Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Sears Online Customer Service Experience By Far the Worst I Have Ever Dealt With

• Hello – I just thought I would share my experience with Sears Online and their customer service team in an effort to prevent anyone from experiencing the frustration I have gone through over the past six weeks.

On September 9th, I placed and order with Sears online for 2 Gladiator Garage Works Gear Shelves (Sears Item# 00959447000). My order shipped promptly and was delivered by UPS the following day. The only problem was that Sears shipped me 2 pieces of their Versatrack (Item # 00910124000P) instead of the shelves I ordered.

On September 10th, I immediately got on the phone and spoke with a customer service rep. She informed me that while she was sorry for the mix-up, but that she did not have the authority to priority reship me the correct items so that I would have them when I needed them. According to this rep, my only recourse was to drive 40 miles to the nearest Sears store to re-buy the shelves and for that she would issue me a $20 credit and send me return shipping labels. Once I shipped back the wrong parts, I would be credited with the full amount of the purchase.

After waiting more than a week, I never received the promised shipping labels. I called back Sears Customer service and spoke with another rep (who was obviously outside of the US based on his thick accent). After being on the phone for a very long time explaining my issues, he assured me that he would send me the return shipping labels. I clearly explained that there were two boxes and that I would need two shipping labels. After a few days, I received one label. I had to once again get on the phone, explain my entire story again to a totally different rep. After a few days I did finally receive the second return label. Both of the incorrect packages containing the Verstrack were returned to Sears via UPS. I have the confirmation emails to prove they were delivered.

After several more days, I noticed that I still had not received my refund. Once again, I called Sears customer service to find out why. This time, I actually spoke with someone in the US. After having to explain my issues all over again, she promised me that she would issue me a refund immediately. Below is the email I received on Oct 3rd, nearly a month ago.

Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:13 AM
    To: jbtremble@comcast.net
    Subject: Sears.com

Dear Mr. Tremble,

Thank you for your order with sears.com!

In regard to order number 557526487, a credit in the amount of $83.98 was issued to your account today. This credit was issued for wrong item product return. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This credit should be viewable by your financial institution within 72 hours. If you have any questions, please contact your financial institution after that period to verify receipt of the credit to your account. Please note, your financial institution may have processing guidelines for posting credits that may impact the time it takes for the credit to be reflected in your balance.

If you have any comments or questions, please e-mail us at order@customerservice.sears.com or call us at 1-800-283-6940. We hope you visit us again soon at http://www.sears.com.

Sincerely,

Jessica

Sears Online Customer Care

As if October 26, more than 3 weeks after I was promised that the refund would be issued that day, I still did not have a refund. Once again, I called Sears Customer service, and once again had to explain my story to yet another rep who I could barely understand. Once again, I was promised that a refund would be issued immediately, but here we are several days later and there is still no refund.

I really don’t know where to go from here. Everyone I speak with promises to take care of my problem, but no one does. It’s really not that complicated and we are talking about a refund that is less than $100. What truly amazes me is that over the past 6 weeks, I have spoken with at least 6 members of the Customer Service team, and none of them have been able to fix a simple problem. One or two bad apples I can understand, but when you are 6 for 6 for incompetence, that takes effort and planning.

If there is anyone competent in the Sears Online Customer Service team that might be able to help me get back my $83.98, please feel free to contact me.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Reposted to try and get the formatting to work to make it more readable

Hello – I just thought I would share my experience with Sears Online and their customer service team in an effort to prevent anyone from experiencing the frustration I have gone through over the past six weeks.

On September 9th, I placed and order with Sears online for 2 Gladiator Garage Works Gear Shelves (Sears Item# 00959447000). My order shipped promptly and was delivered by UPS the following day. The only problem was that Sears shipped me 2 pieces of their Versatrack (Item # 00910124000P) instead of the shelves I ordered.

