and people just want to get move on. When you de share the truth in surveys do not expect to get a call or help but rather find your order was cancelled to make your nightmare even worse. Even the Store Manager Lisa and my Million dollar club salesman seem helpless to help me out and make things right! It is very clear for Sears, service ends after the sale is made….buyer be ware!

If anyone from Sears monitors this site…I am still do not have my refirgorator and I would welcome your help!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

We appreciate you bringing this major issue to our attention! I am so sorry to hear of the continued issues with this delivery!

Your concerns are very important to us and I have escalated them to our Sears Cares team to look into this further for you. Please know that once one of our team members responds I will be reaching out via email providing a link for contact with our team.

Again, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and reaching out so that we can help in making this right for you!

Thank you!

Hello schappell38,

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Cares team. We would like to thank you for letting us know about the troubles that you have experienced with getting your refrigerator delivered. The continued frustration with the number of times that the delivery has been delayed is absolutely understandable and we would be more than happy to step in and be your one point of contact within Sears to ensure that your refrigerator is delivered as soon as possible. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (schappell38), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Tony
    MySears Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out! I do not have much faith anymore but your team can’t do any worse than what I have experienced so for. I just want to get this over so we can get back to normal and then move on. I have canceled my Shop Your Way account and will be canceling my Sears account shortly if I do not feel the resolution is fair. For the record both my salesman Million Dollar Mike P and Store Manager Lisa were nice but as far a follow through they both failed me like everyone else along the line. Why would you have the Refrigerator delivered to your Store to make sure things were done correctly then let it go wrong? Why did my order cancel in the first place after giving the service center a poor rating?

I am pleased I elected to purchase non-Sear brand appliances so I am not tied to whether Sears stays in business or not. Every appliance in our house, that were replaced also came from Sears. It is sad that what was no long is as far as Sears and their services.

After 4 botched attempts and a lot of inconvenience on our part, today it came. Sears, you need to really look at the over seas people you use that cannot comprehend english or communicate clearly to other parties to see that problems are resolved the first time and do not drag on for almost 2 weeks. As far as the local store, my Salesman along with the store manager knew there was a serious issue and to their credit they attempted to see that things were done correct but because they lacked the follow through a bad situation became worse. I am glad the nightmare is over and we can all move on to more productive things.. My advice to other buyers …run!

This area did call me on Sunday but I was at a Birthday party we canceled the previous day to take delivery of a Refrig that was never delivered. I called them back this morning 2/3/14 and got a recording that told I was important but it may take over 24 hrs to return my call. Par for the course.

After 4 botched attempts and a lot of inconvenience on our part, today it came. Sears, you need to really look at the over seas people you use that cannot comprehend english or communicate clearly to other parties to see that problems are resolved the first time and do not drag on for almost 2 weeks. As far as the local store, my Salesman along with the store manager knew there was a serious issue and to their credit they attempted to see that things were done correct but because they lacked the follow through a bad situation became worse. I am glad the nightmare is over and we can all move on to more productive things.. My advice to other buyers …run!

This area did call me on Sunday but I was at a Birthday party we canceled the previous day to take delivery of a Refrig that was never delivered. I called them back this morning 2/3/14 and got a recording that told I was important but it may take over 24 hrs to return my call. Par for the course.

Hi there, schappell38! I have forwarded on your thoughts to your case manager. Look to hear from someone soon!

Hi schappell38,

Thank you for providing updated feedback about your refrigerator delivery. We realize what you have experienced thus far has caused you to be discouraged. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We are concerned about this situation and will forward your post to your case manager. We will request follow up contact on your behalf.

Thanks,

Brian R
    MySears Community Moderator

schappell38:
    Maybe you should use this e-mail address for any futher communications: The current email address for Aylwin B. Lewis, President & Chief Executive Officer of Sears, is alewis1@searshc.com.

From another completely frustrated Sears customer…

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Incompetent & Ho...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in