Ask an Expert : Appliance Repair

• Sears Delivery and follow-up service problem

• I’ve been avoiding this but after four months of phone calls I have finally had enough and need to express my impressions of Sears Delivery and service. To start- what we are looking for is $250.00 to replace the dryer pedestal that they took without permission. Our issues began on July 9 when my Kenmore Elite dryer, which was less than 8 years, old stopped working. Being a single woman who is not very “electronically inclined” I was not equipped to repair this myself for those that think I should. I called Sears and was told that the Premium Protection Plan for $200 would cover any service visits and parts replacement so I purchased it. Ok, so they sent a guy out twice. The first visit he opened the control panel and I think he cleaned it out, jiggled some wires and voila the dryer started. We ran one load and “surprise” it stopped never to start again. The second trip out the tech said it was the control panel and they would order a new one and he’d be back in two weeks after it arrived…. that’s when the waiting began. The part was “on back order” from the manufacturer. For three months we were told the order will now be in several weeks later for 3 months. When they finally told us the part won’t be in until after January, after speaking to the representative and being told it was unlikely the part would be available anytime soon, we decide this obviously isn’t going to happen. Now we go to Sears and order a new dryer, hopefully this one will last longer than 8 years. The protection plan allows a credit of $500 for replacement which is actually $300 (since I paid $200 for the plan) Ok free money so I’m happy with that. After discussing the situation, the delivery was on time on the date promised but the delivery man refused to take the dryer off the pedestal (which costs about $250) and leave it behind. My boyfriend was home for delivery and the driver told him that they don’t or won’t remove the dryer from the pedestal. He would either take everything or we can figure out how to dispose of the dryer ourselves. He takes both old dryer and pedestal, so I immediately call Sears delivery and express my dissatisfaction and they promise to return my pedestal that day. Didn’t happen, called back again and was told they’d be back the next day–didn’t happen. On the third day I called again and was then told that the pedestal was never retrieved from the truck and has been dumped. So I escalate to manager and am told they will process the claim and get me reimbursement or replacement. Okay so still hoping that such a huge company would stand by their service and respect their customers enough to get this handled without much more aggravation–no such luck. I received a call from the delivery company’s claim department Excel Delivery Service and was told that the warehouse workers were threatening to quit and are stating that they never promised to return the dryer pedestal so they can’t help me and would escalate the claim to Sears. Getting tired now but okay, one more try. I then receive a voice mail message from Sears Claims department saying that we are escalating to the delivery company claims department…”UGH!” Sears claims are handled by another company and after having trouble reaching my claims person I think I’ve found someone to help but am still waiting to hear back from her. I just cannot believe that Sears has any customers with the experience that I’ve had. I hope the end is in sight.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

Welcome to the MySears Forum!

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with receiving a new pedestal!

To help you further on this issue I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they can look into this issue for you and to help in resolving.

Once our team responds I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back so that you may provide the requested contact information to be assisted further.

Thank you!

Dear Liseit,

We are sorry that your dryer repair was handled in this manner, and apologize for the on-going problems you have encountered since your new dryer was delivered. This is not the level of customer service that Sears has long prided itself on delivering. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We would like the chance to look into the concerns you have brought to our attention, and discuss some options we might have to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Liseit), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

Did you ever receive a resolution?

Forums Ask an Expert Appliance Repair Sears Delivery and f...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in