On September 10th, I immediately got on the phone and spoke with a customer service rep. She informed me that while she was sorry for the mix-up, but that she did not have the authority to priority reship me the correct items so that I would have them when I needed them. According to this rep, my only recourse was to drive 40 miles to the nearest Sears store to re-buy the shelves and for that she would issue me a $20 credit and send me return shipping labels. Once I shipped back the wrong parts, I would be credited with the full amount of the purchase.

After waiting more than a week, I never received the promised shipping labels. I called back Sears Customer service and spoke with another rep (who was obviously outside of the US based on his thick accent). After being on the phone for a very long time explaining my issues, he assured me that he would send me the return shipping labels. I clearly explained that there were two boxes and that I would need two shipping labels. After a few days, I received one label. I had to once again get on the phone, explain my entire story again to a totally different rep. After a few days I did finally receive the second return label. Both of the incorrect packages containing the Verstrack were returned to Sears via UPS. I have the confirmation emails to prove they were delivered.

After several more days, I noticed that I still had not received my refund. Once again, I called Sears customer service to find out why. This time, I actually spoke with someone in the US. After having to explain my issues all over again, she promised me that she would issue me a refund immediately. Below is the email I received on Oct 3rd, nearly a month ago.

Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:13 AM
    To: jbtremble@comcast.net
    Subject: Sears.com

Dear Mr. Tremble,

Thank you for your order with sears.com!

In regard to order number 557526487, a credit in the amount of $83.98 was issued to your account today. This credit was issued for wrong item product return. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This credit should be viewable by your financial institution within 72 hours. If you have any questions, please contact your financial institution after that period to verify receipt of the credit to your account. Please note, your financial institution may have processing guidelines for posting credits that may impact the time it takes for the credit to be reflected in your balance.

If you have any comments or questions, please e-mail us at order@customerservice.sears.com or call us at 1-800-283-6940. We hope you visit us again soon at http://www.sears.com.

Sincerely,

Jessica

Sears Online Customer Care

As if October 26, more than 3 weeks after I was promised that the refund would be issued that day, I still did not have a refund. Once again, I called Sears Customer service, and once again had to explain my story to yet another rep who I could barely understand. Once again, I was promised that a refund would be issued immediately, but here we are several days later and there is still no refund.

I really don’t know where to go from here. Everyone I speak with promises to take care of my problem, but no one does. It’s really not that complicated and we are talking about a refund that is less than $100. What truly amazes me is that over the past 6 weeks, I have spoken with at least 6 members of the Customer Service team, and none of them have been able to fix a simple problem. One or two bad apples I can understand, but when you are 6 for 6 for incompetence, that takes effort and planning.

If there is anyone competent in the Sears Online Customer Service team that might be able to help me get back my $83.98, please feel free to contact me.

Hi there, jbtremble! Welcome to MySears! We appreciate you taking the time to share you experience with us. I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time receiving your promised refund. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team. You will be assigned a case manager who will be your one point of contacting following up on this refund for you.

A team member will be by shortly requesting more information so you can directly be assisted. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can see the reply right away.

Thanks!

Dear jbtremble,

My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. We’d like to thank you for posting about the issues you are having with receiving credit for your recent online order. In addition, please accept our apologies for the poor customer service you’ve received regarding this situation. We’d like to look into this situation further and offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can discuss possible options to resolve this issue. We value your business and want to help expedite your refund. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (jbtremble) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

Susan R

I wrote an lengthy complaint about not having hot water for over a month after purchasing a new hot water heater. I am a senior and it is now a serious health issue. I did not get an email confirmation and I am worried that you did not receive it. PLEASE inform me how I can reach you or someone that can help me right away. I have gone through exhausting efforts trying to get assistance. My phone # is 5**-7**-7***.

Thank you

Susan R

I wrote an lengthy complaint about not having hot water for over a month after purchasing a new hot water heater. I am a senior and it is now a serious health issue. I did not get an email confirmation and I am worried that you did not receive it. PLEASE inform me how I can reach you or someone that can help me right away. I have gone through exhausting efforts trying to get assistance. My phone # is 5**-7**-7***.

