Interests & Hobbies : Fitness/Working Out

• Paleo Diet

• Anyone embracing the Paleo lifestyle? I have heard a lot about it and wonder if anyone here has gone Paleo. If so, what do you love about the diet and what do you struggle with?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • I have been an advocate for years. Love it.

What’s the Paleo diet all about?

What’s the Paleo diet all about?

From http://thepaleodiet.com/:

“The Paleo Diet is based upon everyday, modern foods that mimic the food groups of our pre-agricultural, hunter-gatherer ancestors. The following seven fundamental characteristics of hunter-gatherer diets will help to optimize your health, minimize your risk of chronic disease, and lose weight.

-Higher protein intake
    -Lower carbohydrate intake and lower glycemic index
    -Higher fiber intake
    -Moderate to higher fat intake dominated by monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats with balanced Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats
    -Higher potassium and lower sodium intake
    -Net dietary alkaline load that balances dietary acid
    -Higher intake of, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and plant phytochemicals”

I’ve heard the diet described as the ‘caveman diet’ as well, eating as our early ancestors did.

So, it’s similar to the Atkin’s diet?

Fatty foods and lack of exercise caused fatness and weight gain. Avoid all fatty food like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. Go for walking, running and cycling. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in