Community : News & Feature Announcements

• NEWSFLASH! DO NOT SHOP AT SEARS

• I recently placed a refrigerator on layaway. I made all the payments on time. Despite my payments, Sears cancelled my layaway contract citing “multiple missed payments”. It took me over a week of persistent follow-up to get the issue resolved and the resolution was simply, “Oops, we made a mistake. So sorry” So then I scheduled the delivery of my refrigerator for Nov 18th. On October 30, I received 10 voicemails from Sears delivery, 3 from a guy who said he was outside my house trying to deliver the fridge! When I called to explain that Sears made yet another mistake, the customer service representative told me that in fact the refrigerator wasn’t even available from the manufacturer yet, so they wouldn’t be able to deliver it until Nov 2nd. WHAT?!?! If it isn’t available from the manufacturer yet, how were they outside my house with it yesterday? This whole experience has been a nightmare from day 1. With today’s competitive retail market, and the incredible technology available, there is no excuse for this poor service. I have zero confidence in Sears now and Sears will not get any of my business (and there will be a lot I need to buy since I just built a house!). I stay STEER CLEAR!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Welcome, jennifer.dilley! Thanks for taking the time to share the problems you have had with your fridge delivery and purchase, allowing us the opportunity to get this straightened out for you. I am so sorry that you have had such troubles with your order. It sounds very frustrating! The SearsCares team will be able to work with you on getting this resolved.

A team member will visit in a bit to help. Once a response is posted, I will let you know via email and include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

Dear jennifer.dilley,

We thank you for reaching out to us regarding this situation. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the conflicting information provided to you in reference to the delivery of your refrigerator. We understand how frustrating this is for you to find out that your layaway refrigerator was cancelled due to our internal error. We’d like to have one of our dedicated case managers reach out to you who would be able to look into this and assist with the delivery of your refrigerator. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jennifer.dilley), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Community News & Feature ... NEWSFLASH! DO NOT S...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in