Community : How to Use Forums/FAQs

• Sears Auto Care Nightmare After Halloween!!!

• On November 2, 2013 I went to the Sears Auto Center (Case # 1870726) located at 9411 Greenwood Ave in Niles, Il 60714. I went there to take my vehicle in order for them to mount my winter tires & rims. After waiting a half hour an individual came up to me who presented himself as the manager of the store and informed me that his mechanic broke my wheel lock and had a difficult time removing the tires from my vehicle. (The manager admitted that the mechanic should’ve known better and not have attempted to remove the wheel if it would’ve caused damaged.) He then suggested, I order or get another wheel lock on my own. I was like excuse me sir? Your mechanic was negligent in the first place by breaking my lock and you want me to pay and go out and get another one to fix the damage that your mechanic did in the first place? The manager did suggest that he would later on get one for me to replace the damage piece.

The manager then stated he didn’t have time to dedicate his workers to fix this problem and informed me to leave and come back another day. He smiled and said sorry if it feels like I’m throwing you out, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DID! I was like are you kidding me? I’m a head of every other customer, you have my vehicle on the rack and you can’t dedicate time to fix the problem your mechanic caused in the first place. The manager said having a vehicle on rack for long periods cost the store money. After complaining, he said come on Monday and will see what we can do and gave me my keys without a new wheel lock which they broke!!!

Very unprofessional behavior and experience at this Sears Auto Center location. I called Sears Customer Support # and was told that the individual who claimed was the manager was in fact NOT THE MANAGER BUT THE ASSISTANT MANAGER!!! In other words, I was lied too and a Sears representative misrepresented himself to me the customer! Totally unacceptable!!!

I am asking that a senior Sears representative, district manager or regional manager or Mr. Edward Lampert’s CEO himself take care of this situation by contacting the REAL MANAGER of Sears Auto Care and have this situation corrected and fixed in a professional manner that every customer is entitled. If Sears wants to remain in business and competitive in the 21st century, they need to create a high level of customer experience & satisfaction if they wish to retain loyal customers.

Respectfully,

Mr. Bermudez
    Case # 1870726

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your automotive service, I can see how upsetting this could be since you car was still up on racks.

Your concerns have been escalated to our Sears Cares team to help you further on this issue. Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back for further contact.

Again we appreciate you taking the time in sharing your experience with us so that we can help in making it right.

Thank you!

Dear amesmrb,

Thank you for posting about this situation/issue. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the problems encountered at one of our auto centers in reference to the broken wheel lock as well as the level of customer service rendered to you. We’d like to look into this and have one of our dedicated case managers reach out to you and advocate on your behalf to make sure this issue is resolved. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (amesmrb), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

UPDATED

After contacting Sears, I was contacted by customer service rep within an hour and assured me that everything would be taken care of. The actual manager, and district manager would be informed of the situation. As I walked in to Sears Auto Center todsy Monday, my vehicle was quickly taken care of, winter tires and rims mounted with no problem and a replacement wheel lock key given to replace the damage one Sears caused. Finally, my vehicle was ready and all for free of charge. Talk about a complete 360 degree turn in customer service. This is the type of service I shouldve received on Saturday rather then having to contact Sears service to report this incident. Overall, I’m very impressed with the quick level of support I received from Sears and would like to thank them for fixing this problem to my satisfaction. My faith in Sears has been renewed and I’m glad to know that Sears stands behind their customers in ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Good job Sears A+ in my eyes!
    Case # 1871715

Respectfully,
    Mr. Bermudez

UPDATED

After contacting Sears, I was contacted by customer service rep within an hour and assured me that everything would be taken care of. The actual manager, and district manager would be informed of the situation. As I walked in to Sears Auto Center todsy Monday, my vehicle was quickly taken care of, winter tires and rims mounted with no problem and a replacement wheel lock key given to replace the damage one Sears caused. Finally, my vehicle was ready and all for free of charge. Talk about a complete 360 degree turn in customer service. This is the type of service I shouldve received on Saturday rather then having to contact Sears service to report this incident. Overall, I’m very impressed with the quick level of support I received from Sears and would like to thank them for fixing this problem to my satisfaction. My faith in Sears has been renewed and I’m glad to know that Sears stands behind their customers in ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Good job Sears A+ in my eyes!
    Case # 1871715

Respectfully,
    Mr. Bermudez

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for the update. I am glad to hear your local Sears Auto took such good care of you.

Forums Community How to Use Forums/FA... Sears Auto Care Nigh...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in