Chit Chat : Sears Holdings Corporation

• The worst on-line shopping experience ever

• Late Saturday day night, I discovered an online-only summer clearance event on http://www.kmart.com. I found some fantastic deals and I spent the next couple of hours shopping. There were shorts, shirts, and bathing suits that were originally $25-$30 on sale for only .99 cents. It took me a while to find everything in my size, and add it to my cart. There were times when shopping, that I would check my cart and some of the items had a message that they were no longer available and to delete them from the cart.

I would delete the bad ones and add more clothes in to replace them. I started to rush because I knew other people were probably buying clothes too…even though now it was 130am on Saturday night/sunday morning.

Anyway, I finally place my order of 20 items and pay with my credit card. I receive a confirmation and even had free shipping with my shopyourwaymax account. I was ecstatic, I just bought $300 worth of clothes (retail price) for only $18.54. I went to bed exhausted, but happy. I just bought next summer’s wardrobe for less than twenty bucks. The next morning, I woke up and told my wife what a great deal I got and I went online and placed 2 more orders for 8 more items for my son.

Then the nightmare begins…..

This afternoon, I receive an email stating that my order has been cancelled. My jaw dropped…I just spent all night shopping and now my order was cancelled???? It must be a mistake. The email said “Unfortunately, an error occurred while processing, and your order has been cancelled. Our customer care representatives would be happy to help you replace the order. They can be reached at 18002908390 and are ready to help.”

Phew, they are ready to help I thought. So, I proceeded to call the number so that they could get my order re-entered. When I called the number I reached a representative who spoke broken English, which is fine. I could still make out what he was saying. After 10-15 minutes couldn’t figure out what the issue was, so he placed me on hold for another 15-20 minutes to find out. When he came back on the phone, he said my order was cancelled because the items were “out of stock”. WHAT???? Out of stock??? I removed all of the out of stock items from my cart…it wouldn’t let me place the order online unless the items were in stock. He said there was nothing he could do, so I requested a manager.

He transferred me to a “Case Manager” named Jason (rep id 401638). Jason, told me more or less that i’m screwed and I there isn’t anything he can do about it. He said if I wanted to seek resolution, I would have to email corporate at shc@customerservice.sears.com.

Frustrated, I typed up a lengthy email stating my concerns with the poor service I have received, so far. I put my contact number in the email, as well hoping someone from corporate cared about my situation enough to maybe even pick up the phone and call me. Boy was I wrong. Two hours after sending my email, I receive a “canned response” generic email from corporate that didn’t even mention any of my concerns. I could clearly tell that it was not a personalized response with phrases like “we appreciate your business”, “we apologize for any frustration”, etc… The email then stated that “Customer Solutions is the highest office you are able to reach through phone or email” and “All agents have the same authority and empowerment to assist you. If you would like to speak to a manager we ask that you please call Customer Solutions directly at 18004796351 and request to speak with a manager on duty.”

“Okay”, I thought. Is everyone just passing the buck? Why didn’t Jason just give me that number in the first place??? They must certainly have more authority then corporate.

On my way home from work, I call the 800 number that was provided by corporate and ask to speak with the “manager on duty” like they said. The person on the phone had me explain everything all over again and then put me on hold for 15 minutes only to get her Manager. Then, she came back on the line and told me that her Manager said that she had to transfer me to an “Online” manager. She placed me on hold again for another 10 minutes to get the “Online” manager. Once that Manager, Guillermo, was on the phone, I had to once again explain my entire ordeal. Several minutes into our conversation, I told him that my cell phone was cutting out and asked if he could call me back on my landline. He said no problem, hang up and he’d dial my home phone. I hung up, and guess what??? He never called back.

I then had to call that same number back and explain everything yet again. This time I said that I wanted an Online Manager. It took about 20 minutes this time to get over to an Online Manager. This time, I spoke with Shauna. She was the nicest and most helpful out of anybody. She expressed sincere empathy with my situation and looked into everything thoroughly, however, when all was said and done she said all that she could offer me was 20% off of my next order. I politely declined, and told her that was ridiculous. I can find better coupons online. I just had $300 dollars worth of items in my cart that I was buying for $18.54 and 20% off my next purchase was not going to cut it. I want my order replaced.

I asked her what my next steps are from here and she suggested that I make a posting on this forum. Who knows what good this will do, but it’s worth a try. That’s not the topper though. After explaining all the people I have talked to and the corporate email that I received, I asked her for her ID number and if she had a list of all of the people that I talked to today. After naming off several names, she came to Jason, the first case manager from earlier in the day that I spoke to. She said “Oh, Jason works here with me…”. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I just spent hours on the phone and email trying to resolve an issue and just went back in a complete circle.

Cancellation email–>Rep–>Jason(casemanager)–>corporate email–>rep–>Guillermo(casemangager who didn’t call back)–>rep–>shauna(nice case manager)–>sears community–>???

This is seriously ridiculous. My next step is to write corporate and the CEO. I’ve gone this far….why not? I will patiently wait for a reply on this post before moving forward. If not resolved properly, I will make it a point to never shop at Kmart, Sears, or any affiliated company again.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, rremisoski! Thanks for visiting the MySears Community today. We can certainly get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to discuss the problems you had with that order and will do what they can to assist.

A team member will be by shortly with a response requesting more information from you. Once that is posted, I will let you know via email and include a link back to this thread so you can view the reply.

Thanks!

Dear Rremisoski,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry for the trouble you have encountered with your online order, and apologize that the order was cancelled without your knowledge. We can understand why this situation would be very frustrating for you, especially with all the great deals you found. We would like the chance to look into this situation further for you, and see how we can help make this right. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Rremisoski), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat Sears Holdings Corpo... The worst on-line sh...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in