Community : How to Use Forums/FAQs

• Sears Repair Service Non Existent

• It all began on November 26 (took a vacation day), the technician came to repair my washing machine. He fixed the lid however, now the timer on the machine does not work; it just fills up with water and does not agitate. Called Sears, got one of their “Global Customer Service Agents”, made an appointment, took a vacation day from work, tech did not show up at scheduled time. Tried again, another vacation day, tech called me and let me know he was sick and could not come. This past Saturday, had an appointment…it snowed…appointment canceled. Was told by the customer care agent, I can assure you, Tuesday morning between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM a technician will be at your home. Got a robocall and wast advised I was the first appointment and the tech will be there shortly. First appointment! I presumed someone would be here before 7:30 AM. Called 800/469.4663 three times,was told the tech would be there shortly, all liars. Waited 17 minutes for a supervisor who I could barely understand. Had to go to work. Got a call at 11:05 AM from the technician asking me did I want to reschedule? I replied you were supposed to be at my house between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM, his response was ‘And?’, Lovely rude and ignorant! I waited nearly three hours, was late for work and this is the response. No I am sorry or I apologize for the delay. Not even a phone call saying he will be delayed. All communicated had to be initiated by me. Now someone is to come tomorrow afternoon. Do I dare leave work early? Why is no one available after 5:00 PM for customers? Why do I have to change my schedule? WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE?????

My question is this. Who at Sear’s is responsible for recruiting and supervising the techs? There is absolutely no customer service or general manners exhibited by their techs or communication in a timely manner. I lost three vacation days, trying to get my machine fixed. I have spent nearly sixty dollars at the laundry mat. Who is going to reimburse me for this lost time and expense?

Oh, yes the charge is already on my bill to make matters worse. I have been a customer for nearly thirty years. I remember fondly of waiting for the Sears Christmas catalog to arrive in the mail. Sears Corporation, what is your response to this debacle? Hire people who actually give a **** about their jobs…what were the consequences for the techs that either did not show or were rude or did not fix the appliance correctly in the first place and better again, broke it even further?!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, adrichri! Thanks for posting on MySears today. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have had getting your washer repaired and the loss of your vacation days, in the process. I am passing this along to the SearsCares team, who will do what they can to get this resolved for you.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a reply is posted, I will contact you via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

adrichri,
    We apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced with your washer repair service. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We thank you for letting us know about this situation and would like to discuss this experience further with you and assist in addressing any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (adrichri) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Community How to Use Forums/FA... Sears Repair Service...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in