Thank you

Hi louisianlinklady! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today. I will send this along to the SearsCares team. They will be in touch soon, either through your email or the phone number provided.

I did remove your phone number from publicly appearing on the site, for your security.

Thanks!

Dear louisianlinklady,

We appreciate you letting us know about this situation. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry to hear about the problems with your water heater. We can see how frustrating this could be for you and your family not having hot water after purchasing a new water heater. We have your contact information and forward it to our case management team to have a case manager contact you so you can be assisted in this matter. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.

11/08/2013 – SEARS.com – not forthcoming with placing orders online!

I selected a Samsung 40″ Television at Sears.com. I chose the model that was available and IN STOCK at the local Sears mall location specifically because I wanted to bring it home after work on a Friday night. I entered my debit card information on the website and hit submit. My confirmation page appeared and it clearly stated as copied below:

⦁ Next Steps for Pickup:
    ⦁ 1
    ⦁ Wait for your “Order is Ready for Pick Up” email
    ⦁ 2
    ⦁ Bring your purchasing credit card and the “Order is Ready for Pick Up” email to the store
    ⦁ MILLCREEK MALL
    ⦁ 800 MILLCREEK MALL
    ⦁ ERIE, PA 16565-0801
    ⦁ (814) 866-4255

In addition, I selected the check box to receive a text message informing me when the ready would be ready for pickup.

I went to work, confidant that everything was in order and I would be bringing home my new television. I was under the assumption that all contact would be made via email and text message.

One, two, three, four, five hours into work and no email from Sears.com. I contacted my daughter at home and she’d heard nothing either. I called the Millcreek Mall store and a search for my phone number or order number produced nothing. I went and got my cell out and there was the message: I needed to contact SEARS.com in 72 hours to verify my credit card. Never mind that I was asked to provide my credit card AND confirmation email to the local store upon pickup…… After 3 transfers to another department I was connected to the credit verification department. They wanted me to verify my information…. verbally – over the phone to an unknown foreign entity. Not feeling comfortable with this, I chose to cancel my order.

I checked my bank statement an hour later and the Preauthorized Account Hold for $430.00 and the extra $50.00 over the exact order price still remains on my account. After calling 3 different numbers and being refereed to the Sears National Customer Relations number I am STILL angry to realize that the account hold will remain on my account for 3-5 business days.

The Sears National Customer Relations number has nothing to do with customer relations. They repeatedly say I’m sorry in an insincere tone and repeatedly tell you there’s nothing they can do. The second after you submit your order on SEARS.com your bank account is held with a pre-authorized debit, but SEARS is unable remove that hold just as quickly as it is added. \

This is AMERICA and that is theft. I didn’t receive my product and they are using my money for 3-5 days. Making matters worse, these customer relations people aren’t even located in the USA.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SEARS OR SEARS.COM – BUYER BEWARE

Tammy B.
    Erie, PA (8**) **0-9***

Hi Tammy,

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us in the MySears Forum. I am very sorry to hear of the issue that you had while trying to purchase your item and waiting on your refund.

To help with this issue I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they look into your refund status for you. Once they respond, they will be requesting additional information that will be given to a dedicated case manager to work with you further.

I will be reaching out via email once a response post to re-direct you for further contact.

Please also note that you personal information has been removed for your security. This information has been sent to our Sears Cares team.

Thank you!

Tammy,

Thank you for informing us of this situation. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We’re sorry for the trouble with your order and would like to have a case manager contact you directly to discuss this situation and assist in addressing any other concerns you may have. We will forward the contact info you provided but if this is not the best way to reach you, please send an email to smadvisor@searshc.com with the correct contact info along with your screen name (belden001). We look forward to talking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Sears Online Custome...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in