Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Repair service going downhill?

• I’ve always been very happy with Sears’ appliance repair service in the past. No matter what brand or situation, they’ve dealt with it. The service technicians or whatever their title is have always impressed me with the experience and expertise. And they were usually on time, and always called in the morning to tell me where I was in the queue and when to expect them.

Until today. Today I had an appointment to repair our dryer. It was for sometime 8:00 AM to Noon. No show so I called and was told that my message would be passed on to the dispatching department. Uh oh, that’s a bad sign when the person who talks to the customer is not setup to actually correct a problem like this.

I was told they would definitely be there by 2:00 and would call first. 2:00 rolls around, no call, no show. After hanging out at the house waiting for the last 6 hours I have obligations that require I be absent, so I call back and ask to be rescheduled for the first appointment in the morning.

Again I’m told that request will be passed on to the dispatching or routing or whatever department, and that I will receive a call from the technician very soon. Guess what, no call.

Then I’m asked if I am a homeowner and if I would like an in home consultation to look at updating or remodeling my kitchen or bathroom. Great timing for that pitch! (not)

I currently have no idea what to do with this repair, what is happening with it, and don’t know how to reschedule. When I try online I am informed I need to call. When I call….I don’t get a callback to reschedule (and again, I’ll just point out how non-customer-focused it is that the only person who can talk to a customer can’t do something as simple as reschedule an appointment)

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, patja! Thanks so much for posting your concerns today on The MySears Community. I am glad to hear you have had such good experiences with the Home Service team in the past. That is great feedback. I am sorry that today was the exception for you. The SearsCares team will be happy to discuss this with you, and will be sure to get you rescheduled, along with follow up with you to confirm you are taken care of.

A team member will be by in a bit requesting more information from you so they can directly reach out. Once they post, I will notify you via email with a link back to this thread, so you can get the ball rolling on a resolution.

Thanks!

Dear patja,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We’re sorry that we’ve let you down with your dryer repair. We strive to provide top notch service to all of our customer’s and would like to offer our assistance to help resolve this situation. We understand how valuable your time is and are happy to help expedite your rescheduled dryer service appointment. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (patja) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Repair service going...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in