Chit Chat : Current Affairs

• Total Waste of Time & Money!!!!

• I ordered a dress online. I intended on wearing it to an event. The dress ships, but it was the wrong size. I really loved the dress. Called Sears.com and was convinced by a rep to pay cash for a dress that I’d originally bought with a gift card (to ensure it wasn’t out of stock & that I received it ontime for my event). She said she heavily documented BOTH the old and new order numbers of the issue. In good faith, I re-purchased the dress and returned the original one to my local Sears store. I get home yesterday and a package from Sears.com has arrived. I open it and it’s PAJAMAS! Not my dress, but PAJAMAS! My first thought was ‘Did I forget I ordered this?’ I check the shipping slips. Both contained the same item# with the same decription. It was SUPPOSED to be my dress! I called Sears.com again. After speaking to a rep that was giving me some standard responses, I requested a Supervisor. His suggestion? I pay for the item with him (AGAIN), ship the wrong item back to Sears.com and wait for a refund…HELLO?! I already did this in good faith that Sears would take care of me. So now, I’m supposed to trust that if I do it again, everything will be fine?! NO! He checks warehouse inventory and they no longer have the dress. He still wanted me to pay for the dress and THEN he would see if he could find a store that carried it. I asked if he could check the stores first, he said No. I don’t get this. I am out of time, money, and a dress for my event. I’m short on cash (it’s Christmastime). His “resolution”? He would give me 10% off a future order & free shipping. What’s 10%?! Sales prices give more than that! Plus, I’m a Shop Your Way Max Member so I get free shipping anyway. I think Sears should do a better job to ensure customer satisfaction. Responses were generic and inconsiderate. Plus before I can get my refund, I have to wait for a return slip, return the item, wait for it to get to the warehouse, then wait another couple of weeks for my refund to be re-issued. All of this and I STILL don’t have a dress! Sears should give me my money back twice! It’s not like this giant corporation can’t afford the $40 I spent on the dress. But hey, who I am but a consumer that helps to keep your business running. Don’t take a dump on the ‘little guy’. Accept responsibility for YOUR misfaults and make it right!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, t.will7580. Welcome to MySears! Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I am very sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. I would like to put you in contact with our Customer Care Team for additional support. Once the Team responds to you here I will reach out to you via email to let you know.

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out!

Dear t.will7580,

My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. Please accept our sincere apologies for the incorrect Sears.com orders you received. We certainly understand your frustration and inconvenience with putting additional money out this time of year. We would like to speak with you and discuss options to make this situation right for you. We value your business and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (t.will7580) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat Current Affairs Total Waste of Time ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in