Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• Terrible Service & washer

• Our washing machine started leaking about this time last year, leaving large puddles of soapy water on the floor. Not leaking every time, just some times, no apparent pattern to the leaks. Per our extended service agreement, I called and asked for service; was told it would be two weeks, when someone came last January, they couldn’t diagnose a problem, but replaced parts. Since January, we have had 8 visits, and parts replaced 5 times. I have patiently followed the service departments protocol when they said we would qualify for a replacement after 4 replacements of parts. After 4 replacements, they said it had to have been within 90 days, and refused to replace it. I stayed patient and agreed to another visit from a tech. This tech shrugged and said he didn’t know what was wrong, and he couldn’t replace any more parts. The next day it leaked again ( I have pictures). Following up with Sears again, when I asked for a replacement, they said they would consider it, but it was refused again (November) saying parts had to be replaced within 60 days (which is it, 60 or 90?). When I kindly said I didn’t think that made any sense, they offered to send a “senior tech” out the next day. He didn’t show. The tech that came the next day was the same tech who came the first time last January and several times since. It had leaked that day and I left the water on the floor for him to see. He took the washer apart and was stymied again. He said “he sees 10 broken washers a day 300 days a year and he doesn’t know what’s wrong with this one”.

After my last call to the service department and last visit by a tech, they have not called to follow up as promised. The only reason I can think of that they keep sending service techs to our house is that they want my service agreement to run out so they don’t have to replace my machine. It seems to me they could have replaced the washer a few visits and parts ago for less than the cost of their repair and service department combined.

In the mean time, I am stuck with a leaking machine – and have paid for a service agreement that has provided nothing but visits from techs saying they don’t know what’s wrong. I am wondering how our floor under the washer is holding up and if Sears will pay for it’s replacement, along with reimbursing me for my time over the last year spent waiting for repairmen, time on hold with the service department and talking with them- I am an hourly consultant- so time spent trying to get my washer fixed is time I am not able to earn money.

I am very disappointed with the service department and my washing machine. This will be our last purchase from Sears.
    I wish they would do the right thing and admit there’s some kind of problem, apologize and get us a machine that doesn’t leak.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, nancyg62! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear about all of the troubles you have had with your washer. I am sure all of those appointments with no true resolution have been frustrating to you. I am going to pass along your comments to the SearsCares team. They can look into your case for you, and will determine what the next steps need to be for you to be satisfied.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Dear, nancyg62

Thank you for bringing this to our attention about the troubles with your washer. We can see how after having the washer repaired multiple times and it failed again is upsetting. We would like to see what other options we have to provide further assistance with your repairs. My name is Mina with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We do not intent to make our customer repair service experience a negative one and it’s clearly that we failed in getting your situation resolved. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (nancyg62 ), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact your directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss this matter.

Thank you,

Mina H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Hi Mina-
    I sent a message as you requested on 12/10 and have not yet heard from anyone. I did hear from someone in your service department who was calling to sell me another year of an extended service agreement- he was unaware of my posts and this correspondence.
    Nancy

Hi Mina-
    I sent a message as you requested on 12/10 and have not yet heard from anyone. I did hear from someone in your service department who was calling to sell me another year of an extended service agreement- he was unaware of my posts and this correspondence.
    Nancy

Hi nancyg62! Thanks for letting us know! I have passed this along to your case manager. Look to hear from someone soon.

Thanks!

Hi nancyg62,

Thanks for coming back to provide this update, we understand you are in need of assistance to bring resolution to this ongoing matter with your washer. We appreciate your patience and will forward your post to our case management team to request direct follow up contact.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Kmart Social Media Support

Hi nancyg62,

After further research, our records indicate we do not have your contact information perhaps due to server issues we have been experiencing. We apologize for the inconvenience; would please resubmit your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (nancyg62), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the confusion; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Kmart Social Media Support

Forums Community Report Bugs & T... Terrible Service &am...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in