Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• Kenmore Coldspot fails in less than 2 years

• I am extremely disappointed in Sears. I purchased a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side refridgerator less than two years ago and it failed the day before christmas. A repairman came out that I had scheduled from the sears website and found that the compressor had gone out. The fridge cost me $811 and the repair estimate to fix was $802. It is not in warranty and when I called sears corporate to complain…they told me it was out of warranty. Then they insulted me by offering me a 10% off coupon to go purchase a new refridgerator.

1. Why would I want to go buy a new fridge from sears that will only last me 2 years and when it fails, they won’t stand behind their product.

2. The 10% off to go purchase a new fridge doesn’t even equal some of the deals they have online. That is a joke.

In the last five years. I’ve purchased an oven, two riding lawnmowers, a refridgerator, a dishwasher, and in the last month, a new snowblower…all from sears. If this is the kind of service and support I can expect from your products, you can bet you have just lost a customer for life. Additionally, I’ve had the snowblower for less than 30 days and you can bet that is getting returned and i’m taking my money elsewhere.

A very upset customer

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

Welcome to the MySears Community Forum!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on the issue of Kenmore Coldspot side by side. Your concerns are very important to us and have been escalated to our Sears Cares team for further assistance on this issue.

Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for further contact with our team members.

Thank you!

Buckskingal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent repair experience on your refrigerator. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the problems that you have been having with your refrigerator. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail and to then present the best available option to help resolve your concerns. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Buckskingal), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Thank you

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Community Report Bugs & T... Kenmore Coldspot fai...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in