Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Kenmore oven caught on fire

• I bought a Kenmore oven less than two years ago. I always trusted Sears and Kenmore. The other night my wife turned it off and the panel at the back burst into flames. Luckily I was there and pulled it away from the wall. I contacted a Sears repair service and was quoted$365 to fix it. As it was cost prohibitive and I didn’t trust the oven, I went to a local Sears and bought a GE oven. Although it is beyond the one year warranty I feel that Sears should help to cover the cost of the new oven as this never should have happened and could have had a terrible ending. I have emailed customer service with no response. I took pictures of the oven serial number and fire damage before it was hauled away. I was hoping for some help here.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

Welcome to the MySears Forum!

I am very sorry to hear of the issue you had with our Kenmore stove and we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Your concerns are very important to us and I have escalated them to our Sears Cares team so that they can help you further.

Once a member from our team responds, we will be reaching out via email to help in re-directing you back for further contact.

Thank you!

Jkalif,
    Thank you for your post and for the information that you have provided us in regards to your Kenmore range. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology that the range did not meet your expectations. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail. After speaking with you and getting some more information, our case manager would then be able to then present the available options to you. We have been provided with your email address and our case manager will make initial contact with you via email. The email will provide you with the direct phone extension and email for the case manager. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Thank you,

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

Thanks, I have not been contacted yet, how long does it typically take?

Still waiting to hear from someone

jkalif,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. Looking into your case, the case manager you’ve been assigned has been attempting to contact you by using the email address you provided. If you would like to provide your phone number, our team will ensure your case manager receives it and contacts you by phone. You can email smadvisor@searshc.com with that information. Please be sure to include your screen name (jkalif) in your email so we can reference your case. Again, we do apologize and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

I too have a kenmore stove that self ignited into a fire that threatened my family and house. Fortunately I was home at the time and was able to cut the house power and put the fire out before it got out of hand. Only mild fire and smoke damage to my kitchen. I currently am told it is not on the recall list and getting nothing from sears except that you can pay to have someone come out and fix it. I bought my Kenmore range in 2007. There is a recall on several Kenmore and Frigidaire stoves for this problem from the CPSC. I am horribly dissappointed with Sears/Kenmore/Electrolux(frigidaires owner) and their customer service. They have done nothing but give me the run around and statements like “Good News! Its not on the recall list!” So I reply with how is that good news for me, they respond, “have a nice day and goodbye”. Their stoves are dangerous and a safety hazard. I have filed with the CPSC #20131115-OEB18-1369236 and the better business bureau #94477450. I feel selling something this dangerous that could have killed my family is something they should take care of and not pretend it didn’t happen. I refuse to pay to have it examined. They refuse to let me bring it to them or send pictures for them to initially evaluate. My next step is to contact the media and see how far I can push public awareness of this.

I too have a kenmore stove that self ignited into a fire that threatened my family and house. Fortunately I was home at the time and was able to cut the house power and put the fire out before it got out of hand. Only mild fire and smoke damage to my kitchen. I currently am told it is not on the recall list and getting nothing from sears except that you can pay to have someone come out and fix it. I bought my Kenmore range in 2007. There is a recall on several Kenmore and Frigidaire stoves for this problem from the CPSC. I am horribly dissappointed with Sears/Kenmore/Electrolux(frigidaires owner) and their customer service. They have done nothing but give me the run around and statements like “Good News! Its not on the recall list!” So I reply with how is that good news for me, they respond, “have a nice day and goodbye”. Their stoves are dangerous and a safety hazard. I have filed with the CPSC #20131115-OEB18-1369236 and the better business bureau #94477450. I feel selling something this dangerous that could have killed my family is something they should take care of and not pretend it didn’t happen. I refuse to pay to have it examined. They refuse to let me bring it to them or send pictures for them to initially evaluate. My next step is to contact the media and see how far I can push public awareness of this.

Hi there, tegreider! Thanks for posting your concerns on The MySears Community today. I am so sorry that you had that issue with your range. I can imagine how scary that must have been! We can get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to look into this for you and will do what they can to assist.

A team member will be by shortly with a response requesting a bit more information. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Tegreider,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your stove. We can truly understand how frustrating this situation has been for you. Per our records, we have reached out to you on a different website and received your information. If you have any questions or concerns, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (tegreider), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

Seriously, is this site just a joke? No one has contacted me and don’t say anyone has tried, Sears has no trouble getting through my email with offers. Unbelievable.

Seriously, is this site just a joke? No one has contacted me and don’t say anyone has tried, Sears has no trouble getting through my email with offers. Unbelievable.

Hey there, jkalif! Thanks for letting us know that you have not been contacted. I am so sorry to hear this! I have sent your comment along to the team-look to hear from someone soon.

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Kenmore oven caught ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in