Chit Chat : Current Affairs

• More stores closing

• I am a retired sears associate and have found out that 2 more of the stores that I worked at are closing, Findlay, Ohio and Columbus , Indiana. Sears will never increase if you continue to close stores. I was totally shocked when you announced the closing of the Lexington, Kentucky store. Sears customers buy merchandise at these locations to expect sears to be there to service their products only to find out that sears is leaving their area. How many
    sears stores are you closing this spring. You are destroying your customer base and customers confidence that you will be there if they buy your products. Sears is not the same company that it was before Kmart took over. You need to start giving customer service in the stores and not cutting payroll. Customers want fast checkouts not just one checkout in soft lines.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • One if the poorest run of all big retail store companies. It appears to me they are just using the Sears name and grasping at straws as to how to run a retail establishment this large. They are absolutely killing the Sears name and seemingly they don’t care. At one time, not so very long ago, they had the best in everything from appliances, to tools and clothes. Instead of just simply being Sears, they are trying to be something they are not!

As another retiree I wish Sears all the best, but maybe a change in ownership is needed(?). Maybe the employees need to have a bigger say?

As a former employee of Sears Roebuck and Co I can say that this is not Sears anymore. It is Kmart “upscale” I actually had an employee, when asked about the “Satisfaction Guaranteed or your Money Back” policy of Sears that “Some customers cannot be satisfied” The ideals of customer service and satisfaction have been replaced with the K Mart attitude that the customer is not important.

Sears Roebuck and Company was based on providing quality products and service to customers. K Mart started out as SS Kresge, which was what was called at the time a five and dime store. They had lower quality items, priced at a discount.

Sears has adopted the discounter philosophy when it comes to customer service and quality, but still is charging full price. I drove by the local Sears store on the Saturday before Christmas. The entire shopping center appeared busy, with most lots full. The parking area by Sears was the exception, there were more empty spaces than there were cars in the lot.

It saddens me to see a once great company be reduced to an afterthought. Many will remember how Montgomery Ward lost customers when they quit providing the service that those customers expected. I see Sears following the same path.

Sears is absolutely terrible. For the cost of a Costco membership, one can purchase and rest assured that they will NEVER encounter issues. They have a few items that have return limitations of 90 days, but for the products that they share in common with Sears – there is no reason to purchase here. Costco comes with a wonderful concierge service.

I came in to replace a Kenmore washer. The salesman sold me a washer that was the “same size.” It was NOT the same size. After contacting Sears customer service, I was told I would be receiving 100% refund including delivery and all added fees. My refund should have been the exact same as the purchase price.

After countless calls, there is nobody who can help. There is a run-around from department to department and each one tells me the next can help me.

The bottom line is I have wasted 8 weeks of time, trips to the store, and am still out of pocket for the promised refund.

I used to be a Kenmore fan. I have no clue when Sears became this bad.

Sears is absolutely terrible. For the cost of a Costco membership, one can purchase and rest assured that they will NEVER encounter issues. They have a few items that have return limitations of 90 days, but for the products that they share in common with Sears – there is no reason to purchase here. Costco comes with a wonderful concierge service.

I came in to replace a Kenmore washer. The salesman sold me a washer that was the “same size.” It was NOT the same size. After contacting Sears customer service, I was told I would be receiving 100% refund including delivery and all added fees. My refund should have been the exact same as the purchase price.

After countless calls, there is nobody who can help. There is a run-around from department to department and each one tells me the next can help me.

The bottom line is I have wasted 8 weeks of time, trips to the store, and am still out of pocket for the promised refund.

I used to be a Kenmore fan. I have no clue when Sears became this bad.

Hi there, exerc1! Thanks for posting on MySears today. The SearCares team will be by in a bit to help get that refund taken care of for you. Once they post, I will notify you via an email which includes a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

Dear exerc1,

We are sorry to hear the troubles you are having with your refund. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We can understand the disappointment with the failed communication in receiving your full credit for your washer. We apologize for the customer service experience and we would like to further assist with your concerns. Please send the following information – contact information and screen name (exerc1) to smadvisor@searshc.com. We appreciate you taking the time in letting us know about your issue and look forward speaking with you.

Thank you

Mina H
    MySears Community Moderator

Well that is how business works, ship your customer service to another country and **** off all your customers who cannot understand broken English. Make things as hard on your customers as you can and provide no support = bye bye been nice but your a shell of your former self Sears. I was a 20 year customer and after my utterly disastrous Sears experience I wont miss you!

Forums Chit Chat Current Affairs More stores closing

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in