Ask an Expert : Gardening

• Snowblower flat tire

• Hi, I have a now blower made by Sears Model 31AS6DTF799 which is less than 2 years old. It has flat tire. Does anyone know how to take the tire with rim out and repair it? Toro is easier than Sears
    I open the bolt from the tire but it doesn’t come pout. Do I need to some something else on this model?
    I appreciate if anyone can give me an advise?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, chossein! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question. I am sure one of the Lawn and Garden experts can walk you through changing that tire.

An Expert will be by shortly with a response. Once he posts, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can view his answer.

Thanks!

Hi chossein, The tire and rem should be held to the axle by a bolt and some bell washers. It is best to turn the unit forward so the augar is holding both wheels up off the ground. The wheel rim may be stuck on the axle from rust so you maight need to use some rust buster to free it up. Bill

It’s easy to reinflate a tire without removing it. Set the machine on a block of wood to raise the flat ire off the ground. Cinch a rope or strap around the tire in the middle of the tread, tightening the cinch seals the side walls of the tubeless tire into the rim so it will hold air. For punctures try a can of green slime tire sealant. Happy winter!

Forums Ask an Expert Gardening Snowblower flat tir...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in