Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• Property Damage due to defective dishwasher

• Dear Chief Executive Officer, Sears Inc. Hoffman Estates, IL We have purchased a Kenmore dishwasher with an extended warranty/service plan. The dishwasher never worked correctly from day one and we keep calling service to repair that but Sears never replaced it when we asked them due to repeated problems. On April 22, 2013, we woke up with smoke alarm blaring in our house around midnight. We evacuated the house and my wife called 911. The Fire department detected and confirmed that dishwasher leaked into our basement and as water gets into smoke alarm it goes off. Since the dishwasher was still under extended warranty we called Sears and after repeated attempts filed a claim with Sedgwick Claims Management Services which handles the claim for Sears. Someone from Sears came to identify and confirm the leaking of dishwasher part and replaced it. We’re told to provide the estimates of repair and details of claim which we did. The malfunctioning part was sent to the manufacturer of dishwasher – Whirlpool for further investigation. At this point Sedgwick stopped responding to my inquiries and I was asked to work with Ms. Carolyn H **** at Whirlpool. Ms. **** took all the information from me and the defective part and sent the part to component manufacturer and gave me a number (317) 2**-1*** of Mr. Christopher M**** of Monday Jones & Albright to make further inquiries there. After repeated attempts, Mr. M**** sent a letter stating that the component manufacturer believes the stress caused during delivery or installation caused the part to crack and it did not occur during manufacture. I have called and sent emails repeatedly to Mr. M**** and Ms. **** but I have received no reply from them. The total cost of damages that I paid from my own pocket to be $4039.04. I believe Sears is responsible for the damage that is caused by a defective dishwasher and Sears must pay me the money that I spent on repairs to my home. I would trust you Sir, that you’d do the right thing and help me resolve this issue which is open for 7 months now. I can be reached at z***@gmail.com or at 612-2**-3*** The claim number with Sedgwick is L1304225068-0001. The claim number with Whirlpool is 13-ADC-131829. Thanks, Zulfiqar *** z***@gmail.com 6**-2**-3***

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, zali01! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for reaching out on our community today! I am sorry you are having such a hard time with that damage claim. I am going to pass this thread along to SearsCares, along with the contact information you provided.

Look to hear from a team member shortly both directly and here on the site.

Thank you!

FYI-I did remove your contact information from publicly appearing on the site for your security.

Hello zali01,

We thank you for informing us about this matter. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to assist you with your damage claim concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Haley Raines), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

Hello Dianne,

Thanks for quick follow-up.
    I have sent the phone number used to purchase the dishwasher to Haley R. at smadvisor@searshc.com.

Looking forward to hear from someone to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Hello Dianne,

After initial contact I’m still waiting to hear that how and when this issue is going to be resolved. Please let me know when can I expect a response from you.

Thanks

Hello Dianne,

After initial contact I’m still waiting to hear that how and when this issue is going to be resolved. Please let me know when can I expect a response from you.

Thanks

Hi, zali01. Thanks for sharing this update. I escalated your feedback to your case manager.

Thanks again for reaching out!

Hi zali01,

We appreciate your follow up inquiry; we apologize for any delays in communication. With matters pertaining to damage claims Sedgwick usually assigns a claims manager who works closely with our Social Media case manager. We will forward your post to your case manager for follow up contact. Thank you for your patience as we work toward helping address and resolve your inquiry.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Kmart Social Media Support

I just heard back from one of your representative and he’s giving me another round of run-around by suggesting that I talk to manufacturer – whirlpool!!!
    It is incredibly pathetic state of affairs that you continue to point fingers at each other (Sears to Whirlpool and Whirlpool to Sears) and we the consumers who pay their hard earned money to buy your products that end up causing more damage then providing their intended service. I’m giving you one more chance to resolve this matter in a decent and amicable manner and pay for the damage caused to my property and prove that you’re a company that really cares about its customers and stand by their products. Let me know once you are ready to resolve this matter to my satisfaction.

Thanks for your feedback, zali01! I am sorry this is not working out to your expectations. I have sent your latest comment along to your case manager.

We appreciate your continued updates.

Thanks!

zali01,

We’re sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. We’ll ensure your case manager receives your message.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

Hello there,
    I have tried everything to resolve this matter in a decent manner but apparently Sears don’t know or understand decent. So to pursue further legal and regulatory action, I would like to ask you that please return the defective part back to me at the earliest possible time. You have shown that you have no intention of resolving this matter and it is laughable when the case manager is offering me a 15% discount on future Sears purchase for my loss of $4000 due to defective products you’re pedaling in your stores.

Please send me the defective part ASAP. Thanks.

Forums Community Report Bugs & T... Property Damage due ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in