Chit Chat : Sears Holdings Corporation

• Kmart.com Online Order Gone Wrong and Horrible Customer Service

• On November 8th, 2013 I placed an order (#585658120) online for items that were not available in the store near me. The Delivery ETA was November 12th, 2013 because I had free 2 day shipping. That day came and gone and I never received my items and no tracking info was emailed to me or updated in my account online. This is when the never ending horrible customer service experience comes into play that I am still fighting today….

On 11/12/13 I used the online chat option to check on my order. I was told it was being researched and I would receive a response within 3-5 days.

I never received a response so I called the customer service line at 866.562.7848 on 11/18/13. On my first attempted call I was told the best that could be done was to have my order refunded, wait 3-5 days for the refund and then I could reorder. During this conversation the call was disconnected. I then called back and reached another customer service rep who had no solution to provide and blatantly asked me “What do you want me to do for you?”. A customer service rep should never ask a customer that question, but instead go out of their way to think outside of the box to help the customer and offer a satisfying solution. I asked her if I could speak to a manager. She told me yes and put me on hold. I sat on hold for 30 minutes and a manager never answered. I hung up and then called back again. The 3rd customer service rep I spoke with was a bit more helpful. She looked up the items in the system and told me there were 20+ of each item in stock. She then said she could call the warehouse and speak with someone directly about researching the order. The order was to be researched and I would receive a response via email by the end of the day.

Again, I did not receive a response so I called back the next morning on 11/19/13, and was told that the order was being refunded, I would have to wait 3-5 days for the refund, and then I could reorder. I then asked if I could speak to a manager and was routed to a case manager. She said she could not offer an explanation as to what happened to my order but a 10% discount could be offered to me when reordering these items but I would have to wait until I placed the order and then the discount would be refunded, which seems a bit crazy to me. I asked why my order was not shipped yesterday if the items were in stock and no answer could be provided to me. I was told by her that the system is not accurate and I should not have been told there are items in stock. If the system is not accurate, then what is the point in offering online shopping? How will I ever know if I’ll actually receive an order I place online if there is no confidence in the system?

At this point I asked for a corporate email. I sent an email outlining all of the above and have never received a response from anyone.

I waited 3-5 business days for my refund as I was told and today, 11/26/13, on the 6th business day I still have not received my refund. After many calls back, being told my card was never charged when it was, emailing my bank statement showing the charges, I still have no clue if I’m going to get my refund. The case manager I last spoke with hung up on me. I called back again and was given a corporate number, but when I call they just re-route me to the normal customer service line.

Sears and Kmart have the worst business model I have ever seen in my life and have absolutely no clue how a customer should be treated. My job requires that I provide exceeding customer service and if I treated a customer this way I would expect to be fired. I really wish I had come across this forum before placing an order online. I’m obviously not the first to be treated this way. I’m sure I’ll wait another 3-5 business days and still receive nothing, only to be told to wait another 3-5 business days.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • I have had a similarly terrible online customer service experience. I still have no idea when I might receive the stove I ordered from Sears. I have literally called customer service 10 times (obviously it’s an overseas call center where it’s very difficult to make yourself understood, much less get an answer to anything). I finally went to the local Sears store, an hour away, and they all just sort of shook their heads and said, “Don’t order anything that has to be delivered online.” They called their warehouse people, who I spoke with, and apparently the stove is backordered … or so I’m led to believe right now, who knows what the truth is. I’m sure I could call right now and get different information. I have no idea how to proceed at this point. The customer service people can’t look up your order by the order number, they can’t tell you anything that may or may not happen with your order, they can’t change any information on your order, they can’t confirm anything by e-mail or any other method …. I’m sorry, but WTF?? I find it extremly unlikely that I will ever buy from Sears again, this has been such a frustrating and horrible experience. Sears is going to go out of business for sure with this model of customer service, when, if they invested in their online sales, they might actually save themselves. Not sure what to do next.

Hi there, jennicartwright01! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting today and allowing us the chance to help. I am so sorry to hear you have not received your promised refund. I am sending this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be able to help get this straightened out for you.

A team member will reach out in a bit looking for more information so they can assist. Once this response is posted, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

I have had a similarly terrible online customer service experience. I still have no idea when I might receive the stove I ordered from Sears. I have literally called customer service 10 times (obviously it’s an overseas call center where it’s very difficult to make yourself understood, much less get an answer to anything). I finally went to the local Sears store, an hour away, and they all just sort of shook their heads and said, “Don’t order anything that has to be delivered online.” They called their warehouse people, who I spoke with, and apparently the stove is backordered … or so I’m led to believe right now, who knows what the truth is. I’m sure I could call right now and get different information. I have no idea how to proceed at this point. The customer service people can’t look up your order by the order number, they can’t tell you anything that may or may not happen with your order, they can’t change any information on your order, they can’t confirm anything by e-mail or any other method …. I’m sorry, but WTF?? I find it extremly unlikely that I will ever buy from Sears again, this has been such a frustrating and horrible experience. Sears is going to go out of business for sure with this model of customer service, when, if they invested in their online sales, they might actually save themselves. Not sure what to do next.

