Chit Chat : Deals and Savings

• Lost my deal and didn't get some savings!

• Spent a lot of time looking at appliances in front of Black Friday this year. Settled on 3 major appliances that we wanted. Decided to purchase a higher end range and dishwasher, then wait for the rewards points and purchase the matching microwave. I inquired over the web if Sears would adjust price to match a competitor, they offered to discount the price another 10%, which I agreed to. Then they said that I would have to pay the 10% but that it would get credited back to me in 3-4 days. No problem, I’ll have my points by then and the sale price will still be good on the microwave. So I copy and save the chat session just for clarity.
    Ha! A week goes by and no credit back yet. Second chat agent said that I was given bad info and that the credit would take 7-10 days. To make it worse I find out the sale price went down 10% the next day anyway, so the agent didn’t do me any favors and it was actually worse because I was out the 10% tied up as a credit.
    Here I am 2 full weeks later and no credit in site and to make it worse the sale price has expired and it’s an additional $200 I’ll have to pay for the microwave on top of some my rewards points expiring as I wait for this mess to clear up. Better yet, now I am told it’s not a credit being applied to my card, it’s a new gift card I am waiting on but no word on what address it’s going to or tracking info.
    After 25+ years of buying from Sears, I feel let down in a huge way. Feels like a really good friend has stolen something of value from me. Might be time to walk away and leave the chip on my shoulder right here.

Sad day.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, john-e-b! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your appliance order. I am sorry to hear it is not going as promised. I am going to pass your comments along to the SearsCares team. They can get this straightened out for you.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they post, I will notify you via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

Hello, john-e-b

Please accept our apologies with the challenges surrounding your recent purchase made with us. We value your business very much and would like to help you. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We certainly understand how the lack of communication would add to your distress. I realize how upsetting it must feel to have not received the credit you were expecting. We would like to offer our assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (john-e-b), to smadvisor@searshc.com and will contact you directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Mina H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

I’ve sent along this information, not sure when to expect a response based on the request above but I have supplied all information requested.

Thanks

Weeks later and no signs of a direct human response. Sad.

Weeks later and no signs of a direct human response. Sad.

Dear john-e-b,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in contacting you to help resolve your credit issue. My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations Team. In researching your case, I have found that we’ve never received your contact information. This was no fault of yours, of course, but due to technical difficulties we had with our system. We’d like to ask you to resend your contact information and a dedicated Case Manager will contact you as soon as possible. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (john-e-b) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

It’s still a train wreck. I decided to contact the customer service number provided at one point and did establish that the credits were missing again. The service representative acknowledged all of the issues then said they were going to apply a new credit on my original rewards gift card. I thought I was home free as she said everything was pre-approved and it would be just 10 days. I got a letter in the mail that original credits that were mailed were nullified and that the credit that was going to be applied back to my rewards card is now going to be mailed again. It was two appliance purchases so it will end up being two separate gift cards I am waiting for.
    I received one of the gift cards last week and have not gotten the second yet after another 14 days it seems I am barely closer than where I started.

It’s still a train wreck. I decided to contact the customer service number provided at one point and did establish that the credits were missing again. The service representative acknowledged all of the issues then said they were going to apply a new credit on my original rewards gift card. I thought I was home free as she said everything was pre-approved and it would be just 10 days. I got a letter in the mail that original credits that were mailed were nullified and that the credit that was going to be applied back to my rewards card is now going to be mailed again. It was two appliance purchases so it will end up being two separate gift cards I am waiting for.
    I received one of the gift cards last week and have not gotten the second yet after another 14 days it seems I am barely closer than where I started.

Thanks for the update, john-e-b. I escalated your feedback to your case manager.

Hello john-e-b,

We are sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. I can certainly understand your frustration. I will forward your post onto your case manager regarding your gift card and request a follow up call.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat Deals and Savings Lost my deal and did...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in