Hi seestorliz! Thanks for posting. I know the SearsCares team will be able to look into your order for you, as well. A team member will respond right here shortly looking to help. Once they post, I will notify you via email so you can view the comment.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Jennicartwright01,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your online purchase. We can truly understand how frustrating this issue has been for you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jennicartwright01), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

Seestorliz,

Thank you for the feedback that you have provided us in regards to your recent online purchase experience. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the delays that you have experienced with the delivery of your new stove as well as for the conflicting information that you have been receiving from the various agents that you have dealt with in trying to resolve your concerns. Unfortunately, items do, on occasion, get backordered by the manufacturer without any prior notification. This being said, it is still our responsibility to you, as the consumer, to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information with regards to the status of your order. You should not have to speak to various agents and to have to drive to the local store to find out where your order is. Making a purchase online should be as simple and hassle free as purchasing the item in the store; even easier as you do not have to leave the comfort of your home to place the order. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail. The case manager would be able to get the most up-to-date and accurate information and then to determine what options are available and what the best course of action would be to get the stove into your home as quickly as possible. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Seestorliz), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Thank you,

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

After spamming the corporate email saying someone needed to contact me, I finally got a response from a Social Media Support Case Manager who is supposed to be helping me. It’s horrible to have to go through this. I’ve been in nothing but circles trying to get help. I will never order online again. I’d like to say I won’t shop in the Kmart store, but the employees in the store near me are very nice and always helpful and at least I know I’m getting the product and can easily return with no hassle. I would think that with all of the complaints throughout the online world, SHC would do something to fix their customer service model. You have nothing but trained robots reading from a piece of paper who show no empathy or compassion for the customer.

I have gone through similar circles. I ordered a washer and dryer and they were too large. I then ordered a laundry center. The day came for delivery which was to be between 4:30 and 6:30 pm on Nov. 20th, 2013 and apparently they came early and I was not home. I received at 6:00 pm a computerized phone call telling me that due to the weather or other circumstances I would have to reschedule my delivery. I called to ask what the problem was because I still had a half hour to go. Then I was told that I wasn’t home, made it sound like it was my fault although they set the delivery time.
    I was extremely upset and cancelled this order. I was told that it would be approximately 72 hours then 3 to 5 business days to receive my refund.
    I call today 11/27/2013 and wasted an hour of my time only to be told that they don’t know where I got my information but it was wrong. It would take more like 10 business days to receive my money. I was also reprimanded (by customer service) for not being home when they tried to deliver and they had three descriptions of my home. She said I already answered the question that I asked (where was my money?) and did I have any other questions. I asked if there was anyone there that I could talk to that would explain why I received the wrong information and I was promptly hung up on.
    So now I have to sit and wait for $1,316.49 of my money to be put back into my bank. If someone can help me with customer service and the return of my money I would be extremely grateful.
    Mrs. S Realy

I have gone through similar circles. I ordered a washer and dryer and they were too large. I then ordered a laundry center. The day came for delivery which was to be between 4:30 and 6:30 pm on Nov. 20th, 2013 and apparently they came early and I was not home. I received at 6:00 pm a computerized phone call telling me that due to the weather or other circumstances I would have to reschedule my delivery. I called to ask what the problem was because I still had a half hour to go. Then I was told that I wasn’t home, made it sound like it was my fault although they set the delivery time.
    I was extremely upset and cancelled this order. I was told that it would be approximately 72 hours then 3 to 5 business days to receive my refund.
    I call today 11/27/2013 and wasted an hour of my time only to be told that they don’t know where I got my information but it was wrong. It would take more like 10 business days to receive my money. I was also reprimanded (by customer service) for not being home when they tried to deliver and they had three descriptions of my home. She said I already answered the question that I asked (where was my money?) and did I have any other questions. I asked if there was anyone there that I could talk to that would explain why I received the wrong information and I was promptly hung up on.
    So now I have to sit and wait for $1,316.49 of my money to be put back into my bank. If someone can help me with customer service and the return of my money I would be extremely grateful.
    Mrs. S Realy

Hi sherrirealy! Welcome to MySears! I appreciate you visiting our community today and giving us a chance to make this right for you. I am going to send your issue along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will do what they can to get your refund back to you.

A team member will be by shortly with a response looking to help. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Hi sherrirealy,

We appreciate you taking time to post about your recent experience with delivery and member services, from you what you have described we certainly understand how this has been a disappointing encounter. Please be assured in matters concerning refunds and credits we make every effort to have them processed in as timely a manner as possible. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After reading your post, I am moved to reach out to you to offer our assistance. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (sherrirealy), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and the next available case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for posting about your delivery and refund concerns and member services experience; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Mrs. S Realy

My order was just canceled. When I called the number that was provided, I was told the item I had purchased was “out of stock”, it did not say that online. I go back to check the item on the site and still has “add to cart”. But I’m told it’s out of stock. I lost my SYWR points also. Thank you, Sears Holding Company!

Forums Chit Chat Sears Holdings Corpo... Kmart.com Online Ord...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in